shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you keep your purse organized?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm blown away by the number of people that get away with small bags! Are you also carrying a tote or something?

When I go to work I need: wallet, keys (many keys), Chapstick, lipstick, phone, sunglasses, eye glasses case, in winter I put gloves in my bag, I'm pregnant so I also have a granola bar and some almonds in there... it really all adds up! I feel like I could never get away with a small bag! How do you do it?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1487729368|4131960 said:
So maybe this question doesn't apply to those minimalists. Unfortunately for me, I am already as minimal as I can get. I have house key pouch, office key pouch, garage door opener, wallet, sunglasses, regular glasses, toiletries pouch, work daily moleskine calendar, and usually a scarf or hat. So what has finally worked for me is this perfectly sized flat bottom bag that has a wide opening that opens all the way and is not too deep, so I can see everything in one glance. With an organizer, everything stays in place. I haven't had to dig around anymore. I realize now that it is about getting the bag with the right structure for you. I'm so excited.
So organized! Love it. I even felt inspired to organize my large Gucci tote. It has a small attached pouch inside but no pockets or dividers. You'd think for that much money they can throw in some pockets. I added some pouches to separate everything floating in the bag. Still don't have a a place for the phone so I just dig around the bag to find it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I carried large bags, I used purse organizers. Didn't really like them. My shoulders and back are getting to old to carry around a lot of stuff and my bags have become smaller the past few years. Thanks to all who mentioned wristlets. I like the idea and tried a few last Saturday but most were too small for my phone and pared down necessities.

I did find a hybrid of sorts that I bought to try out. It can be described as a teensy purse or big wristlet. It's 9 x 6 with the flap folded; 9 x 9 with the flap up; has 2 small open pockets inside as well as one zippered. It fits my basics with room for a bit more -- I could get a small brush and eyeglass case in there. Thanks again, to those who gave me inspiration to try a teenier bag.

flapped.jpg

unflapped.jpg

_39105.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite bag right now is a Kate Spade Cobble Hill small ella. It is in a lovely blue shade which works with my jean wearing life. I have pared down what I take. I carry: car fob, a fan that hooks into my iPhone, LV zip wallet, Kindle, iPhone plus, sunglasses, cheater glasses for when I wear my contacts, hair brush (about 5 inches), kindle and various lip glosses, powder and brush and a couple of pens. It is a small cross body bag but it all fits. My prior bags were Rebecca Minkoff-I can't remember the name of the bag but I loved them so much I bought 5 colors. I put exactly the same stuff in them but they were heavier. Now they just sit in my closet.

I love the ella but not the colors it comes in. I wish they had a saddle brown. I find I don't carry black bags too much anymore. I once tried one of the purse organizers but found them annoying and they made my bag heavier. I think they would be very helpful for working/commuting women but that is not me.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this organizer for a couple years and forgot about it until a couple months ago. Super helpful to go from purse to purse quickly with tons of pockets to keep stuff straight.

20161208_154734.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results