shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you have your gems and jewelry delivered to you?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Long boring post shortened. Wondering how/where everyone has their pricey (or semi-pricey) gems and jewelry delivered to them and any wisdom learned from mistakes, if you have anything to share. It is always a little nerve-wracking for me. Thanks!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FedX always as it's the choice of the vendors from whom I've purchased and MrsB sent Bodecea to me via FedX with no problem. For pricey stuff from Whiteflash and Brian Gavin, I had to pick them up from the FedX office. Less pricey pieces (around $1500 and under), were delivered to the house with signature required.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always a bonded courier in a black S-class.

No, pre-pandemic my answer would have been "whatever the vendor is comfortable with." But after seeing how I "signed" for FedEx packages that were just tossed on the mat, I now only have things held on location -- at the local FedEx store or at one of the main USPS processing centers. Not super-convenient but it is so much lower stress. And I may ask to have something shipped later in the week so I can get it Sat AM and not have to worry about ducking out of work, etc. This is now my preferred route almost no matter how inexpensive something is (i.e., need not be jewelry -- this is how we send dumb stuff to our kids). Amazon will cover a lost package. Everybody else? Not so much...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FedEx, DHL, USPS, Royal Mail/ParcelForce; all tracked and signed for.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a jewelry vendor whatever delivery service they use. If I am shipping or a non jewelry professional is shipping usually it is first class usps with tracking and signature required

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FedEx signature required.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mostly buy vintage/antique, so most of it comes USPS Priority, some with signature required but not all. So far I have gotten everything I’ve ordered. It’s kind of bananas to think of all the Jewelry that is probably out in the mail at any given moment :oops2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always a bonded courier in a black S-class.

No, pre-pandemic my answer would have been "whatever the vendor is comfortable with." But after seeing how I "signed" for FedEx packages that were just tossed on the mat, I now only have things held on location -- at the local FedEx store or at one of the main USPS processing centers. Not super-convenient but it is so much lower stress. And I may ask to have something shipped later in the week so I can get it Sat AM and not have to worry about ducking out of work, etc. This is now my preferred route almost no matter how inexpensive something is (i.e., need not be jewelry -- this is how we send dumb stuff to our kids). Amazon will cover a lost package. Everybody else? Not so much...

@71 degrees?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Uh-oh. I think I missed my own joke. Is that a thing...?!

Indeed you did, which makes your joke even better :cool2:

The reference is from the movie ELF.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies for the thread-jack in advance, however ...

Grrrr, I have 2 new rings en-route to me, and played it safe to arrange for them to be delivered early next week when I am certain I shall be at home, as I am away from base for the original estimated delivery date in the afternoon.

The tracking information provided by DHL shows it could have been delivered today, DOH!

Just have to wait for a little longer - considering the pink Sapphire in one of them was purchased in 2020, so a few more days won't matter!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG -- I did not even know that was a thing but it is perfect! Have never seen the movie and even the gif was not enough so i had to dig deeper...! Thank you, @PinkAndBlueBling!

You've never seen Elf? Unbelievable!!! Besides Die Hard it is a Christmas staple!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Apologies for the thread-jack in advance, however ...

Grrrr, I have 2 new rings en-route to me, and played it safe to arrange for them to be delivered early next week when I am certain I shall be at home, as I am away from base for the original estimated delivery date in the afternoon.

The tracking information provided by DHL shows it could have been delivered today, DOH!

Just have to wait for a little longer - considering the pink Sapphire in one of them was purchased in 2020, so a few more days won't matter!

I got two deliveries from DHL this week. Both were "signature required." They just put the first one in a lock box at my apartment complex (which we've had problems with before). I was at home waiting for them to knock on the door.

So I had the next one sent to my post office box at the post office. It was also "signature required." But they just had someone there sign for it, then put it in my mail box. The usual routine is that I'd have a slip put into my mail box and have to stand in line to sign for the package. So there too, if they'd mistakenly put it in the wrong box, I guess I'd just be out the money.

I wish they would not offer a "signature required" option if they weren't going to follow through with it. :(

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've never seen Elf? Unbelievable!!! Besides Die Hard it is a Christmas staple!

Some would argue if Die Hard is a Christmas film or not!

It qualifies in my book as it is set during a staff Christmas party!!!

DK :lol-2:

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I mostly buy vintage/antique, so most of it comes USPS Priority, some with signature required but not all. So far I have gotten everything I’ve ordered. It’s kind of bananas to think of all the Jewelry that is probably out in the mail at any given moment :oops2:

I bought a couple of vintage bands from Leigh Jay Nacht in the after Thanksgiving sale and they circled around about an hour from my house in USPS for days. Didn't think they'd ever arrive and worried that it might be my first ever just lost purchase. Luckily they showed up yesterday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results