shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you feel about 10K Jewelry?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not wear 10k gold, mainly because I''m allergic to nickel and 10k gives me a rash. My old wedding band (from XH) was 10k and it made my finger HURT so I rarely wore it for more than a few hours at a time.

It''s true that 10k is more durable than 14k or 18k, but I think 14k and 18k are still plenty durable enough for everyday wear. On a daily basis, I wear three rings, a tennis bracelet, a necklace, and my diamond studs. All of these pieces are yellow gold. All three rings are 18k and everything else is 14k. I''ve never had a problem with anything bending/scratching (not even the 18k rings).
1.gif

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
In South Africa, where I live, we only have 9ct and 18ct. 18ct is preferred because of perceived quality. Many people use 9ct and it''s not viewed as strange at all...

On a day to day basis, I usually wear silver. Silver huggie earrings, silver studs and a couple of silver bracelets. My most expensive piece of jewellery is a 46664 bangle and that too is silver. I''m a full-time student in a small town. The silver jewellery suits my look and doesn''t attract too much attention.

When we eventually get my engagement ring, it will be in palladium... But that''s purely because I find platinum too heavy and I''m too lazy to replate white gold. At some point I will get around to starting a proper, grown-up collection... And I must admit, the ladies here at PriceScope have given me oodles of inspiration!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
when I was younger I looked down on low karat gold as second best,but as ive grown a bit older I consider design over material more then i used in the jewelry i wear.Today I own and wear several pieces in 10kt as well as 12,14,18,22,24 karat gold,gold filled,sterling,stainless steel and tungsten.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Since I prefer rose gold the rosier color of 10K is a plus.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t mind it especially in bracelets since it is not as soft.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually associate it with cheaper jewelry because that is frequently what the mall chains use for their gemstone jewelry. I would however love to have some of my loose gemstones set in heavy 10k gold settings. I have one Andalusite set in a heavy 10k setting that I just adore.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I see very much of it. I associate it with the UK. If I do see it, I am unaware that I am seeing it! Jewelerman wrote about "looking down on" lower karat gold when he was younger, preferring the higher

karat golds. When I was younger, I preferred the lower karat golds! I preferred either 14K or 18K to 22K or 24K gold which looked very brassy to me. Pure gold jewelry looked crass, not conservative enough. It is

only in recent years that I have started to wear pure gold jewelry in all its bright and brassy splendour!

AGBF
34.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results