shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you Fage??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so with the big fage rage in WWT I thought it would be fun to start a thread were we could post our favorite fage recipes/mix in''s. I just bought some today and have yet to try it but would love to here what you all love the best..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok call me dumb, but what is Fage???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won''t call you dumb, if it wasn''t for the WWT thread I never would have knew either.

it''s greek yogurt..

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, MrsS -- where did you find it? I haven''t posted in the WWT lately (it has been a busy few weeks) ~ but I have read all about the Fage and would love to try it. Since you''re local to me, curious where you found it? Wild Oats?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, wild oats and they have the better than peanut butter there too.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 3:37:58 PM
Author: mrssalvo
yep, wild oats and they have the better than peanut butter there too.
Thanks!!! Hmmm, I foresee a Wild Oats trip in my future
1.gif

I think the Fage and Jam/Jelly combo sounds yummy!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Haha
9.gif

I'm boring but I looooove my 2% Fage with two splendas and some honey on it for breakfast! I used to not even like honey at all, but now b/c of this little concoction, I'm hooked!
18.gif

I'm curious about other additions to it -- Mara's PB cup creation sounds pretty darn good!

We've also eaten it for dessert -- sweetened up with splenda and honey and then dip fresh strawberries in it. Delish!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
1. Splenda, sugar-free maple syrup and cinnamon
2. Splenda, vanilla extract, and Walden Farms sugar-free jam (usually strawberry)
3. Splenda, Orange extract, and handful of blueberries

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
splenda always!! it''s too sour for me without it, even with a bunch of mix ins.

then i add a mix of various things...here are my favorites:
cinnamon
honey
low-sugar jam
sugar-free chocolate syrup
better n''peanut butter
chopped banana or strawberries or blueberries
blended with overripe frozen banana, cocoa powder or sugar free syrup, better n''peanut butter and 1/2 a pack of 100 cal peanut butter crisps
parfait style with fruit and granola

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
I use the Trader Joes brand equivalent to Fage - It''s great as a dessert with honey, warm toasted nuts, and dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, etc)

I also use it in place of sour cream or heavy cream in sauces. It makes them taste really creamy and decadent without the fat!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 4:38:26 PM
Author: Jossyw
I use the Trader Joes brand equivalent to Fage - It''s great as a dessert with honey, warm toasted nuts, and dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, etc)
What is the TJ brand called? Is it the mediterranean yogurt or something? I have a container sitting in my fridge from TJ and I''m wondering if it''s the equivalent of Fage?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just honey
Or honey and banana
Or my latest fave is 1 to 1.5 tbs (50-75 cals) of Knott''s boysenberry preserves. No sugar or splenda needed. SO good.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I eat my Fage with honey from a nearby farm. If I want something a little extra, I add vanilla or lemon oil.

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 4:43:55 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 3/28/2007 4:38:26 PM
Author: Jossyw
What is the TJ brand called? Is it the mediterranean yogurt or something? I have a container sitting in my fridge from TJ and I''m wondering if it''s the equivalent of Fage?
It''s called "Trader Joes Greek Style Yogurt." I think they make it in 0% fat plain, 2%, and full fat and I think they also make some flavors as well. I''ve only tried the 0% and 2% plain though - both were good!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mix in a splenda and a low fat granola or some fresh or dried fruit...i love chewy and crunchy and creamy together...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 3:26:20 PM
Author: Kaleigh

OMG, I was always looking for Fage and my husband was buying it the whole time!!! He bought the peach and other flavors. I kept looking at Trader Joe''s and I almost asked for it; I never made the connection. I should of tried it the last time my husband bought. I still can''t believe it. Crazy! If I never read this thread I would never find it and never knew we had it in our house a few times recently. LOL!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I love it with honey, yum! They sell the singles with honey...it''s really good!! I also add it to smoothies...throw some frozen fruit (let''s not forget the frozen cherries from TJ''s) in a blender, with some fage...yummy!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Lisa. At least I am not alone!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 9:41:47 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Thank you, Lisa. At least I am not alone!
Here''s a link: fage

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I have never heard of Fage, but it sounds great! I hate the texture of yogurt, but no that it''s healthy for me, so maybe this is a good alternative!

*M*

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
poptart - the texture of fage is what makes it so yummy. I love the 2% - so creamy!!

I''m going to have to get more adventurous based on this thread - I''ve just been doing 1.5 packets of Splenda plus some vanilla extract (which has the advantage of not adding any calories
3.gif
).

But the most important part of the Fage experience is the (very small) fingerful I give our 9-month-old ragdoll kitten (some of you may remember Oliver - he got his own thread when we got him, though he''s a lot larger now) - he specifically and unfailingly recognizes the sound of foil coming off a fage container in the kitchen and he will come and beg for it until he gets a little - he eats it right off my finger. He''s even learned to stand up on his hind legs and lean his front legs against the cabinets, just to make sure I give him some!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 12:47:25 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
poptart - the texture of fage is what makes it so yummy. I love the 2% - so creamy!!

I''m going to have to get more adventurous based on this thread - I''ve just been doing 1.5 packets of Splenda plus some vanilla extract (which has the advantage of not adding any calories
3.gif
).

But the most important part of the Fage experience is the (very small) fingerful I give our 9-month-old ragdoll kitten (some of you may remember Oliver - he got his own thread when we got him, though he''s a lot larger now) - he specifically and unfailingly recognizes the sound of foil coming off a fage container in the kitchen and he will come and beg for it until he gets a little - he eats it right off my finger. He''s even learned to stand up on his hind legs and lean his front legs against the cabinets, just to make sure I give him some!
That''s sooo cute
emcat.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 1:00:08 PM
Author: marvel

Date: 3/29/2007 12:47:25 AM
Author: AmberGretchen

3.gif
).

That''s sooo cute
emcat.gif
It is cute indeed!

Anyone else get kind of "sad" when they get to the bottom of a Fage cup? I start taking smaller bites to make it last...
37.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock

OK CALL ME DUMB!!!!! I am greek and have NEVER heard of FAGE...
it is close to the word for "meal" which is "Fayee" (that is a phonetic spelling)....lol

SO how dumb do you think I feel??!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 3:00:32 PM
Author: Sophie

OK CALL ME DUMB!!!!! I am greek and have NEVER heard of FAGE...
it is close to the word for ''meal'' which is ''Fayee'' (that is a phonetic spelling)....lol

SO how dumb do you think I feel??!!
Haha, that''s pretty funny!! I asked my daughter if she knew about it, as she loves good yogurt, and being in college is always looking for a healthy snack. She hasn''t heard of it either. But she''s going to search for it now!!!
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well it is really just greek yogurt. fage is the brand name. the only places that carry it out here are whole foods and trader joes. i typically get this other greek yogurt for cooking with (aka mixing with tandoori paste or with dijon for a marinade) with but when i tried to eat it like i do Fage, it was SOO not the same, the taste was really sour and kinda gross. so i don't deviate from fage-love now for my treats...and i still use the other brand for cooking. i don't mind that Fage is a little more pricey. it somehow makes me savor it more! and yes TG the bottom of the fage cup is sad. i sometimes get the bigger container and scoop it out of there into a glass parfait dish and then i am practically licking the glass at the end. greg always gives me weird looks.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I''m scared to get the bigger container, because I''d probably eat it all at once!! And yes, TG, I do feel kind of sad too when I reach the end of a container. I run that spoon into every nook and cranny to get every last little scoop out!

Out of curiosity, what does it cost you on the West Coast for it? Here (Boston), it''s the same at TJs and WF: $1.69 for the smaller container.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s a $1.69 for the small container here in nashville...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Mara, I have this hilarious image of you in mid-lick looking sheepishly at Greg while he looks at you all weird. Ellaila, I use a smaller spoon...makes it last longer and easier to get into those nooks and crannies!

I have tried TJ''s "greek style" yogurt because it is so much cheaper, but it is not the same. In fact, in that link that marvel posted, there''s a faq page that tells you the difference between greek yogurt and greek style, and I find it quite true. Fage is worth the money because when I buy the big TJs container, I found I wasted most of it. I never waste a Fage!

Oh, and I think they are 1.89 here...pricey.
8.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think ours are like $1.79 at TJ and they are $1.99 at WF. so i get them at TJ unless i am desperate. hahaa.

yeah well TG he already knows i''m a tweaker, so me licking active cultured yogurt out of a parfait dish just warrants a strange glance or two. hehee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results