shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you divide up household duties?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
You could always let him pay for a housekeeper to get the basic cleaning done. That concept has saved a lot of marriages.
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Switch off cooking & cleaning up afterwards. I''m the better cook so I cook, but my husband does the dishes. Do your own laundry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 11:22:33 AM
Author: IslandDreams
You could always let him pay for a housekeeper to get the basic cleaning done. That concept has saved a lot of marriages.
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Switch off cooking & cleaning up afterwards. I''m the better cook so I cook, but my husband does the dishes. Do your own laundry.

In NJ... our house was MUCH bigger than our 760 sq ft apartment, and we did have someone come in occasionally. It REALLY helped.

Out here... my mother and gradmother have this great lady that comes to their house (my grandparent''s house 3 times a week, my mother''s-- once every two weeks) and she''s offered to come to our place, but its so small... there just isn''t a point. Once DF''s business gets off the ground again, though...and we sell our house, and get a bigger place. We definitely will have someone in once every two weeks.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say I do 99% of the cleaning, ALL of the cooking (but I love pottering in the kitchen!!) but like Dani am very anal about how I like things done!! DF treats me to a fab breakfast on a Saturday, so that keeps me happy
41.gif
Easily pleased, I hear you cry! DF does HEAPS of really physical labour around the place though, namely ALL electrical modifications I want, he built our STUNNING, huuuge murboo timber and black iron gates, as per my requests
36.gif
and various other bits that I''d have to pay a tradesman to do if I were on my own (he''s an amaingly talented handyman!!). So I''m pretty happy witht the way things are. I''d call it equal.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. I think this might be an unfair division...but:

Me: Everything associated with cooking and the kitchen (dishes, packed lunches EVERYTHING)
Him: everything else.

In any case he has a lady (an angel) who comes once a week and does the whole clean up on the house. So that only leaves taking out the trash, laundry, litter box, and yard work, occassional vacuuming.

Although I have to say, I told him I would NEVER touch laundry, garbage, (anything that is his domaine) And I meant it. I don''t even know how to work the washing machine (I figure if I don''t know how he can never ask me) I''ve 100% firm about this. I figure if I even do it once because he''s sick etc., then he''ll get lazy and expect me to keep on doing it. The lines of war are clearly drawn in our relationship
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results