shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you clean your tub/shower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I used to use the Mr. Clean Magic reach, which was a rubber pad at one end on a long, extendable handle. It was like the swiffer, but the cloths I used were dry with stripes of cleaner on them that activated when you wet them. Well, they must have discontinued it, because I can''t find the cloths anywhere, and I don''t know how else to clean my tub.

I''ve tried using a swiffer, but I feel like the cleaner on that is nowhere near strong enough to clean the tub, plus the shape isn''t nearly as helpful as the magic reach (I tried using Commet plus the swiffer, and that was no good). I''ve been using a bathroom cleaner and scrubbing with a rag, but I really HATE having to scrub by hand. Any other suggestions?

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I use a ''no scrub'' cleaner... I don''t know the actual name, heck, that might even be it. lol. I spray it on really good and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes (or until I remember). Then I go and rinse out the bath/shower.

I also have a scrubber thing with a handle on it that I use on the tub part, if need be. Using the ''no scrub'' stuff it ends up being just wiping the soap scum or w/e off, instead of actually scrubbing.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I use the Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean the tub and shower. It easily removes soap scum and hard water marks. I use diluted bleach in a spray bottle to sanitize and just rinse off with cool water. I try to avoid bleach in my little guy''s bathroom, so I usually do a vinegar spray which does kill lots of bacterias and mildew.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 9:39:06 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I use the Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean the tub and shower. It easily removes soap scum and hard water marks. I use diluted bleach in a spray bottle to sanitize and just rinse off with cool water. I try to avoid bleach in my little guy''s bathroom, so I usually do a vinegar spray which does kill lots of bacterias and mildew.

That''s about what I do too.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Another Magic Eraser fan here!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Clorox.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the magic eraser for tubs! I''ve never had anything work so well.

I''ve heard it is carcenogenic so I try to use gloves/not use it too often but I can''t stop using it. It is so amazing at making the tub and walls squeeky clean!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner . . . that would be the spray thingy that hangs from your shower head and you push the button right after your shower and it sprays wonderful-smelling cleaning stuff all over the inside of the shower! LOVE that thing!
16.gif

I also use the bathroom cleaner made by Scrubbing Bubbles for when it really needs a good cleaning. I just spray that on and then scrub lightly with one of those scrubby sponges, then rinse. HATE doing that!
20.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I second Irishgrrl, I am a fan of Scrubbing Bubbles...
However, I learned this weekend that Soft Scrub is the best thing since sliced bread.
36.gif

I was trying to get stains off of the expensive stainless steel sinks I installed last year and I scratched one of the sinks before I finally resorted to googling the recommended cleaner for the sink. Lo and behold, one of them was Soft Scrub. So I took out what was left and beat the plastic container against the side of sink with the cap off so I could get every little bit left...I was on a mission. I was in shock...my sink was transformed. I was so inspired I went straight to the bathroom to clean the shower. What is wrong with me? I don't clean?? I only do laundry dangit! And where the heck is Manuela...my beautiful and heavenly house cleaner. I miss her. I need to get her back.
30.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I use that Scrubbing bubbles automatic thing, which is great. But over the course of, lets just say, a long time, soap scum does build up. I scrubbed it with soft scrub and plastic scrubby pads and some sort of automatic battery powered scrubber and made very little progress.

So on the advice of this thread I tried that magic eraser thing - had been sitting around my house for a year wondering what the hype was about - and that thing works! I actually have the generic brand, but man, that is satisfying seeing all that crud come off.

I only did a small section cause it''s late. Can''t wait to make my shower really shiney tomorrow
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miracles ~ I''m going to have to try the Soft Scrub! Ya know, I really have to laugh at myself for being such a big fan of Scrubbing Bubbles. My Mom always used to buy Scrubbing Bubbles when I lived at home, and I decided when I moved out that I was NOT going to use Scrubbing Bubbles . . . I was going to find something that worked better and SMELLED better! Well, after trying all different kinds of bathroom cleaner, I''m back to good ol'' Scrubbing Bubbles!
20.gif
2.gif

Basil ~ Yeah, the automatic thingy is great, but there IS a build up of soap scum over time. It doesn''t totally eliminate the need to clean your shower . . . it just lets you go longer between cleanings. I run my automatic thingy every day, clean the tub once a week, and clean the shower once a month.
1.gif

Everyone who has recommended using the Magic Eraser . . . that sounds like a great idea! I have a bunch of the Magic Erasers at home, but we generally just use them to clean dog slobber off the walls (LOL!) . . . I never thought of using them for cleaning the bathroom! Gotta give that a try!
9.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I use a magic eraser with different scented Caldrea all-purpose cleaners. They are natural and smell heavenly, I don''t mind cleaning the tub! You can also add me to the magic eraser fan club... I use them all of the time and can''t remember what I did before they existed!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
"How do you clean your tub/shower?"

I don't. FI does
27.gif

On a serious note, he uses Scrubbing Bubbles and a scrubby sponge. Our tub is textured on the bottom and tends to hold onto grime, so it takes a lot of hard work to get it clean. That's why I refuse to do it
17.gif

ETA: I've also used the Magic Eraser with some success, but it still requires a lot of hard work and scrubbing (at least on our tub)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Another Magic Eraser fan! And it works on GROUT too!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for scrubbing bubbles!

I don''t really clean the house every day. I use Sundays as my cleaning day to take care of everything: floors, rooms, laundry, and bathroom. So I like that I can spray on bubbles, go put in a load of laundry/sort clothes, then wipe the bathroom down. It''s awesome.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I am such a fan of Magic Eraser, it''s not even funny. I think I have 4 boxes under my kitchen sink. It wipes drool off of walls (the joys of living with drooly dogs), cleans grout, cuts through grease--it truly is magic! I joke that if they ever stop making them I will have to stockpile them in my basement. I do keep a magic eraser in the bathroom, but I''m one of those people who cleans the shower while I''m in it and use the combo of a magic eraser and scrubbing bubbles.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 9:30:15 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I am such a fan of Magic Eraser, it''s not even funny. I think I have 4 boxes under my kitchen sink. It wipes drool off of walls (the joys of living with drooly dogs), cleans grout, cuts through grease--it truly is magic! I joke that if they ever stop making them I will have to stockpile them in my basement. I do keep a magic eraser in the bathroom, but I''m one of those people who cleans the shower while I''m in it and use the combo of a magic eraser and scrubbing bubbles.
NEL, I know, right?!?! The dog drool is a CONSTANT battle in our house!
3.gif

And I had to laugh at the idea of you stockpiling Magic Erasers in your basement . . . made me think of the "Spongeworthy" episode of Seinfeld, where Elaine freaks out because the Today Sponge is discontinued and she stockpiles a bunch of them! LOL!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tilex and I use the shower spray in between on the shower, this stuff works great! The shower always looks freshly cleaned.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 10:46:48 AM
Author: Lorelei
Tilex and I use the shower spray in between on the shower, this stuff works great! The shower always looks freshly cleaned.
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 11:53:11 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

25.gif
25.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
FI once used Tilex to clean the entire tub (took him 20min) and he came out of the bathroom feeling faint from the fumes. I told him you're only supposed to spray that on the mildew, not use it to clean the whole thing!
20.gif
Then I showed him the bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles that has been under the sink forever.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 4:46:08 PM
Author: elrohwen

FI once used Tilex to clean the entire tub (took him 20min) and he came out of the bathroom feeling faint from the fumes. I told him you''re only supposed to spray that on the mildew, not use it to clean the whole thing!
20.gif
Then I showed him the bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles that has been under the sink forever.
Yikes!
23.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 8:51:45 PM
Author:Sabine
I used to use the Mr. Clean Magic reach, which was a rubber pad at one end on a long, extendable handle. It was like the swiffer, but the cloths I used were dry with stripes of cleaner on them that activated when you wet them. Well, they must have discontinued it, because I can''t find the cloths anywhere, and I don''t know how else to clean my tub.

I''ve tried using a swiffer, but I feel like the cleaner on that is nowhere near strong enough to clean the tub, plus the shape isn''t nearly as helpful as the magic reach (I tried using Commet plus the swiffer, and that was no good). I''ve been using a bathroom cleaner and scrubbing with a rag, but I really HATE having to scrub by hand. Any other suggestions?

I was using the Mr. Clean Magic reach too, and I loved it! So once I realized I couldn''t find the cleaning pads anymore, I sewed some old rags so they fit over the pad, and now I use that along with Method Tub and Tile cleaner, and Soft Scrub for tough stains. So now I can still scrub using the pole/pad (so nice not to have to get down on hands and knees) but overall it''s better for the environment too.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I like to use the chlorox toilet cleaning wand and scrubbing bubbles.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:50:58 PM
Author: miraclesrule
However, I learned this weekend that Soft Scrub is the best thing since sliced bread.
36.gif

I was trying to get stains off of the expensive stainless steel sinks I installed last year and I scratched one of the sinks before I finally resorted to googling the recommended cleaner for the sink. Lo and behold, one of them was Soft Scrub. So I took out what was left and beat the plastic container against the side of sink with the cap off so I could get every little bit left...I was on a mission. I was in shock...my sink was transformed. I was so inspired I went straight to the bathroom to clean the shower. What is wrong with me? I don''t clean?? I only do laundry dangit! And where the heck is Manuela...my beautiful and heavenly house cleaner. I miss her. I need to get her back.
30.gif
I use Bartenders Friend on my stainless steel sink. I wonder if I could use it on my tub to clean the soap scum? No problem with my shower, because I wipe it down each time and have never had a problem in over 5 years.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:24:25 PM
Author: soocool

Date: 3/1/2009 10:50:58 PM
Author: miraclesrule
36.gif

I was trying to get stains off of the expensive stainless steel sinks I installed last year and I scratched one of the sinks before I finally resorted to googling the recommended cleaner for the sink. Lo and behold, one of them was Soft Scrub. So I took out what was left and beat the plastic container against the side of sink with the cap off so I could get every little bit left...I was on a mission. I was in shock...my sink was transformed. I was so inspired I went straight to the bathroom to clean the shower. What is wrong with me? I don''t clean?? I only do laundry dangit! And where the heck is Manuela...my beautiful and heavenly house cleaner. I miss her. I need to get her back.
30.gif
I use Bartenders Friend on my stainless steel sink. I wonder if I could use it on my tub to clean the soap scum? No problem with my shower, because I wipe it down each time and have never had a problem in over 5 years.
Too funny, I was going to suggest the same thing! I love magic erasers but Bar Keepers Friend is just as good. It works wonders on the bathtub and glass cooktop. It really is a powdered form of the magic eraser!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:53:12 AM
Author: heb1976

Too funny, I was going to suggest the same thing! I love magic erasers but Bar Keepers Friend is just as good. It works wonders on the bathtub and glass cooktop. It really is a powdered form of the magic eraser!
Thanks for correcting me. I always get names of stuff confused!

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:20:12 AM

Date: 3/4/2009 8:53:12 AM
Author: heb1976

Thanks for correcting me. I always get names of stuff confused!
Please don''t think I was trying to correct you!
6.gif
I didn''t even realize you had typed the wrong name!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results