shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you Care your Engagement Ring you Bought Online?

tota1ecl1pse

Rough_Rock
To Everyone who bought Ring online.

Recently, I just purchased an engagement ring from WhiteFlash (Solitaire Style). For general cleaning and checking, what do you do? Do you pay money to do these services locally? I live in Bellevue, Washington USA. If you don't' know Bellevue, then Seattle might be place you probably heard before :) Exact name of place and location would be super great~

Here are my questions.

Once you buy a ring from Online, then do you usually run some sort of lab test again to be sure with local Jeweler?

Any local shops will clean for fee or Free? If you know any, then please let me know. I rather save money as much as possible~

Once it gets cleaned, then do you check the Inscription or etc to make sure it was your diamond? (sorry I might be worry too much here)

For sizing - do most shops will resize just in case on regular bases if my GF get pregnant or get heavier down the road :oops: Some sort of money or fee for life time grantee on resizing and cleaning maybe?

Any thing that I should know... please educate me :)

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, you should ask the moderators to have this post moved to Rocky Talky as that is where you advice threads are posted.

As far as a lab test, are you talking about verifying that the diamond you bought is the one you were actually sent? If that's the case, you can try and see with a loupe or have an appraiser or a jeweler verify the AGS number inscribed on the girdle.

Almost all local shops will clean your ring for free while you browse around. If they are doing it while you wait, you needn't worry about them switching the diamond as they simply wouldn't have enough time. If you left the ring for several days, then you would want to see the inscription yourself and verify that it's the same diamond. Of course if you totally trust the jeweler then that's probably not necessary.

You can pay to have your ring re-sized at a local shop that has a good reputation (hopefully not a mall jeweler like Kay's). If it's more than one whole size or if the shank has lots of melee (tiny diamonds) then I would probably send it back to WF or ask their advice before hand. You shouldn't need to pay for lifetime resizing. I think resizing once or twice in a lifetime is the average (that's going on what friend's and family have done).

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Most jewelry shops clean your diamond for you while you browse :) Otherwise I highly recommend getting the old school jewel jet (the red one) and a good soft baby tooth brush and dish soap to clean the lotion/gunk around your diamond and blow dry it with a hair dryer.

I buy most of my jewelry from Jewels by Grace and she offers a once a year "check-up" where her bench will inspect the prongs, and tighten them if necessary and clean it for you, buff, polish, ect when you purchase jewelry from her. I have a few pieces from Single Stone but haven't needed any services from them yet :)

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/jbg-jewel-care

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dishwashing liquid in warm water. Soak for 10 minutes and brush with soft toothbrush. Super clean new ring. Do more jewelry shopping. You will find a nice b&m to service your ring. See what other posters said.

tota1ecl1pse

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone. I guess I will stop by EE Robins and see what service they would offer :)

Cheers!

Young

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results