shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you calm your anxiety?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought in light of the Coronavirus and all the uncertainty associated with it we could share our tips for calming our anxiety.

So if you can please share here. Thanks.

E1A51FB1-C12B-48B2-A386-B1CDB3CC7DEB.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talk it through and outline my concerns and think about plans of action with each scenario. Being prepared helps calm me. And then taking it one day at a time. We can’t control everything but we can control how we feel.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing. Being active physically helps quiet my mind. Walking, working out and enjoying Pilates. It all helps. Plus eating right and trying to get sufficient quality sleep.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops sorry one more thing-another activity that helps me find peace. Listening to music I love. Really makes me feel better. And hanging out with our purry kitties. Nothing more calming than a kitty purring up a storm.

7DE16181-FC14-45D6-BCDF-8DC95758E6E0.jpeg AF350B1A-66BE-4E62-8577-F42046C77BDF.jpeg

B352E2E0-8151-4D61-A610-414384D07FDC.jpeg

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
walking in nature
ice cream! (less healthy approach)

for the coronavirus, understanding what you can control and what are the commonsense precautions you can take. it's made me more aware of how many things i touch during the day for sure.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Exercise outside, meditation, be prepared (girl, same as you!), baths, getting together with a close friend, talking about my anxiety, L-theanine helps a little, omegas, probiotics, doing something creative, humming. Not believing everything I think, and spending time with my boys.

I just joined a university study on anxiety and depression. Had the intake last night, and not sure if I meet their criteria, but I hope so! Knowledge is empowering, and they're going to have 2 groups try to different treatment approaches and then study how effective it is.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm flailing a bit. It comes and goes. I'm happy that the birds are coming back. I can get back to feeding them and seeing a return of perennials. I also have books to read. I can't leave the house, so I do get anxious.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Two calming practices for me are listening to classical music and sitting in the sun if possible (near a window is fine) for a period of time. My son finds lavender very soothing. Smelling my dog (is that weird?) and petting her are calming for me as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smelling my dog (is that weird?) and petting her are calming for me as well.

Not weird at all. I love smelling my cats. And they are smelly cats indeed.
:lol:

The sun and classical music are very soothing for me too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm flailing a bit. It comes and goes. I'm happy that the birds are coming back. I can get back to feeding them and seeing a return of perennials. I also have books to read. I can't leave the house, so I do get anxious.

@lyra you are being so smart about this to stay in the house and hoping you stay well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the sharp moments of anxiety, I practice deep breathing, I repeat in my head "you can only do what you can do", I remind myself that I am strong and that this too shall pass.

Yes that is one of my mantras too...hopefully it will pass with all of us remaining healthy. Fingers and toes crossed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exercise outside, meditation, be prepared (girl, same as you!), baths, getting together with a close friend, talking about my anxiety, L-theanine helps a little, omegas, probiotics, doing something creative, humming. Not believing everything I think, and spending time with my boys.

I just joined a university study on anxiety and depression. Had the intake last night, and not sure if I meet their criteria, but I hope so! Knowledge is empowering, and they're going to have 2 groups try to different treatment approaches and then study how effective it is.

Oh good luck @Begonia ! I hope you get chosen for the study.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
walking in nature
ice cream! (less healthy approach)

for the coronavirus, understanding what you can control and what are the commonsense precautions you can take. it's made me more aware of how many things i touch during the day for sure.

Yasssss ice cream! And walking is so calming for us too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I called my Mother and recommended she stay home from her social gatherings. Twice this year, in as many months she had a cold, and both times it was after she played cards. If she were to follow my advice I'd feel more at ease.

cheers--Sharon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Food, as in anything to do with food, like thinking, eating, preparing and eating, looking at food etc...

Walking the dog, cuddling the cat, watching them eat brings me joy and calms me.

Singing and playing the clarinet helps as I have to concentrate.

Planning, preparation and risk assessment helps to reduce unknowns.

Think positively and do not let other people's negativity rub off on me.

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naps
Chocolate
Wine

Sometimes all together then not a care in the world.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hug my dog, listen to good music, talk it out, hold it inside, tell someone they’re annoying

I don’t know...i live with chronic anxiety, i just ignore it. When it gets completely intolerable, there’s Valium.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am that kid in Calvin and Hobbs. I just don’t think about it.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I pretend I’m scuba diving and breathe through my mouth. If you panic while scuba diving, you’re in trouble. You can control your breathing, make calm decisions, and enjoy the sights around you.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slow deep breaths whilst sitting or lying quietly, either on my bed or with Yoga, help me. I had therapy for years to get to grips with my anxiety & I have a Safe Place that i often visualise. I will put my worries into a big wooden trunk, thank them for catching my attention, tell them I'm done with them & don't need them, close the lid, lock it, throw the key behind me & push the trunk out into the ocean, watching quietly in my minds eye until it bobs away onto the horizon & gets eaten by sharks.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Short term I remind myself that by letting my mind get carried away with whatever is making me anxious, I am putting myself through it. Then if whatever it is I am anxious about manifests, I will have suffered through it twice. No Bueno.

I also acknowledge the feeling and then send it on its way. The feeling itself has signaled me but it's not helping to solve anything.

Oh and oftentimes I seek out DH for a hug and give him the opportunity for us to laugh together at me. That sounds awful but it's not - he gets me and is my kinda weird, such that poking fun at our quirks and disaster-moments is a welcome relief from them!

Long term I rearrange furniture and/or do some home purging. That always make me feel so calm, happy and cleansed. I find myself in a more stable emotional state after such activity. (Just cleaned out our game closet and one of our bookshelves, and phew, I am feeling good! What corona virus? :D)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not going to lie, Peloton #sanchica27 if you want to follow, venting to the DH about the day, playing with my little, playing with my sparklies, wine (in any random order). If it's REALLY cranking cleaning & organizing also make the list

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was making myself sick (feeling physically awful) with worry earlier because schools here are closing, the city is completely shutting down. Then I remembered that even though money is a huge worry I can choose to say “Sorry, not leaving the house” and stay home. This will hopefully lessen our chances of getting sick while we ride this thing out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results