shape
carat
color
clarity

How do should I ask for the blessing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hansel

Rough_Rock
Wow. So, I guess if this were baseball I would be rounding second. I got the stone and setting. I am sending them to be set by my vendor who sold me the stone. (DiamondsRight is fixing the mistake for free). But now I have to ask for her parents blessing...I was think about taking them to a nice restaurant, and just asking. Can anyone give me a creative segway(how do you spell this?)?

Thanks

Nate

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
My BF is planning on calling my father, talking about some future plans as a segway. Like, when we''ll be moving, getting a new job, etc.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
I''m actually about to ask for the parents'' blessing this weekend as well. I''m just going to take them aside when my gf isn''t around and ask if I can talk to them for a moment. Once I get them in private, I''m just going to tell them that I love their daughter very much and that I''m planning on asking her to marry me in the near future. But before I did that, it would mean a lot to me and to my gf to get their blessing.

I''m not big on "rehearsing" things to much. In my opinion, it''s better when your words are more impromptu, it feels like it''s more from the heart that way.

Good luck with your conversation, I''m sure it''s going to go great!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Segue. Segway is the thing with wheels.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Call me old fashioned...and old
5.gif
....but I think it''s nicer to arrange to meet them in their home to discuss "something important" rather than to go out to dinner and worry about how to bring up THE subject....

This way no segue (or segway) is needed!

widget

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
In any case, don't worry too much about the "perfect" setting. I posted in my engagement thread about how my fiancee's father was so happy when I asked him for his blessing, that he didn't care at all that we weren't at a nice dinner, or that I hadn't shaved, or that I wasn't wearing nice clothes. Not one bit. I'm certain that when he thinks about that moment, all he remembers is the sincerity in my eyes and my voice, and how much I make his daughter smile. If the parents like you, and they know you make their daughter happy, then relax. Things are probably going to go well no matter what you do, and all 3 of you will part ways floating on cloud 9.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
This thread sort of amuses me in a roundabout way. I had the completely opposite experience. My intended''s parents basically came to me one day and told me they would pay for the wedding and that money wasn''t a problem if that''s what I was waiting for, yadda yadda. ;-)

I guess that''s the upshot of making her wait forever...

Pt_Fwd

Rough_Rock
I think a lot of it depends on whether you''re intending to surprise your girlfriend or not. I wanted to keep it a surprise so I picked a day where I knew she would be out with friends and enlisted her brother''s help to arrange for the parents to meet me at a local restaurant that they enjoy. I immediately broke out the ring as an unspoken sign of my intentions as the ice breaker. Most of the conversation revolved around how I was going to propose and the little things about her that I appreciate. As mentioned earlier, just the fact that I took the time & effort to extend the courtesy of asking for the blessing went a long way. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results