shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I''m show him I''m not kidding about the proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angie

Rough_Rock
Here''s my story - been going out with my boyfriend for 5 & a half yrs. We''ve both moved to a new coutry together. For me to stay, we have to get married. He suggested the idea, but didn''t officially propose to me. We haven''t spoken about it too much. But now with the 29th of Feb looming, I''m thinking of asking him to marry me. I''ve asked him a couple of times before in a light-hearted way, and he''s always said yes, but also just jokingly.
But now I want to ask him properly and I want him to see I''m serious about it.
How should I do it? He''s not too romantic and neither am I, but I want it to be special.
Men - give me your ideas. Pleeeeeze!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Just a thought - but if you proposed with a ring, I think he would know you're serious.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
If you proposed with a nice classy watch, engraved or something, that's also saying you dropped a lot of money, and maybe a lot of preparation on it, it won't seem like a joke.

Also, when you do it, if he starts to giggle...DON'T follow suit! (though you may want to...) Same as you tell a guy, know your audience, and do it in a personalized way that makes him feel special and doted upon. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! Pre-congrats!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think you need to drop a lot of money for him to know you are serious. He should be able to tell from your tone of voice. Talk to him about it, but minus the jokes and giggles. I think he'll get the point.

oldude

Rough_Rock
Angie; my GF and I dated for a year or so and then she moved in with me. After about a year she said either we move on with our relationship ie get married our she was gone.We've been married for almost 22 yrs now and I can honestly say it was the best decision i have ever made.
The problem with making a firm stance is you HAVE to mean it.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Agreed with Sumi you don't have to "drop a lot of money", which is always subjective to the couple and their means. But by a lot of money, I mean not a regular gift you've given before. You don't want to follow precedence. you want to show an sincere effort to seperate this event.

Some men, who spend obscene amounts (if they can) to others who spend as much as they can. Sexism aside, you're a girl, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have to show the same sacrifice and effort that men show.

Calculating, I would say 1.5 to two months tops of salary (after tax) is a fair amount. More if you feel it necessary, but the point IS to mean it, be sincere and show him how much effort you took to make him feel loved and special.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results