shape
carat
color
clarity

how do I stop obsessing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
pricescope is the greatest site ever, but I tell you the more I know, the more I obsess!

tacori is fixing my rings and setting my new diamond as we speak, so I cant even recall what they look like. I know they are ok. But I constantly worry about them-- will the H color show from the side, am I gonna see the inclusion, should I have went vs2, is the pavilion angle really gonna have a detrimental effect, is the tiny indented natural gonna be a problem, what if the rings wear each other down over the years, yadda yadda.

and i know once i get them back I will be louping and scrutinizing them to death (I did that with my old e-ring), and the more I do, the more "imperfections" i find, and the more bothered I become.

i guess I have just never had anything so expensive before. short of mental help, how do I stop the madness and enjoy what are going to be amazing rings with an amazing stone?

26.gif

chantheman

Rough_Rock
I scrutinized and scrutinized before and after purchasing the e-ring I chose for my fiance. Oddly the more I read on PS the more I worried about the decision I had made. Although I knew in my heart I had chosen a beautiful stone for a fair price, I knew I could have done better.

I ignored the HCA which gave me fantastic results. I ignored the I-Scope images and vendor opinions which were all positive. I ignored my independent appraiser and kept worrying.

Finally the ring assumed its proper place on my fiance''s finger and what do you know....I stopped worrying.

Once you hear the oohs and ahhs from those who see the ring rest assured all concerns will disappear. Remember, you loved the stone enough to buy it so why stop loving it now.

Good luck!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2005 8:48:49 PM
Author: chantheman
I scrutinized and scrutinized before and after purchasing the e-ring I chose for my fiance. Oddly the more I read on PS the more I worried about the decision I had made. Although I knew in my heart I had chosen a beautiful stone for a fair price, I knew I could have done better.

I ignored the HCA which gave me fantastic results. I ignored the I-Scope images and vendor opinions which were all positive. I ignored my independent appraiser and kept worrying.

Finally the ring assumed its proper place on my fiance''s finger and what do you know....I stopped worrying.

Once you hear the oohs and ahhs from those who see the ring rest assured all concerns will disappear. Remember, you loved the stone enough to buy it so why stop loving it now.

Good luck!
I am obsessing now...the more I read the more I wonder......it makes you crazy...the down side to PS, I guess......

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the funny thing for me is that I did all that scrutiny with my first stone....but I didn't scrutinize the setting when i got it...i guess i just figured hey it looked pretty and also i couldn't really find much when i did figure on staring at the thing.

then after the first stone purchase (which was e-ring), i noticed i got pretty lazy about scrutinizing future stones when i got them. mostly because i got distracted playing with them and taking pictures of the sparkle etc to really look for any imperfections. to this day i still haven't found my H SI stone inclusions, mostly because whenever i actually tried, i got a headache looking into the stone and trying to map things out. nevermind the inclusions, take more pictures!

i think the more purchases you make, the anxiety and stress tends to lessen as well. my last purchase of my new e-ring stone and earrings was so much less stressful than the first e-ring stone...this time i was able to do it on my own with the help of a good friend and a great vendor, and keep the sleepless nights to a minimum. the next stone i get (ering upgrade or earring upgrade) will be done the same way, on my own with the help of a PS friend and my vendor and then the final result will be posted. i look back at my many number of posts during that first purchase and giggle at how insane i sounded half the time. i'm still insane but it's more private now...heee.

in terms of settings and stuff, i figure you wear and tear all over the thing after a month anyway...my setting looks fine most of the time but if i wanted to pick at it im sure I could find a few problems...but when i take it in to be cleaned and they polish it up too, it looks like new and i don't have the need to think it's anything but perfect.
2.gif
i wear my rings like they are meant to be worn, almost all the time and well..and sometimes i do flip out thinking, holy shit i have XYZ $$ on my finger, but they look beautiful and they are fun and life is short!

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
glaucomflecken, if you figure out the antidote to obsessing, please post it so we can all benefit!!!
20.gif

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Talk about obsessing, now i can''t get it off my mind that i need to buy the band that is thinner bye tacori, to go with the Koala set i already ordered, that''s another 3400.00, which i could have saved if I would
have ordered the thinner one originally. But, i don''t feel bad, Im going to live with it
and realize life is short, and I''m going to get what i want.
Your rings will be beautiful, Tacori does do an excellent job.
I know forsure I want the thinner one, because It feels like to much ring on my finger
each time i put the two together that i have now, and I don''t like the look as much
as when the e-ring is alone.
Anyway, I never really knew about this site before purchasing this ering, diamond ,etc..
and it really has helped me. I am much better informed, and not living in the dark about purchasing
diamonds. I was in Baily Banks and Biddle, and I overheard the sales guy trying to sell this guy a diamond.
I heard lies basically, like the CUT doesnt matter,and you should go with a large stone, verses a well cut stone. .... etc.. later i saw the guy in the Mall and told him about this site. He was really thankful for telling him, because he was falling for it hook line and sinker from the Sales clerk. So, being obsessed is ok, it makes us learn more and makes us more knowledgable so we don''t get ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results