carat
color
clarity

How do I price if I can't get comps?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey PSers...

I am thinking of selling my ER. The problem is that I cannot find comps. So I don't really know how to price it. Should I just use a percentage of my purchase price? or....

Its a .797 I VS2 Whiteflash ACA in then Legato Sleekline. I tried looking for other ACA or even Brian Gavin Signatures which are the equivalent right? Cant find anything in this size and color etc..

Also for the experienced sellers. Should I just sell on my own with paypal and loupe troop (what I usually do) or should I do consignment with someone?

Thoughts?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just call WF. Tell them you want to list it for sale. Ask them what they would value the stone at right now. See if they give you a price. Then list it for a percentage of that. I am sure they will help you.

This is a pretty good comp though: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3635938.htm It's an Si1. But it's also 80 points. So that balances out. I would expect your stone to retail close to that price. It's not eyeclean though. So maybe around 3400 for yours.

You can also look at JA and GOG at their top lines. And that would round out what your research for market price.

After that it's just a matter of listing it.

I would definitely try it on LT or DB first. Explore other options if it doesn't sell there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try to sell on your own first and list it as a percentage of what you paid making it clear to the potential buyers what they are saving from your original purchase price. You know how buyers enjoy getting a "deal" and you have nothing to lose to list it yourself first. Going through a vendor will increase the cost quite a lot and perhaps hurt your chances at a quicker and more profitable for you sale. Good luck!!!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before listing it yourself, how about first contacting Whiteflash to see if they would buy the ACA back, and if so, at what price? I wouldn't let the fact that you are beyond their guaranteed buy-back period of 1 year deter you from making the call/shooting them an e-mail; they invite customers in your shoes to do that:
http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/whiteflash-policies/oneyear-buy-back-policy.htm

Its designation as an AGS-A Cut Above means more to WF, you, and PSers than it does with the general public. So that's why I'm thinking you might fare as well, if not better, with a WF buy-back as you would selling it on your own.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the suggestions! I appreciate it. I will start with Whiteflash and see what they say. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results