shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I learn to love my white diamond?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
natascha|1315947891|3016781 said:
Circe- It would be amazing if they could just thin out the bezel. Do you think that would be enough for my OMC? My diamond is actually pretty shallow for a OMC, still has the really high crown. I think that in the old setting it was getting a lot of light from the pavilion maybe. http://www.etsy.com/listing/71703431/reserved-for-nataschaniklas A you can see the bezel is quite thick covering a lot of the diamond, underneath it's the same story, lots of metal. I also love fluorescence, when I bought this diamond they said it did not have any but out in the sun it glows blue sometimes. I need to get a black-light :sun: . Your recommendation is great, I think that what I need to do.
Your husband is from Sweden but you don't live here, right? Feels great that someone has had the same experience. Have you ever met someone in Sweden with the same size diamond as yours?

I think it should be enough to thin out the bezel: I can't remember, does your setting have an open gallery? Another way to let a little light in if thinning the bezel doesn't work would be to ask your jeweler to pierce out the gallery to provide some light to enter through the pavilion.

And, yep! We visit twice a year, summer and winter, but we're in NY most of the time. I've never gotten a nasty comment, but there's a lot of ... innocent wonderment, I guess, for lack of a better term? Sort of like, you're wearing a WHAT? Can I SEE? The closest I ever came to disapproval was from a pretty lady wearing a half-carat Tiffany etoile who very seriously explained that she and her husband had chosen to go for quality over quantity ... but she was still thinking of upgrading. I kind of got the feeling she had mixed emotions about the whole thing.

And, no, never a fellow bling-lover. If you're around Gothenburg, next time I visit, we should try to do a Swedish GTG!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I officially have an appointment with my jeweler to talk about my e-ring :errrr: tomorrow. I am going to ask if it is possible to fix the most glaring problems and if not how much would a new setting be. So what can't I forget to say? Maybe I should make a list?

I feel so incredibly stupid. Why did I not go with him from the beginning? I was considering him very seriously but I wanted to see CADs since I thought that that way there would be no surprises. Embarrassing thing is that I went there today to order my new earnings and quickly asked about my e-ring. He just looked at it quickly and said, it's such a shame and that it does not look like my inspiration picture. He also commented upon that hand made is much better for this kind of work. I can't believe he remembered me and my ring, kind of embarrassing. What do you guys do if you have asked for a quote and then gone with another vendor but then come back/ or have a new project?

I also saw the ring that I had fallen in love with but that Daniel had said he could not replicate. It is just so amazing. A double halo surrounding an oval ruby. The outer halo is made up of 1 pointers bezeled and milgrained with two pointers in the corners. The gallery is made of amazing filigree work and the shank is plain and deliciously swoopy. The pictures are really bad ones from a mobil phone taken in December.

Halo3.JPG

Halo2.JPG

Halo1.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
natascha|1316624632|3022219 said:
I officially have an appointment with my jeweler to talk about my e-ring :errrr: tomorrow. I am going to ask if it is possible to fix the most glaring problems and if not how much would a new setting be. So what can't I forget to say? Maybe I should make a list?

I feel so incredibly stupid. Why did I not go with him from the beginning? I was considering him very seriously but I wanted to see CADs since I thought that that way there would be no surprises. Embarrassing thing is that I went there today to order my new earnings and quickly asked about my e-ring. He just looked at it quickly and said, it's such a shame and that it does not look like my inspiration picture. He also commented upon that hand made is much better for this kind of work. I can't believe he remembered me and my ring, kind of embarrassing. What do you guys do if you have asked for a quote and then gone with another vendor but then come back/ or have a new project?

I also saw the ring that I had fallen in love with but that Daniel had said he could not replicate. It is just so amazing. A double halo surrounding an oval ruby. The outer halo is made up of 1 pointers bezeled and milgrained with two pointers in the corners. The gallery is made of amazing filigree work and the shank is plain and deliciously swoopy. The pictures are really bad ones from a mobil phone taken in December.

Oh, I LOVE that graduated outer halo! Wonder if he could just replicate THAT bit ....

As for the etiquette issue ... honestly, I don't worry about it. At the end of the day, it's just business. I figure, if I don't take it personally if my students don't take MY suggestions ... why would my jeweler take it personally if I didn't take HIS? He'll still earn his money on the repair and/or redo, AND improve his reputation to boot. No skin off his nose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results