shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I give her a propsal to remember?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Woodrow27

Rough_Rock
I just bought my girlfriend a ring...I''m thinking about giving it to her on christmas but it don''t want to wait that long.. So I am considering giving it to her while we are decorating the christmas tree... like handing her the orniments and after a few minutes handing her the ring.... Please give me some advise or different ideas.. Thank you.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oh!! That would be so sweet!! How about this: You tie a little ribbon (tied in a bow so you can easily get the ribbon off!) to the ring, so it kinda looks like an ornament, and go with your plan! I think that would be awesome!! Or you could tie a ribbon onto the ring box (in a loop around the hinged side, bow inside the box so it''s a loop outside - make sense???) Just don''t forget to actually ask her to marry you!

Woodrow27

Rough_Rock

Yeah thats a really good idea...Now I just have to build up my courage to ask her dad.

Woodrow27

Rough_Rock
if anyone else has any other ideas please let me know.

well that is interesting, cos I had this Christmas-related proposal idea this afternoon that I think is pretty nice

9.gif
why not make your own advent calender for her? put love notes and messages behind each door, and behind one of the doors she will find her e-ring - just make sure you are there when she opens it!
9.gif

good luck whatever you decide

21.gif

Woodrow27

Rough_Rock
I like that idea also.. but the problem with that is she works full time and goes to school full time so there is no telling what time she is coming home.. I never know what time she will be home on any day, her scheduale is always changing.
19.gif

I know exactly what you mean, I am working upto 34 hrs a week to pay for the ring, and I have school. it does leave you with little time. you should certainly go with the whilst putting up the decorations idea, it will be something very special and romantic and something you will be able to remember every year as the decorations go up

I wish you the best of luck, may you have a perfect proposal, a merry Christmas, and a very happy new year

edited to add: and as jcjd said, make sure you remember to get down on one knee and actually ask her to marry you, good luck!

Woodrow27

Rough_Rock

I think I am just a little too nervouse that she would have wanted me to ask her a different way...I want it to be perfect for her... I just bought the ring yesterday...and I am going to have to work some major overtime to afford this one... its more than double the price I was looking to spend.. but she is worth it....

You have a merry christmas also....Thank You.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

You could hang it on the tree and tell her that you bought her an ornament, and that it''s on the tree, but she has to find it..

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s a great way to propose! Unexpected, because if she suspects she''ll be expecting it at Christmas, but done during a "traditional" time (decorating the tree!) and if you''re anything like my family, we make an affair out of it...Christmas music, candles, Russian Tea, the whole song and dance. And then just as she''s getting in the Christmas spirit....BAM! Merry Christmas, honey! CUTE!!
36.gif

As it''s been said, make sure you don''t forget to actually ASK her!!
2.gif

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
I would say definately get it done a week or two before Christmas so that you can share the good news at all the family gatherings that happen around the 25th.

Good luck. I like the idea of handing it to her while decorating the tree.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to chime in and say ditto on JCJD''s idea of the ornament handing thing! that is sooo sweet!

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I like that ornament hanging idea. You could also get a ornament to mark the event. Like something that says, your Last name (assuming she is taking it) and like first christmas. That way, every year, when you hang that ornament up, you relive the moment.

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
I like the ornament idea. Maybe be down on one knee picking out the ornaments and handing them up to her to put on the tree. Then after most of them are up there, kneel down and hand her the ring. That way the kneeling won''t be a dead giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results