shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I get him to propose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

givemediamonds

Rough_Rock
hey all,

My b-friend and I have been together for 2 years. We picke out and bought a ring a few months ago and I''''ve been waiting for him to pop the question. He constantly tells me he''''s ready and wants to marry me but has yet to propose. I don''''t get it....anybody have some advice?

We currently live together and I kinda feel like he''''s got it all while there is not commitment. Whats the deal?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
He boughti t already? Maybehe''s trying to add the element of suprise since you were involved in the buying process?

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
One thing I''ve learned is to not sweat it.
2.gif
My h2b and I were together for almost five and a half years before he finally proposed. He was ready after the first year together...but I learned that the one thing he hates is to be pushed. Patience is the key..as hard as that may be. You have already picked out the ring together and you know he has it..I''m sure he''s waiting for the right moment. Is there a certain date coming up? Birthday, anniversary, the holidays? Just curious. Now that WE are finally engaged...there''s no telling when we''ll get married. I joke to everyone that it''ll be another five years even though that''s not true
2.gif

Even though I know its the hardest thing in the world to do right now...I would just try to relax. This is a momentous moment in your lives together. Its a big step and he''s already taken the first step by getting the ring. Ok..I''m beginning to ramble on a bit. Hope this helps
1.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I would just try to be patient for a little while longer. You live together, he has the ring, he IS committed to you! Now, it could be that he is experiencing some cold feet, but more than likely he is just trying to find the perfect time.

I know someone who basically coerced her boyfriend into proposing, and that set the tone for their whole marriage (her telling him what to do). You want him to feel like he is surprising you, not placating you.

My fiance and I had been together 5+ years when he proposed. I had a date in my head (April of 2005) after which I wouldn''t wait for him any longer. And I didn''t say that we had to be engaged or married at that point, just moving in that direction (and we''ll be married four months before then). Up until that point, I was doing my best just to be patient and easy going (instead of yelling, "Are we EVER going to get married??!!" like I wanted to). And it was really sweet, because he decided all on his own that he was ready to pop the question and waited until we went to Paris. Even though we both knew he was going to propose, it was a great moment. All the waiting made it more special. It was the only time I''ve ever cried from happiness.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Givemediamonds-
I feel your angst! But, I think the fact that he has already PURCHASED the ring is as good a sign as any that the big day is approaching.
Honestly, I would give it until after New Year''s before you start taking drastic measures! Guys love the whole Xmas Even, Xmas Day, and especially New Year''s Eve opps to propose.
They honestly don''t understand how much torture it is for us to wait.
Hang in there!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Go to the "Show me the ring" forum & find the "Anxious to get the E-ring" thread. You will find over 30 pages & a merry band of ladies in waiting to comiserate with.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Hey... at least you guys already bought a ring togther! That tells you alot. Good thing you didn''t go thru what i went thru w/ my bf (now a 8-day-old-fiance). For 2-3 years, this guy couldn''t even say the word engage or marriage. He has always danced around these 2 topics until he popped the big question and shock the heck out of me!! At times, in the past, i didn''t know how to take his odd sense of humor. But i knew he''s got the biggest heart and so much love to share. I didn''t let his oldd humor get to me. I kept my faith. When he knows he wants to marry me... i''ll be the FIRST to know! Now we are having a blast sharing the news w/ everyone!!
36.gif
36.gif

I think your bf may be planning something special for your proposal or simply waiting for the right moment and place to POP the big Q. Give him time... he''ll do it soon.
37.gif

givemediamonds

Rough_Rock

Sorry girls,

I''ve been a very busy girl for the past two weeks...and yes he finally asked me!!!!! It was absolutely amazing. I will have to take pictures of the ring (once I finally get a digital - i''m stuck in the stong ages). Its a .96 carat marquise. I don''t know all the specs so I can''t post them...more details later. I can''t believe how much I stressed about it and he asked me when I least expected it....waiting for the bus in the morning.

OK, well as soon as I can get some $$$$ I plan on getting a digital, so I can take pictures of the WHOLE wedding process. Hope everyone is doing well and thanks plenty for your responses!

CJ (soone to be CM)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results