shape
carat
color
clarity

How do i ask -4- her blessing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

paliquito

Rough_Rock
I''m one step away from the final proposal, I have yet to ask her parents for their blessings. This is going to be difficult because...both parents are currently separated. Unfortunately, her mother has been going thru some hard times, which is causing problems in the "mother-daughter" relationship. At times they get along well than a few days later it is back to square one again. My GF''s father has his issues to, but I can say she seems to get along with her father better than her mother. I''ve only met her father once, and the conversation went well. Her mother on the other hand really loves me, and has mentioned to my GF not to "let this one go". HOW DO I GO ABOUT ASKING FOR HER PARENTS BLESSINGS? I worry that if I mention to her that I''m going to marry his daughter in about a week, he will slip and blurt out the news.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
I just asked my gf''s mom and stepfather this past weekend (I''m proposing in a month). It''s natural to worry a little about it slipping out but you basically just have to trust them. Go ahead and ask for their blessing, let them know that you''re talking to them in advance out of respect, and that you ask them not to say anything until after you''ve proposed. It''s certainly not an unreasonable request by any means.

I''m sure they''ll understand the sensitivity of the info you just divulged to them, I doubt they''ll have a problem keeping quiet. Plus it''s only a week. You''ll be fine. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results