shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you include your hotel information on your Save-The-Dates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Hello, everyone!!!

I am trying to figure out how to include the hotel information for our wedding. I am doing the photostrip type save the date but thought I would include a bookmark-type hotel information card for guests since most of our guest will be from out of town.

But I am stumped on two things. 1) The look of it (I''m not married to the bookmark idea) and 2) the wording.

Can anyone help? I''d love to get some feedback on this! Pictures of yours would be helpful too!
emembarrassed.gif

Thanks!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
since nearly all of our guests were OOTers, i put hotel info in the invites. i made a booklet style invite. one page consisted of a map showing the church, reception site and blocked hotel. another page had the hotel info. we only blocked rooms at one hotel, but we included a couple of other hotel options. here''s the wording i used for that page:

Hotel Accommodations

Rooms have been reserved at the
Hotel Name | Hotel Number
Hotel Address | City, State Zip

--

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Our STDs were pretty small (postcard size) witha picture on the front, the address on the back and just half of the backside to do info on.
we tried to squeeze on hotel info, but it just looked too cramped. instead, we said, "please visit our website for further details and hotel information." and then the website address. even though we have some elderly people coming to the wedding, we haven''t had any problems with this so far and the hotels are really filling up quickly (so far we''ve had to add 2 additional blocks of 10 rooms!).

good luck!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
We put our website address on the Save the Dates, and then all the accomodations info on the website... we will have a fair amount of out-of-towners, so that allowed us to put all that info in one spot... hotels, restaurants, driving directions, local activities, etc.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 6:29:16 PM
Author: ephemery1
We put our website address on the Save the Dates, and then all the accomodations info on the website... we will have a fair amount of out-of-towners, so that allowed us to put all that info in one spot... hotels, restaurants, driving directions, local activities, etc.

That''s what we did too. Just put a link to our wedding website on the STD cards.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My mom handled our STDs, because I really didn't want to do it but didn't care if she did (that sounds so strange, Mom and STDs in the same sentence). She wrote a nice letter to OOTers and included the info in it. But ours was a pretty informal affair and it sounds like yours will be more formal.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I made a second, slightly smaller card to include with the STDs that had hotel info on it. The STD also had our wedding website listed, so either one did the trick. Just make a card that fits your envelope and/or list it on your website if you have one.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
We didn''t do STDs, but sent hotel information in the invitations of out of towners- here''s the card:

47b6da36b3127cce889414594bb800000015102BYuGTZwyYw

I designed them myself and printed them on chartreuse cardstock from papersource.com

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
you can do it right on the STD or on a separate card

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
and you are "supposed" to include all that info on the STDs not just the link to the website with the info

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
for my son''s bar mitzvah save the date, sent to the OOT guests, I had three cards in a pocket style piece of paper. Each piece was taller than the next so you saw all three titles on the cards and could pull out the one you wanted to see. One stated ACCOMODATIONS at the top and the wording was something like

(centered on the card)

A block of rooms has been reservered at the following local hotels. Special rates were given to our guests.

Blank hotel ($), is a larger chain hotel and is located near shopping and other attractions. Go to www.blank.com for more detailed information.

Blank hotel ($$), is a smaller boutique hotel a bit farther from the weekend festivities. Go to www.blank.com for more information.

Please mention the Blank event for the special rate. Rooms will be held for our guests until 11/11/11.

(you get the general idea, I wanted to give people choices, and of course they could feel free to contact us or the place for more info in making a choice...)

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all!! You all gave great information and thoughts. We had decided to put the website on the STDs anyway. But many of the OOTs are older and are not computer savy. So my mom has requested that this not be the only option.

I love yours, Molly1024! Very classy and simple! I also love the book style invite idea, jcrow.

I am probably going to stick with the bookmark style using the information styles that Molly1024, jcrow and diamond fan suggested. I agree that there should be a separate card.

When they're done, I can't wait to show you all!! Thanks again!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We printed out hotel info on the BACK of out STDs. They are posted on here somewhere.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m just wondering, but when you book a hotel for your wedding guests is it actually YOU that is paying for their room, or do you just reserve the room and they pay for it themselves?

I don''t think I''m going to have that problem since my reception site is going to be at a lake house which has 14 bedrooms. But if I have to get a hotel for the remainder of the guests, how much do you think that would be?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Usually, you reserve, they pay. The "deal" they get is that there is usually a discount if you have a certain number of accomodations purchased. It''s like a "group rate" kind of thing, but only if you reserve so your out of towners can benefit. For our wedding, we reserved at only one hotel, but listed three, so there were options depending on how much money guests wanted to spend.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
lucky,

Most hotels, especially chains and your venue if you have your reception at a hotel, will allow you to block a certain amount of rooms for X amount of time at no cost. All reservations made by your guests during that time will be chared a certain pre-arranged rate. Once X date passes they release the rooms and the special rates are no longer available to your guests. I''ve only heard of hotels requesting credit card deposits once, it was in a thread here, and most people said go to another hotel, that''s not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results