shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you choose your wedding Videographer?

Daniel S.

Rough_Rock
How did you choose your wedding videographer? Most videographer websites I've visited ( for Chicago) have sample videos that look no better than a video my father could take.
A few others video vendors ( more expensive, but that's ok) attempt to offer a particular video style; reality tv, in the background & unnoticed, antique/film real video, Hollywood movie/trailer style, as intimate as possible and in the face of the bride & groom, etc.

Did you choose your videographer did you look for one who filmed or created a particular style of video? Was the video to your liking? What characteristics were a must for your wedding videographer?

Any input or experiences with your wedding videographer are greatly appreciated.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited to give input on this because I just chose my videographer! I had put in the budget as an "if I can afford it" type thing. Once I started thinking about it, I knew I would want to have the day documented in video. So began the search. I too see a clear difference in the cheaper, non artistic approach and then the more expensive "artsy" approach. I chose to go more of the artsy direction, but I found one who I thought had a style that was creative, but will stay classy forever. I knew that I wanted a videographer who was creative enough to make the video speacial an unique, but kept the main focus on the wedding and not making it an oscar worthy film. It sounds corny, but when I watched their video online I knew I wanted them to catpture my day. I would advise not to go with someone who is trying to make the video too trendy because in 20 years it will only look outdated. Pay attention to the quality of video AND sound. You want to make sure you can hear those vows! You will also want to feel confortable around them. They are going to be following you around like a paparazzi for the day so you better like them :) Mine were about middle of the road in pricing. I met with one who was probably "better" but he was $1000 more. I felt like the ones I chose were great enough that it would be silly to spend that much more for someone else, even if the video may come out a little better. At the end of the day, you just want someone who will capture the day with crisp, clean video so you can watch it over and over again. Sorry, I kind of rambled, but I hope that helped!!

Daniel S.

Rough_Rock
getting excited|1290201266|2773333 said:
I am so excited to give input on this because I just chose my videographer! I had put in the budget as an "if I can afford it" type thing. Once I started thinking about it, I knew I would want to have the day documented in video. So began the search. I too see a clear difference in the cheaper, non artistic approach and then the more expensive "artsy" approach. I chose to go more of the artsy direction, but I found one who I thought had a style that was creative, but will stay classy forever. I knew that I wanted a videographer who was creative enough to make the video speacial an unique, but kept the main focus on the wedding and not making it an oscar worthy film. It sounds corny, but when I watched their video online I knew I wanted them to catpture my day. I would advise not to go with someone who is trying to make the video too trendy because in 20 years it will only look outdated. Pay attention to the quality of video AND sound. You want to make sure you can hear those vows! You will also want to feel confortable around them. They are going to be following you around like a paparazzi for the day so you better like them :) Mine were about middle of the road in pricing. I met with one who was probably "better" but he was $1000 more. I felt like the ones I chose were great enough that it would be silly to spend that much more for someone else, even if the video may come out a little better. At the end of the day, you just want someone who will capture the day with crisp, clean video so you can watch it over and over again. Sorry, I kind of rambled, but I hope that helped!!

Getting Excited, thank you for sharing your experience with choosing your wedding photographer. You made some good points, one of which being to capture the vows in the video. One major difference I have seen is that some videographers stand back, while others get very up close and personal. I would prefer they be as close and personal as possible!

Do you have a link to your particular videographer's website? I'd love to see the sample video that captured you!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Google Side by Side video in San Diego. They are great!! Good luck and I hope you find one that you love!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results