shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you ask your MOH/BM''s to be in your wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering how you girls went about asking your maid of honor and bridesmaids to be in your wedding? Did you do anything creative, make something, send something, etc.? Or did you just ask them face-to-face or on the phone if you did not live in the same city?

I am only having a maid of honor (at that''s what we think we are doing!), and was trying to think of something cute to do to ask my best friend. We live about 3 1/2 hours apart now, so it''s not very easy to do things in person, not to mention, she is in a long distance relationship and is usually gone on weekends.

If you did anything creative or unique, I''d love to hear about it and see pics if you have any! Thanks!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a piece of thick black paper, folded it like a card, wrote her name on the outside in silver ink, and on the inside wrote: "You're already my best friend, will you please be my maid of honor?"

And it just about made her cry. She got all teary and everything.

Sucker.

3.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, that''s very sweet! Mind if I "borrow" that line or something like it??

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
My story is pretty funny, the day we got engaged we went out to celebrate with some friends and my best friend was there and my Fiance'' quietly asked me if I was still planning on having her be my MOH and I said yes. Well then he walks over and puts his arm around her and told her he was so happy that she was going to be my MOH!!!! I could have killed him! She looks over at me and was almost in tears saying "really" Are you sure?? And I just said yes, if you would but that wasn''t how I was planning on asking her! My darling Fiance'' doesn''t understand all the things us Women like to do or think that is special! So most of the other girls I just asked in person or over the phone since they were all over California.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to do something special. but I''m the first one to get married out of the group... we''re a tight group of friends, they actually all asked me when we could go try on dresses. it was cute...they all knew they were bridesmaids. the choosing of the MOH was another story. we still have issues. I tell them they are all bridesmaids of honor, because they each mean the same thing to me! but I had to designate one to walk with the best man, for the church and a contact for the dress shop!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go for it Magsy!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I asked the girls in town in person :) For my sisters I put together a mini photo album of pics of us growing up and then at the end i wrote "I had so much fun being in your wedding, would you please be a bridesmaid in mine?" or something along those lines..

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I asked my girls separately in person first. Then I sent them cards, just to make it official and special. If you go to ebay and type in the search "will you be my bridesmaid" you will get loads of lovely handmade cards.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i haven''t finalized my bridesmaid''s yet but i ran across this DIY card project that is sooo cute. diy be my bridesmaid card

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I hand made cards and put a little poem in each of them asking the girls to be in the wedding. They were very appreciative of the personal gesture.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions!! I'm debating doing a cute/creative card and just mailing it, and then having her open it and be surprised, and then hopefully call and say yes
1.gif
or whether to just do it over the phone...

Smurfy: I love your idea of the picture album. My future MOH and I have been friends since the 6th grade, so I might try to put together a cute mini-album of us over the years!

Porridge: I will definitely check out ebay, thanks for the tip!

Lulu: How CUTE is that link?! OMG, I almost wish I had multiple attendants now so I could do it!!

Thanks again girls, I knew I'd get some inspiration from you all!! I'll post a pic when I get there, which I should be soon I guess!

mrm

Shiny_Rock
I put a picture of my fiance and I on M&Ms. Than the backs had one of three says: Our wedding date, "Will you be my..." and "Bridesmaid" (except for my sister''s which read Maid of Honor :). Then I put them in little jars, included a note and mailed them out. My bridesmaids live all over the country so it would have been difficult to ask in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results