shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you ask your ladies to be bridesmaids?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recently decided to add a bridesmaid, so I''ll have 2 total. I haven''t "asked" either of them yet. One of them lives near me and the other across the country.

Did you ask yours in a cute way? Or just flat-out ask them?

I''m actually nervous!
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I asked over e-mail and, well, I felt really funny about the whole thing, because I definitely DO NOT want anyone to feel like they ''have'' to do stuff for me, throw me parties, run errands for me, and I definitely don''t want my close friends to wear the same thing to my wedding. Plus, my closest friends and sister are scattered across continents. So I sent each one (4 BM''s, 2 MOH''s) an e-mail that said ''Will you be my ''fake bridesmaid''?'' and explained that that came with no duties or outfit, except to hang out with me on ''the day,'' zip me up, and maybe give me a shot of something strong to drink before the aisle walk.

I asked the two ''fake MOH''s'' (mis sis and my bf) if they''d process / stand up there with me too and they said yes.

But I recently realized that I should have asked my sister-in-law (they''re not really married, but they''ve been living together for 10 years) as well, so as not to hurt her feelings, only 7 is unwieldy, and what exactly am I ''asking her''? To hang out? But she''d rather be with my brother than a bunch of strangers anyway.

So complicated!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to use this cute cookie to ask...

Cookie

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i just asked. no real hoopla (i thought). i was about to make the move to california from my home town in florida and my mom had a family dinner for me before i left and i invited a couple girlfriends. then i''m sitting at the table after dinner and realize i am sitting alone with my bridal party - seemed perfect, so i just asked! i said, "well.. while we''re all together i would like to ask you to be my bridesmaids, and Whitney to be my MOH"

that was about it.

but then... squeeling and hugs ensued and then EVERYONE wanted to know what just happened and then my mom started crying! oy-vey! and then we had to take group pictures! sheesh! guess thats what happens when you get married young -- everyones so darn excitable!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 11:13:20 PM
Author: MMM

guess thats what happens when you get married young -- everyones so darn excitable!!
It''s so funny that you say that, I feel the opposite! People are excited, but no one really seems to know how things work, which comes off as disinterest. Or maybe all my friends are just jaded
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just called them, they were all OOT and in various locations around the midwest, so it wouldn''t have made sense for me to travel to each of them and ask or have them convene at their own expense just so I could ask in a cute way or whatever. But I love the idea of asking in a fun way, there are tons of great ideas here on PS!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I gave/sent them cards and I included the basic info (date, location, color scheme) and promised them no butt bows! It worked well and they all kept their cards! I''ve seen them on display at a few houses.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I technically asked all my ''maids awhile before - none of them live close, so I had asked at the times when I saw them in person around the time DH and I started seriously talking about weddings and picking out our rings. A few weeks after the ring was on my finger, I went to my parents'' house and raided old photographs and made a little 10 page album for each of them (at the time, the Target "dollar spot" had little photo albums in my wedding colors). On the last page, I wrote a note to each friend to say why I''d be honored if she was standing next to me on our wedding day. The ladies all received them in the mail as a surprise. I''m really glad I did it - all of them mentioned how nice it was to be asked in such a heartfelt way - and it felt really good to be able to put together our "histories" and take a moment to appreciate our friendship.

Another cute way to ask - one of my friends was a bridesmaid in a Christmastime wedding, and the bride made all of her attendants-to-be a plate of Christmas cookies (I think it was April or July or something - so Christmas cookies were "out of season" and definitely a fun surprise) with a note that asked her to be her BM. Love that one.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elmorton, I LOVE the album idea! I''ve been reading about different cute ways, but nothing struck a chord with me until this one. Would be especially meaningful for my across-the-country cousin, who is 10 years older and had me as a BM when I was 14. Lotsa history there
1.gif

Thank you so much for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results