shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you ask bridesmaids?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pretty good idea who I'll be asking to be my bridesmaids and MOH....

My question is do ya'll have any cute ways to ask or how you asked? For the groomsman it's easy you just ask, but I know some brides ask their BM's in cute creative ways.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I bought some cute cards and wrote personalized notes telling them what I valued about them and why I wanted them to be in the wedding and asked "will you be my bridesmaid?" Made a couple of them cry, but they were happy. Since I already have the venue and date I put that in there too, as well as ribbons in the colors I picked so they would already know they wouldn''t be having to wear some ghastly color. It got them pretty excited about it.

I''ve seen people make picture frames or flower arrangements, but I had to do something that could also be easily mailed. And just fyi, none of them expected a formal invitation... they were sort of surprised. Pleasantly, and I''m glad I did it, but it''s certainly not a requirement.

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
One of my friends called me up and something to this effect, "I know it can be a pain, but would you consider being my bridesmaid?" I said yes immediately was so excited.

Another friend wrote a lovely and touching card on how much it''d mean to her if I was a bridesmaid in her wedding.

just wanted to share. =)

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
One of my friends just asked me outright on the phone one day. Another sent me a dozen red roses asking if I would be her bridesmaid. For mine, I got each a cute Coach wristlet and stuck a card inside. The other idea I had was to give each a Starbucks gift card for $50 or so, saying that should last them through the planning phase!
1.gif

ETA -- My MOH had been lusting after this Free People hoodie with little lobsters on it, but couldn't justify spending $100 on a sweatshirt. So I bought it for her with a note that said "Will you help unite me with my lobster?" (Friends reference, for those of you who didn't watch.) Fun and unique, and she loved it.
9.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Just recently I was asked the night of the engagement when my best friend called to tell me she was engaged. If I remember correctly her first words when i answered the phone were "will you be in my wedding?" Then a couple of months later we had a conversation and she asked me again, because she felt she was caught up in the moment initially and wanted to make sure I was on board.

I have been a bridesmaid in three other weddings and in each case I was called on the telephone (as the bride was out-of-state) or asked in person. I kind of like the idea of the cards though. I would be touched to receive a printed card from a friend or relative asking me formally to stand up for her.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
To ask my maid of honor, I bought a blank card with a long sequined purple dress in front. Inside I wrote: "I was thinking of this as a dress for the maid of honor, but if you don''t like it, we can go find you something else."

I gave it to her when we were back home visiting our venue and she was driving us around and checking things out with me and my hubby. She read the card, took a minute to process what I meant, and started crying and laughing at the same time. It was a very sweet moment.

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
I wrote a poem for my 3 bridesmaids, and tweaked it up a bit for my MOH, using her name to rhyme instead of Maid of Honor (I couldn't find a word that would rhyme with that). I printed it on pink card stock and used double sided tape to put on top of red card stock going along with my color scheme of the wedding. I also bought them all the book The Bridesmaid Guide by Kate Chynoweth and Neryl Walker - a very cute and witty book.

I took them all out to a sushi restaurant at the same time, since they already knew that I wanted them to be in the wedding. So we had a girls' night out, and I gave them the book and poem. They loved it and thought it was very thoughtful!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I got so excited that I just called them and asked most of them right after I told them I was engaged - DH and I had discussed who we might want on our bridal party before we were engaged, so I knew who I wanted to ask already... although DH was still miffed that we didn''t confirm everything before I asked. oops.

THen I saw all these cute ideas to ask BM, like cards, or whatever, and I got sad I never did that... but oh well!

JessaJS

Rough_Rock
I haven''t done an official "asking" yet, but I did see this story on a Knot Bio - pretty funny:

Asking the Bridesmaids: When I decided on my bridal party, I wanted to make asking them a really fun and unique experience!
So, I went on Ebay and found the UGLIEST dresses I could find, wrapped them up beautifully,
attached a card with a touching note to each girl, and then I said
"I hope you don''t mind, but I''ve already picked out your dresses" IT WAS HYSTERICAL!!!!!

Pictures in the bio of all the ladies wearing their hideous dresses. I think I may have to go this route, too funny!!

http://talk.theknot.com/BOARDS/User/Profile.aspx?UserID=90002

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Thx a lot ladies!!! I really think the card thing is super sweet and something they can keep for memories.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Once the date and venue are officially confirmed, which should be sometime this coming fall, I''m thinking about taking my sister to lunch and give her a card to ask her to be my MOH, and doing the same to ask my best friend to be my BM, separately.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results