shape
carat
color
clarity

How did I do???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FreshieMedia

Rough_Rock
Just bought my engagement stone. Here are the specs:

Shape: Round Brilliant
Size: 1.04ct
Color: D
Clarity: SI2
Table: 55% (Ideal)
Depth: 61% (Premier?)
Girdle: Very Thin
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Flouresence: None
Certification: HRD

Price: $4,600

The inclusions are small to medium size, but there are only two of them and they are on the bottom side. Color and cut were absolutely breathtaking, stopped me in my tracks and I saw 20+ diamonds that day. Bottom line is I am happy with my purchase, just want to see how I fared money-wise. TIA!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
FreshieMedia, welcome to the forum
1.gif

Price sounds reasonable. Enjoy your diamond!
1.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,
If you live in the u.s.a h.r.d certs, are not as acceptable as the g.i.a, e.g.l, or i.g.i.
That means that in the future if you decide to Sell or upgrade your diamond you will have a hard time getting a high price for itas most jewelers will have to resubmit the stone to one of the above labs. there is always the chance that it might not be the same color or clarity.
read.gif

good luck
1.gif

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like you love it - so you did great!

Congratulations on finding your diamond!!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Freshie!
Congrats! You got a VERY nice diamond, at a very good price, graded by possibly the very best las on the world. You definitely did a good job!!!

Diamondsman... I hope you're joking... Yes, maybe HRD is a little bit less known, but I would buy an HRD stone over an EGL NY one every day.
HRD is EXTREMELY consistent and somewhat stricter than GIA, especially on color -- they usually are one grade stricter than GIA-- and they are VERY hard on finish grade too.
-----------
That means that in the future if you decide to Sell or upgrade your diamond you will have a hard time getting a high price for itas most jewelers will have to resubmit the stone to one of the above labs. there is always the chance that it might not be the same color or clarity
-----------
Yes, you're right. Generally speaking (Very generally)you'd get a D SI 1++ from EGL NY(although I've seen some SI 2s rated as VS), D SI 2 from GIA, D VS 2 or SI 1 from IGI NY. If graded on Monday morning, maybe a bit better
9.gif
Also, there will be less differences because the stone has been graded as D, so it cannot get any better.
If a jeweler wants to submit it again, it's only because he wants to get better grades. Also, HRD reports have all %'s (even though they are rounded to the nearest 0.5%), so that's definitely a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results