shape
carat
color
clarity

How cute is this???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so getting one of these for our wedding! Isn''t it adorable? Your guests sign it, you take it home, and bake it to make the siggys stay on! You can also purchase a stand to display in your home!
28.gif
I want one!

here''s the website. They have all different styles and shapes.

http://www.celebrationplates.com/wedding.html

celebrationplate.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
That''s really cute! Are you going to use it in place of a guest book?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute - a friend of mine did that at her bridal shower and it was really neat!

psaddict

Shiny_Rock
That is a really cute idea! I like it! but $75-$150 for a plate plus $18-$24 for a wire stand seems a little steep! lol! I''ve seen some wedding gowns I like in that price range! maybe there''s a cheaper one on another website somewhere!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie: Maybe I spoke to soon. While I would really like to get one of these, PSaddict is right, the price is a bit steep. I haven't completely made up my mind on getting it or not yet. I want to research for cheaper alternatives before I spend that amount of money on it. But if I do end up purchasing one, I think I would use it in place of a guest book.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple of signature platters that are less than $40:

Signature Platters

ETA: Hmm...it looks as though the blue/green designs come on the plate? I figured that was just a design you can add. I'll keep looking :D

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That is a bit steep, although it''s such a cute idea! I''m sure there''s a cheaper alternative...it doesn''t look that hard to make (i.e. find a cute piece and have someone skilled paint the design on it) but since you''re mentioning guest books, I was at a wedding this weekend where the bride and groom had little 4x6 pieces of paper with different designs on them...they put a bunch of different colored craft markers on the table with the papers and each guest wrote a little message on a piece of paper. They put all of the messages in a photo album. Definitely much cheaper, but the concept was really cute!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I've found several different websites that have slightly cheaper versions, none that I like quite as much though.

I found a plate like the one shown, which I think would be just as cute to display in our home while having a normal "guest book" at the wedding.

cuteplate.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
My sister owns a paint-your-own pottery studio and helps customers make these all the time (and of course, she had one at her bridal shower, her wedding, and her baby shower!)

Check to see if there are any studios in your area. Then you could choose the exact size and shape plate you want. It still won't be cheap, but it would be neat to know that you did it yourself. Price it out and see if it would be worth it for you. Don't worry if you are a little artistically challenged...I'm sure you could get an employee to give you a little help. Or, you could probably arrange to have someone at the studio make it for you for a fee. It might still be less than $70.

Good Luck! And show us pics of what you end up with!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results