carat
color
clarity

How could I lose a Ruby ???

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh,
driving myself batty searching searching searching.
how can I lose a ruby, in its gem jar, somewhere in the house?
It lives alongside its sister in the gem jar storage box.
I remember taking it out and trying it “over” another ring thinking maybe I’ll speak to my jeweller about putting a new head in and putting the ruby in the setting.
that was probably 2 months ago, before I could get into my jewellers I took a tumble and broke two ribs so wasn’t going anywhere.
Over Easter I thought, yes, I must get my engagement ring re dipped, the halo diamond that I knocked out from my sapphire ring replaced (got my hand shut in a door - ouch) and finally doing something about my mother engagement ring Mark 2 which she recently gifted to me.
It is an interesting Art deco setting but for some reason two of the halo diamonds are a different size and awful, plus part of the metal work is damaged. So, I’ll take the ruby in too with the ring setting.
huh.
not in the gem jar storage box.
Did I put it in a handbag ? Search all handbags.
Did it fall behind the dresser or into a dresser drawer? Empty every drawer, pull dresser away from wall.
Check the microscope storage, check under the table, check inside my beading storage box and my “to sell” jewellery storage box. Empty out all my spare jewellery boxes, bags containers. Check all the pockets of all my jackets. Check the dining room, check under the bed, check the family room x 2.
where is it? It’s in the house but where?
sigh.
it’s not the good one, it’s the other one.
F08EFA10-9176-4AD0-86DD-53F376ADD6D5.jpeg

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh,
driving myself batty searching searching searching.
how can I lose a ruby, in its gem jar, somewhere in the house?
It lives alongside its sister in the gem jar storage box.
I remember taking it out and trying it “over” another ring thinking maybe I’ll speak to my jeweller about putting a new head in and putting the ruby in the setting.
that was probably 2 months ago, before I could get into my jewellers I took a tumble and broke two ribs so wasn’t going anywhere.
Over Easter I thought, yes, I must get my engagement ring re dipped, the halo diamond that I knocked out from my sapphire ring replaced (got my hand shut in a door - ouch) and finally doing something about my mother engagement ring Mark 2 which she recently gifted to me.
It is an interesting Art deco setting but for some reason two of the halo diamonds are a different size and awful, plus part of the metal work is damaged. So, I’ll take the ruby in too with the ring setting.
huh.
not in the gem jar storage box.
Did I put it in a handbag ? Search all handbags.
Did it fall behind the dresser or into a dresser drawer? Empty every drawer, pull dresser away from wall.
Check the microscope storage, check under the table, check inside my beading storage box and my “to sell” jewellery storage box. Empty out all my spare jewellery boxes, bags containers. Check all the pockets of all my jackets. Check the dining room, check under the bed, check the family room x 2.
where is it? It’s in the house but where?
sigh.
it’s not the good one, it’s the other one.
F08EFA10-9176-4AD0-86DD-53F376ADD6D5.jpeg

This has been happening a lot to me lately, too. Has my brain been changed by the covid times? I don’t know, but it’s no fun.

Hope that sweet ruby turns up. My things generally have, but not when I want them to.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry this happened; it must be so stressful.

If a vacuum has been used in your home, don't empty it until after you find your, beautiful, ruby.

I'd slowly sweep a flashlight (in the UK: torch) back and forth all over the floor.
It may cause the ruby to reflect light.
Do this at night with all the lights off so the reflection will be more noticeable.

Once when photographing my red diamond it flew out of the tweezers onto the oriental rug under my piano.
It disappeared (blended) right into the rug because of its intricate multi-colored pattern.
What a relief when this process worked.:dance:

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Can you use your UV torch to search again?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry, it drives me nuts when I cannot find something, I will search and search until I find it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I misplaced the ring in my avatar recently. It took me 9 days to find it. I’ll post a pic of where it was. You’re going to cry laughing.

E441724D-A48A-4459-903F-23412B3583CE.jpeg

Think back to where you were experimenting with your stone. Then think about what could possibly have interrupted you. Then think about the absolute hastiest place that would make no sense whatsoever you would stash it just in case you were about to be robbed. If you have a box of tampons, I’d look there first.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Did you check the jewelry box where you keep the ring that you were experimenting with (the one you were holding the ruby over to try to visualize?)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything crossed you find it soon @Bron357.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Then think about the absolute hastiest place that would make no sense whatsoever you would stash it just in case you were about to be robbed.
If you have a box of tampons, I’d look there first.
Awesome!
Thanks! :clap:

Next house I rob, I'm looking in the tampon box first. :dance:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you checked under the seat in your car? Perhaps the gem jar rolled out of your purse?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I misplaced the ring in my avatar recently. It took me 9 days to find it. I’ll post a pic of where it was. You’re going to cry laughing.

E441724D-A48A-4459-903F-23412B3583CE.jpeg

Think back to where you were experimenting with your stone. Then think about what could possibly have interrupted you. Then think about the absolute hastiest place that would make no sense whatsoever you would stash it just in case you were about to be robbed. If you have a box of tampons, I’d look there first.

I need to get me a Lady Draw!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed you find it @Bron357 Definitely try the light again. And remember these pesky tiny things can often turn up ages later.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck Bron
i know too well this pain
it will turn up

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh, I spent all weekend searching and searching some more. Perhaps the dog ate it? It’s a mystery for sure.
3E76F506-DCBF-4BE8-A08B-D5AEF73CD25C.jpeg 070FC8A5-26DF-4801-B97C-0E3D8D61AAA7.jpeg DE09B698-2D6C-429B-91A5-42123AC2ADF4.jpeg E2282E70-FF3D-49A2-A63E-6CCE667A3246.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sigh, I spent all weekend searching and searching some more. Perhaps the dog ate it? It’s a mystery for sure.
3E76F506-DCBF-4BE8-A08B-D5AEF73CD25C.jpeg 070FC8A5-26DF-4801-B97C-0E3D8D61AAA7.jpeg DE09B698-2D6C-429B-91A5-42123AC2ADF4.jpeg E2282E70-FF3D-49A2-A63E-6CCE667A3246.jpeg

right
do not give up

about 7 months ago i lost all my keys
work, house, the only key we have to our laundry, the shed key, my Bruce Springsteen key ring

i looked everywhere

i felt bad about lossing the work key

i looked everywhere, i was convinced they were here somewhere at home
i shifted all the furniture, the washing machine, the bed, the microwave, anywhere and everywhere my bag or the keys had been
i walked to and from work with my head down looking the whole way, its not like i had been anywhere to loose them, only work and home

fast forward to yesterday
our shop manager is sick so i got called in to do an extra shift on my day off
short notice
had shower but no time to brush hair before i left the house
i do wear a cap to work (nobody wants hair in their pie)

so i was sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus and i rememeberd i had an emergency hair brush in a side pocket in my bag
did i tell you i had torn my bag apart many times looking for the keys

anyway the brush was stuck in there real tight, i had trouble getting it out
sure enough under the brush was my keys

that ruby is there somewhere Bron. you will find it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results