shape
carat
color
clarity

How cool is this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I saw this the other week at Grand Designs in London and I sooooo want one.

Sadly I don''t have a garden - but one day it will be mine!

The big one takes Koi carp and the small one decent sized goldfish.

Pb031342.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Is that a fountain on the right side too? Very fun.
9.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
I am so not an outdoorsy type, I have always lived in doorman buildings and now living in a house, I want to do everything outside, gorgeous patio etc but I don''t want to spend anytime out there hahaha
to me...the table you like, is a breeding ground for mosquitos!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
That is fantastic! I love it. I bet crumbs would fall in there and the fish would like it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 12:54:08 PM
Author: golden
I am so not an outdoorsy type, I have always lived in doorman buildings and now living in a house, I want to do everything outside, gorgeous patio etc but I don''t want to spend anytime out there hahaha
We don''t really have a mosquito problem here in the UK
1.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 1:17:51 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 5/16/2008 12:54:08 PM
Author: golden
We don''t really have a mosquito problem here in the UK
1.gif
I think I just suffered from a massive surge of envy.

All I can think about when I see that table is what would happen if someone spilled a glass of wine!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s such a cool table! I love it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2008 12:41:02 PM
Author:Pandora II
I saw this the other week at Grand Designs in London and I sooooo want one.

Sadly I don''t have a garden - but one day it will be mine!

The big one takes Koi carp and the small one decent sized goldfish.
very popular hobby in the UK. i have a 12,000 gallon koi pond in my backyard.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really cool!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pic of my unfinish 12,000 gal pond. if i had the money i would do-over AGAIN.
37.gif

koi 12300.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a couple of problems with the table. We have a very small pond, and a fountain (shaped like a koi!). Birds are attracted to both, as are raccoons. We can''t keep even goldfish in the pond because it would be a source of food for the raccoons.
32.gif
Birds leave worms in the fountain daily. Both the pond and the fountain need a lot of maintainance, and can get smelly, which is natural, but I really don''t think I''d want to eat around either given the amount of wildlife they attract.

DF, I would dearly love to have a real koi pond, but where I live in Canada, it would have to have a very deep end for them to survive the winter, if they did survive. We have nowhere to house them for a winter either.

On the plus side of having them separate from an eating area, I''d never do without either! A mother and 4 baby raccoons came to the pond one night and washed their "hands" in it, it was so cool to watch. Birds bathe in the fountain every day. And last year, we were *thrilled*, because we had 2 frogs come live in the pond. It''s very small, 50 gallons maybe? It was a real coup getting frogs IMO. But I''m just crazy that way.
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2008 5:59:54 PM
Author: lyra

DF, I would dearly love to have a real koi pond, but where I live in Canada, it would have to have a very deep end for them to survive the winter, if they did survive. We have nowhere to house them for a winter either.
lyra
there''re koi hobbyist in Canada too. what you need to do is built a plastic cover for the winter .

btw; my deep end is 7- 8.5 ft deep. if you ever decide to built a pond,don''t do less than 8 ft deep.

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76004&highlight=greenhouse+cover

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2008 5:19:08 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 5/16/2008 2:45:14 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
37.gif
Its breath taking. Wow.. I love it!!!
SDL
the San Diego area has some of the best koi pond in the U.S.

the S.D. koi club is one of thee best in the U.S.

the S.D. club runs one of thee best koi show in the U.S.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Couple of things to add:

Fish are fine with a glass of wine - you''d need a couple of bottles to upset them apparently.

Mosquitos are rarely a problem in the UK and anyway, the fish will eat the lavae asap

There are slatted covers that fit over the squares to stop cats, herons etc eating the fish, and it''s pretty safe for kids as well.

I met the couple who invented it who were so nice - he''s a mad keen fish person.

DF, I love your fish pool, it looks amazing.

If we manage to buy a house with a roof terrace or small garden I am definitely getting one of these!

sera

Ideal_Rock
That''s really neat! I think the fish would eat any mosquito larvae- I actually sometimes buy it for my fishies in the tank.
14.gif
I guess you would have to be careful not to spill anything that would kill them... and keep it clean so it''s not stinky. I love fish and water and fountains and things... so peaceful.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, awesome table, and DF, that''s a stunning koi pond! Wow!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora, that is a really sweet table! I''d love to have one as well, but we definitely don''t have room on our patio. Our next door neighbors have a 8,000 gallon koi pond, sometime when they take off the plastic cover (usually Memorial Day weekend) I will take pics and post, they have a lot of mature koi, some of which are over a foot long and I think my neighbor said some of them are 12 years old?! Is that possible, or did I dream it? LOL.

DF, your koi pond is awesome! Here in Chicago my neighbors have the plastic/mesh cover but the fish are up and about now, we can see them over the fence between our properties. The sound of the water bubbling and when the fish feed and play carries up to our bathroom on the second floor, and we can see and hear them every morning when we''re getting ready. It is such a comforting sound, we love being neighbors with them. Also, every time we have friends over, they always want to look over the fence at the koi pond, they think it is SO coool! Wonder if our property value goes up because of it? Ha ha!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
avg koi life span is 22 yrs,but they go down hill way before that age.

koi 12440.jpg

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
OMGosh Dancing Fire it is gorgeous, I totally want one! And Pandora II I don''t have a garden either but I too am going to get that someday it''s on my list of things I must have. Very cool!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
btrflygrl23
better do lots of research before you decide to built one. my pond may look good to you,but there''re too many mistakes ,not as easy as you think.
2.gif

koi 12148 a.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Very neat!

Hard to keep clean though, I bet.

And I guess you couldn''t have a cat.
38.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 10:21:18 AM
Author: Independent Gal
Very neat!

Hard to keep clean though, I bet.

And I guess you couldn''t have a cat.
38.gif
easy to clean if you do everything the right and yes, you can have cats.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool table!

DF,
How big is your biggest koi? The huge ones scare me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, I well remember your Koi, looks like they are thriving. Well done, they must be lots of fun, are they expensive??

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet.....the biggest i got is about 20".the biggest i have seen is 42"

Kaleigh....the most i ever paid for a koi (not in the pic) was $1250. there're many imported koi that are in the $5000-$10,000 range.in Japan there're many $30,000-$50,000 koi. and....you guys thought PSers are nuts
9.gif
there're more crazy people on those koi forums
37.gif
think about this....kois don't live forever,diamonds do.
2.gif
there're more crazy koi hobbyist
37.gif
upgrading their koi collection than PSers ungrading their e-ring.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 1:51:38 AM
Harriet.....the biggest i got is about 20''.the biggest i have seen is 42''

Kaleigh....the most i ever paid for a koi (not in the pic) was $1250. there''re many imported koi that are in the $5000-$10,000 range.in Japan there''re many $30,000-$50,000 koi. and....you guys thought PSers are nuts
9.gif
there''re more crazy people on those koi forums
37.gif
think about this....kois don''t live forever,diamonds do.
2.gif
there''re more crazy koi hobbyist
37.gif
upgrading their koi collection than PSers ungrading their e-ring.
9.gif
I kinda get it, but not really. They are beautiful fish. BUT, do they have personalities, do you know them? I would think the fish that live this long would get to know you, at least they know when you feed them. So I would venture to think after observing them for years and years they do know you, they do have their own personalities?? I think that''s cool.
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, i don''t know
33.gif
but some hobbyist say their kois recognize them.
9.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Cool table! My DH was obsessed with wanting a pet koi, but unfortunately it`s not legal in our state.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 2:45:14 PM
37.gif
Wow--just WOW. Maybe you should have a book published with advice, and pictures. Why not?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
So cool, Pandora! You''ll have to let us know how it works out when you get one. I can''t wait to have an awesome patio... someday!

DF- Thanks for sharing your koi pics too. How much time do you spend on keeping up the pond / fish?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results