shape
carat
color
clarity

How cold is it where you are?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Right now it is 43 degrees, but should be in the mid 60s this afternoon.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 11:22:16 AM
Author: pinkstars
In Anchorage it's 29, it's feeling kind of warm. But we have a chance of freezing rain which sucks, people seem to forget how to drive.

We went sledding this weekend and it was about -1 or -2, but we bundled up really well and it was not bad.

Central Illinois here, too. According to weather.com, it's gone up to 5F. Come on, it's almost noon! At least it's better than yesterday's -4F. I can now officially say it's colder than Alaska here. Brr.

ETA: Come to think of it, I actually ditched my coat for church last sunday when DH told me that it was 34F out. I must be adapting better than I thought!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 12:10:10 PM
Author: onvacation

Date: 1/6/2010 11:22:16 AM
Author: pinkstars
In Anchorage it''s 29, it''s feeling kind of warm. But we have a chance of freezing rain which sucks, people seem to forget how to drive.

We went sledding this weekend and it was about -1 or -2, but we bundled up really well and it was not bad.

Central Illinois here, too. According to weather.com, it''s gone up to 5F. Come on, it''s almost noon! At least it''s better than yesterday''s -4F. I can now officially say it''s colder than Alaska here. Brr.

ETA: Come to think of it, I actually ditched my coat for church last sunday when DH told me that it was 34F out. I must be adapting better than I thought!
I''m South of Decatur. Where are you?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seattle area - currently (at 9:38) it''s 47 degrees.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Currently 33, feels like 27.

That is what accuweather said. It feels much much colder. At least the wind isn''t blowing anymore. There was snow this morning, just a coating, but still.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
This morning it was -6 and we''re up to 14 now with a windchill of -1. We''re supposed to get 10" of snow tonight.

Wish we still had a snow mobile....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
60 in Palo Alto
1.gif

I''m wrapped up in a blanket with hot chocolate anyway, though
16.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
It''s relatively cold here in Houston. It feels great, and I personally am glad for a break from the norm.

Right now it''s only 52, but the lows are in the 20s over the weekend. The high on Friday is in the 30s!

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
67º
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its 3 degrees here.
32.gif
I live in North East England.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
It''s minus 8 celsius here, which is just about right for me.
2.gif
It''s supposed to get even colder tonight.

I love cold, cold weather, don''t do so well in heat (or what most people would think of as slight warmth).

For me, this could go on all year and I''d be happy.
1.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 3:19:16 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
It''s relatively cold here in Houston. It feels great, and I personally am glad for a break from the norm.

Right now it''s only 52, but the lows are in the 20s over the weekend. The high on Friday is in the 30s!
Brrr. BBO, I thought I heard 19 degrees Friday or Sat. night. Ugh, this is not helping my sore throat....nor the palms in my backyard.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Right now it''s 26 degrees and feels like 10 degrees.

But for this weekend they''re predicting 14 degrees for Friday night and it will feel like -5 degrees. Not fun!!!
38.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

-18 C I think.

cheers--Sharon

charbie

Ideal_Rock
22 for a high in ohio. Ick.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow it''s supposed to be 2 with -19 as the low. But, it''s been snowing AGAIN, and the wind is supposed to pick up so we''ll back to blizzard conditions. W/the windchill, it will be cooooold.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's too damn cold something like 30 but feels like zero, the winds are howling... Gah!!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
I am sick with fever and chills and sinus infection. Good time to be under a comforter with a hearting pad and eating homemade chicken soup...

Here's the thing, I have kept track of the weather since we needed a new roof, a cedar roof. Ok that started November 16th. It didn't get completed until after December 18th. Not that out house is big, it was the darn weather that messed it all up.

Rain, Rain and can you say some more RAIN???? Then we get a blizzard!!! OMG kill me now. Methinks we are in for a bad winter!!!! Good thing my roof is finished!!!!
9.gif

*grumble*

It''s 16 degrees.. will be getting down to 6 degrees (and A LOT OF SNOW tonight/ tomorrow)

A high of 10 tomorrow... with snow. wooweeeeee

Can''t wait for spring!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 11:27:33 PM
Author: Kaleigh
It''s too damn cold something like 30 but feels like zero, the winds are howling... Gah!!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
I am sick with fever and chills and sinus infection. Good time to be under a comforter with a hearting pad and eating homemade chicken soup...

Here''s the thing, I have kept track of the weather since we needed a new roof, a cedar roof. Ok that started November 16th. It didn''t get completed until after December 18th. Not that out house is big, it was the darn weather that messed it all up.

Rain, Rain and can you say some more RAIN???? Then we get a blizzard!!! OMG kill me now. Methinks we are in for a bad winter!!!! Good thing my roof is finished!!!!
9.gif

For some reason I always thought you were from CA? I must be wrong!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is 30 degrees around here.

Celsius, that is
25.gif
Anyone want to come to the Southern Hemisphere? (although I would be happier if it were cooler)

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 8:05:21 AM
Author: steph72276

Date: 1/6/2010 6:35:47 AM
Author: April20
I just went and started the car.... it''s 19 degrees this morning! I forsee a trip to Starbucks this morning. I am convinced you cannot survive weather this cold without a hot beverage. Unfortunately, it''s too early to spike it.
3.gif
Yum, I think that''s a great idea...I wonder if they''re still selling peppermint mochas?
They are! The holiday beverages are still on the promo board and I was asked if I wanted one today. They typically sell them until Winter Phase 2 beverages roll out (usually towards the end of Jan I think). After that, you can usually still get them until they run out of syrup.
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
It was in the 40s this morning and in the 60s now.

I''m over it. I know 40s doesn''t seem that cold to a lot of you but being in FL, this is freezing to me, I can''t deal, and I want it to go away.

April20

Ideal_Rock
They''re been calling for "snow" here in Atlanta, which we don''t get too often. By snow, I mean maybe a couple inches in NORTH Georgia and 1/2" in the metro area. They started announcing early release schedules for the school districts LAST NIGHT. As in before any weather had happened. I had to drive to Augusta today (2 hours east of ATL) and I passed four snow plows and four salt trucks on the way. This being when there were beautiful blue skies and some white wispy clouds out. By lunch time, Delta has already cancelled 200 flights leaving this evening.

There are snow flurries now and the city is ready to shut down. You should hear the warnings on the radio. It''s hilarious. They way I figure it, by 10 (when the snow is supposed to stop), the govenor will be asking the President to declare a state of emergency in Georgia. I''m sure the store shelves will be void of bread, milk, toilet paper and beer. I''m expecting people to go into survivalist mode and start looting for the necessities.

And this would be why northerners make fun of southerners in winter. We deserve it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was 48 on my way home from work about an hour ago. It feels a lot colder though.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Ok everyone, I can top you all. It is -32 degrees celcius which is -26 fahrenheit! There is a wind chill warning, because of the wind it feels like -44 degrees celcius!
I have no idea why I live here
32.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a friend once who moved up here from Oklahoma. Her first Winter here, she used to shake her head at me all the time and say "You people are MESSED UP. Why do you live here? It''s cold when it''s 40 ABOVE and they say it could be 40 BELOW because of the wind? You are IN-SANE" Hahaha she spent every winter mumbling how messed up and insane we are. She thought I should move back down w/her and make a killing driving people around when it snowed a whole inch.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s 39 degrees here in Australia... celcius, that is
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 9:42:43 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

-18 C I think.

cheers--Sharon
Well stuff that, I''m not coming home if it''s that cold. It''s a tad cooler in Punta Cana today, a mere +25°C That''s a whopping 77°F

Hate me yet Sharon?
emwink.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a brisk 25 degrees F in Houston. WOW! :) LOVE IT...because it''s not as long lasting as up north. Sorry guys!
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results