shape
carat
color
clarity

How can they sell the Diamonds so cheap? I am confused....

diamondosk

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I would like to know how they can sell these diamonds at so low prices..
I will not link to any site, i will let you know the info about the items and what prices they sell for..
The people who sell them are totally legit and receives positives feedback all the time.

It varies but mostly the same type of rings, diamonds etc all the time..

1ct to 1.10ct natural diamond, F-G colour, VS1, set in a 14-18K white gold ring..

Prices they go for is about, 400-500£

If somebody could explain how they can offer the pieces this cheap?
I have been looking around the internet etc for diamonds in that size, and i can not find anything under 2000£-3000£..

All you guys who understands and knows the business, how is this possible?

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
Re: How can they sell the Diamonds so cheap? I am confused..

Hey, my surmise from the information that you have provided is that the dealer is using their own grading system or a different grading lab with "softer" grading, such as IGI or EGL - you can see more information on PS about an introduction to diamond grading here - https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamond-grading.. Therefore, by comparison, dealers using more reputable labs such as GIA and AGS look more expensive by comparison because it's not really comparing apples to apples - because a IGI/EGL diamond tends to have lower clarity and a higher color grade than if it was sent to GIA/AGS.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe they're clarity-enhanced so are still natural diamonds but generally not good quality ones.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto, most likely clarity-enhanced.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

You're not giving us much to work with here. Not even clarity enhanced or synthetics are that inexpensive. Definitely a red flag here. Even terrible one carat diamonds cost more than that. Maybe a cluster of little stones? Ask them. What do THEY say?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondosk|1464210822|4036256 said:
Hello!

1ct to 1.10ct natural diamond, F-G colour, VS1, set in a 14-18K white gold ring..

Prices they go for is about, 400-500£

All you guys who understands and knows the business, how is this possible?
Not possible for a nice natrual stone.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

denverappraiser|1464215499|4036279 said:
You're not giving us much to work with here. Not even clarity enhanced or synthetics are that inexpensive. Definitely a red flag here. Even terrible one carat diamonds cost more than that. Maybe a cluster of little stones? Ask them. What do THEY say?

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.

But then I am baffled by this:

The people who sell them are totally legit and receives positives feedback all the time.

Perhaps, aside from the legitimacy of the diamonds, there should also be some consideration of the legitimacy of the reviews.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why are you not giving the link? If we can look at the link, we can probably tell you what the problem is rather than guess.

You get what you pay for, remember that.

diamondosk

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much for all the replies, really thankful!

I did not know anything about the (clarity enhanced) thing.
And they totally are, all the diamonds they are selling is VS1 or lower but (''clarity enhanced'')

But even then, isn't that still very cheap and good price?

Here is the website, they sometimes offer VS1-VS2 for about 400-550£, but they are all clarity enhanced..

http://www.diamondjewelryunited.com/engagement-rings/round.html#/engagement-rings/round/shopby/1_00_ct_1_24_ct.html

But, were can they buy even these diamonds this cheap? I mean they have to make a good profit still on the stones..?
Their business office is located in Antwerp, however they sell from the UK..

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I would advise doing further homework.

Seeing that they are claiming to be member of the Antwerp Diamond Bourse, please ask for a copy of their membership. The Bourse itself just told me that they do not know this name, but the company could obviously have membership under a different name. If there is doubt, you can email the Bourse yourself asking about specific membership.

Then, google the owner's name. I just did and the first hit took me to a link on complaintboards.com. Again, this could be just a single problem.

Live long,

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks for the link.

What I”m seeing in the ad where they claim VS clarities cost about twice that, but it's still aggressive pricing, even for CE goods.

I can't speak for this company but the usual issue with CE stones is that the grading isn't standardized. VS1 doesn't always mean the same things. They rather specifically DON'T use the GIA scales on CE diamonds, in fact they can't. It doesn't apply. What one person will call a VS1, someone else might call an I2 and so on. F for one grader might mean K for another. We have no clue who the grader is or want standards they are using and there are no rules. I'm not saying they're bad graders, I'm saying we (and you) simply don't know anything at all about the grading. Again, ask. You are relying on the grader so make sure you understand who they are and what they are telling you.

Reviews can be tricky and be careful about reviews published on the sellers site. Be careful about relying on reviews anyway, but be especially careful about those. That said, these guys seem to have been around a long time, they have reasonable terms and conditions ,and their customers look to be happy. If a CE diamond is what you want, they look like a good enough source.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I dont know anything about clarity enhanced diamonds other than what I've read here - and one thing I've learned is that there are various types of clarity enhancement, some of which hold up better over time than others. If you decide to go this route, be sure to ask about the types of treatment used on the stones and then do some further research. The following recent thread contains links to numerous other threads on the subject:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/clarity-enhanced-diamond-my-brothers-a-cop-and-happy-with-it.220050/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/clarity-enhanced-diamond-my-brothers-a-cop-and-happy-with-it.220050/[/URL]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No to clarity enhanced diamonds. I would buy a smaller natural and untreated diamond ANY DAY before I would buy CE. I would choose a fine sapphire over CE, and I'd choose a simulant over CE. My view is to buy a fine quality untreated diamond within budget, or no diamond at all.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

You mention in your question that you find them to be cheap. Cheap compared to what? Untreated natural diamonds, which are what are sold by the dealers advertising here, are not the same thing. It's like saying bicycles are cheap compared to sports cars. Maybe so, and if what you want is a bike, have at it, but make sure you are shopping against what other bicycle dealers are charging or you've got a terribly skewed perspective.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I checked out the 25k emerald cut 2.50ct F/VS2 they are offering for under 5K. Full screen video shows a diamond that's a mess of large inclusions and quite warm.

jim_diamonds

Rough_Rock

Im not sure how they grade their diamonds but their SI1/SI2 look like industrial grade lol

The videos are the stuff of nightmares ; )

mednat

Rough_Rock

Eeek the product videos are awful. There are more inclusions (corrected or not) than diamond. I'm surprised they filmed it as magnified as it is, it may not look as bad from a distance.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

diamondosk|1464241240|4036420 said:
Here is the website, they sometimes offer VS1-VS2 for about 400-550£, but they are all clarity enhanced..

Which lab is doing this assigning these grades?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results