shape
carat
color
clarity

How can I tell it''s the diamond I ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prettycat

Rough_Rock
Received my ring from WF. It''s beautiful, but a little bit different from what I imagined before:

1. It looks bigger than I thought.

2. It''s a WF ACA, so the cut should be super ideal, but not so sparkly as I thought. I looked at some stone in local stores before, and this one is not more brilliant than those.

3. It''s a VS2, but I cannot see any inclusions with the WF viewer. It''s very clean.

Just curious - how can I verify this is the stone I ordered? I do have the AGS certificate.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 9:33:38 AM
Author:prettycat
Received my ring from WF. It's beautiful, but a little bit different from what I imagined before:

2. It's a WF ACA, so the cut should be super ideal, but not so sparkly as I thought. I looked at some stone in local stores before, and this one is not more brilliant than those.

3. It's a VS2, but I cannot see any inclusions with the WF viewer. It's very clean.

Just curious - how can I verify this is the stone I ordered? I do have the AGS certificate.
First I am sure there is not a problem. If you are worried, contact WF or get an appraiser if there is one closeby to check the inscription number that will be on your diamond matches the report.

A top cut round will look large for the weight. As for not sparkling as much as you thought, take it on a good test drive and check it out in different lighting conditions. Make sure the diamond is clean. Then you will see it sparkle and how it behaves. Diamonds can only sparkle according to the available lighting, so try it in different lights. Sometimes I know the way we describe these diamonds can make you imagine that fireworks will explode the minute you open the box but the reality is a bit different. Have fun checking it out in different lights and you will see some serious action from it!

The h&a viewer is to look at your h&a patterning not inclusions, so I wouldn't worry about that.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, B&M store lightings maximize sparkle of lower cut grade stones. Try to compare them out of the lighting by shading the stone, etc...

iraweissman

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''m sure the difference is due to the fact that you viewed the other diamond in a jewelry store with jewelry store lighting that''s specifically designed to make diamonds explode with sparkle. Your home lighting is just your home lighting. Put on your ring and go take a leisurely stroll into the same jewelry store. I''m sure you''ll be more than satisfied!

Date: 4/20/2009 9:33:38 AM
Author:prettycat
Received my ring from WF. It''s beautiful, but a little bit different from what I imagined before:

2. It''s a WF ACA, so the cut should be super ideal, but not so sparkly as I thought. I looked at some stone in local stores before, and this one is not more brilliant than those.

3. It''s a VS2, but I cannot see any inclusions with the WF viewer. It''s very clean.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with the above that lighting is a hugely important part of the equation and memory is another. Comparing stones side by side in the same lights is really the only fair way to do this. Most stores are happy to let you do this but if your stone is unmounted, please talk to the salesperson about what you’re trying to do before you pull it out and use it to compare with theirs. This is a security concern for the stores.

Is the WF product better than what’s in the store? Maybe. That depends on what the store has. Some are better than others after all. Now that you’ve got the WF stone in hand, it should be an easy, free and fun test to go down and have a look.

To answer your question in the headline. If you're concerned that the stone doesn't match the paperwork or that you've otherwise been misrepresented in any way, get it appraised by an independent appraiser.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results