shape
carat
color
clarity

How can I tell if a ring is too small?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

The-Betrothed

Rough_Rock
I recently gave my fiance a 1.23 G VS2 H&A diamond (from niceice) in a jeff cooper platinum setting. It seems to fit quite nicely and is a beautiful ring the only thing is that she is having problems when she wears it at night. she is a size 5 and i guess at late night/early morning her hands swell a little bit and she says that the ring is painful. is the ring the right size or not? do women usually take rings like this off before going to bed?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Fingers swelling a bit late night / early morning is pretty typical for both men and women, along with a monthly fluctuation for women as well.

Many women (including my wife) take their rings off when they go to sleep.

If it fits fine most the time, then I'd leave the size alone. Better to have a ring that fits most the time than not.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's key that it fits her correctly during the day....if at night she swells (I do...most women do), just have her take it off. It wouldn't make sense to have the ring re-sized just for nighttime wear and have it be a little too loose during the day when her real activity takes place and increase the chance of losing it. I discovered this too after our purchase, but I just take it off at night and all is well. It actually creates more excitement when I wake up as I want to put the ring back on ASAP. I was a little worried that in summer heat it would be too tight as well, but I am not having a problem this summer at all. Just at nighttime.

My two cents!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I feel it is prudent to take the ring off at night regardless of fit. Pick a spot & a "house" that the ring lives in *every* night. It's a nightly ritual for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How true about the little 'house'...F&I. My ring lives nightly in a small, heart shaped, red velvet lined, silver Tiffany box that my sweetie got for me 2 Valentine's ago. It was like a pre-cursor to what it holds!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results