shape
carat
color
clarity

How big/small are these rings in person?

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I see that the pictures are close up but I guess I don't have enough imagination to see how big/small they are in person. Here are the links:

Ring #1-1.75CT

Ring #2-1.50CT

I would like a halo 5 stone on the smaller side & not sure if these are meeting the mark.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
The listings should give dimensions; you can compare those to rings you already have to get a sense of size. Or you can make a little paper ring with the exact dimensions and try that one on for an idea of size on your hand.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
The listings should give dimensions; you can compare those to rings you already have to get a sense of size. Or you can make a little paper ring with the exact dimensions and try that one on for an idea of size on your hand.

They list the dimensions in great detail I'm just wondering how big are the actua 5 stones? Are they big in comparison? Just not sure...

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Last question, out of all the total carat weight sizes, which is the smallest:
1.50CTW
1.75CTW
2.00CTW?

I basically am looking for a "dainty" not "clunky/chunky" anniversary ring...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see that the pictures are close up but I guess I don't have enough imagination to see how big/small they are in person. Here are the links:

Ring #1-1.75CT

Ring #2-1.50CT

I would like a halo 5 stone on the smaller side & not sure if these are meeting the mark.

As far as I could make up, both listings used the same photos, and would avoid the vendor based on this alone.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last question, out of all the total carat weight sizes, which is the smallest:
1.50CTW
1.75CTW
2.00CTW?

I basically am looking for a "dainty" not "clunky/chunky" anniversary ring...

Not possible to compare based on so little information, as the lowest total carat weight could have the largest centre stones in comparison to the melees used, etc. etc...

If you are after a dainty ring, then look for a simpler setting without halos.

All personal opinions and all that.

DK :))

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Let’s set aside for a moment the fact that these listings have the same photos despite two different item descriptions (a red flag as DK pointed out).

Look at the dimensions in the listing description and decide for yourself what seems dainty/chunky to you. The five main stones in the 1.75ct are described as 0.25ct each, or about 4mm each. The 1.5ct stones are 0.2ct each, or about 3.7mm. It’s a matter of your own size hand, tastes, and preference. No one on an Internet forum can tell you what you’ll like.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
OK got it, I have a personal jeweler who I can reach out to who can make this ring custom for me. I will go that route instead of spending it on this vendor.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Let’s set aside for a moment the fact that these listings have the same photos despite two different item descriptions (a red flag as DK pointed out).

Look at the dimensions in the listing description and decide for yourself what seems dainty/chunky to you. The five main stones in the 1.75ct are described as 0.25ct each, or about 4mm each. The 1.5ct stones are 0.2ct each, or about 3.7mm. It’s a matter of your own size hand, tastes, and preference. No one on an Internet forum can tell you what you’ll like.

Would you mind sharing size of each diamond on a 5 stone halo if the total carat weight was 1.25?

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Would you mind sharing size of each diamond on a 5 stone halo if the total carat weight was 1.25?

This can't be determined with just that information. If a ring lists total carat weight of 1.25 ct and it includes 5 main stones plus 5 halos, without any other information you cannot determine the size of each individual main stone.

Each individual main stone plus it's halo would be 1.25 ct/5 = .25 ct (assuming each main stone has it's own full halo and that the sides of the halo aren't shared between adjacent main stones).

So the main stones would be less than .25 ct but you can't know how much less until you know how big the halo stones are and how many stones are in each halo.

I suggest trying to find comparable pre-made rings on line and see if they break down the specs to include main diamonds ct weight and halo diamonds ct weight.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

I took that information from the listing descriptions. Other rings of those weights could be different sizes; those sizes only apply to the specific listings you linked. I don’t know what the proportions would be for any other rings of those total carat weights or other carat weights.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results