color
clarity

How Big for Halo? How many Carats?

southLA504

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1442445175|3928615 said:
southLA504|1442438844|3928578 said:
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER10523R4T83JJ/amavida

something like this would be perfect and exactly what I am looking for, only problems are:

1. The rose gold, would they be able to do it in all white gold?

2. It says the center stone size is for 1 carat, would it be a problem for them to adjust it to a 2 carat?

thanks.

You would have to ask Gabriel or your jeweler.

That's great if you can wait the 2 weeks and see them in person. That would really help you make up your mind!

Yeah I think that is most definitely the best idea! I'm not proposing until December so I have plenty of time!

Thanks for all ur help!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are getting a ring custom made, that alone can take 6-8 weeks, easily. Might take longer if there are CAD drawings and several back-and-forth exchanges with design changes. Christmas is a very busy time for jewelers, and lots of men wait until the last minute. If you can compromise and buy the stone and use a mass-produced solitaire setting temporarily, then, yes, you have lots of time. Sometimes it takes a long time to find the perfect stone that still meets your budget requirement, too. Don't procrastinate.

southLA504

Rough_Rock
AdaBeta27|1442451611|3928647 said:
If you are getting a ring custom made, that alone can take 6-8 weeks, easily. Might take longer if there are CAD drawings and several back-and-forth exchanges with design changes. Christmas is a very busy time for jewelers, and lots of men wait until the last minute. If you can compromise and buy the stone and use a mass-produced solitaire setting temporarily, then, yes, you have lots of time. Sometimes it takes a long time to find the perfect stone that still meets your budget requirement, too. Don't procrastinate.

Great advice! I plan on meeting with the rep when they come in a week or 2 to see if I can find something I like since they are bringing the whole collection. If not i'm going to get started on a custom asap!

southLA504

Rough_Rock
What do y'all think about this setting?

https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER11348R8W83JJ/amavida

I'd have to see it in person but I like the way the halo diamonds blend together and don't look separate. But with over a 2 carat center stone this might be too big of a halo and make it look more like a giant fake cocktail ring?

All opinions welcome.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that one, but my concern is that it looks like it may set up higher than usual. Probably need to see it in person to
know whether it's too high.

southLA504

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1442522155|3928970 said:
I like that one, but my concern is that it looks like it may set up higher than usual. Probably need to see it in person to
know whether it's too high.

Thanks, i'll def be looking at it in person, I wish they listed the size of the halo and pave stones on the website.

Also, about it being high, is there a certain height it should be? And what are the disadvantages of the being high? I'm guessing u want the halo closer to the stone?

Does the halo not look a little big to u? Maybe I just don't know what i'm looking for lol.

Like u said, best to see it in person.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I didn't get a chance to read through the entire thread, but wanted to add a link for the first halo setting you posted (Ritani round with cushion halo + split shank), in case you haven't come across it yet:

https://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/french-set-halo-diamond--v--band-engagement-ring-in-platinum/5045

It is a beautiful setting and it looks like it is right in your budget!

ETA: The link shows a round shaped halo when you choose a round center stone, but it looks like the cushion shaped halo picture has a round stone in the center. If you are interested in this setting, I'm sure you could ask Ritani to set a round stone in the cushion shaped setting for you.

southLA504

Rough_Rock
nycspring|1442589463|3929214 said:
I didn't get a chance to read through the entire thread, but wanted to add a link for the first halo setting you posted (Ritani round with cushion halo + split shank), in case you haven't come across it yet:

https://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/french-set-halo-diamond--v--band-engagement-ring-in-platinum/5045

It is a beautiful setting and it looks like it is right in your budget!

ETA: The link shows a round shaped halo when you choose a round center stone, but it looks like the cushion shaped halo picture has a round stone in the center. If you are interested in this setting, I'm sure you could ask Ritani to set a round stone in the cushion shaped setting for you.

Thank u very much! I went and looked at some in person and the diamonds are actually smaller than they appear. I looked at a halo and thought it had half pointers around it but they were 2 pointers lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results