shape
carat
color
clarity

how bad this is?

dimdim

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum. My new buy drilling my head...Have't seen this stone yet, e-buy.

This is what I got:

Round GIA cert.
Measurements . 6.56 - 6.60 x 4.08 mm
Carat Weight . 1.08 carat
Color Grade . G
Clarity Grade . VS1

Depth.62.0%
Table.57.0%
Crown height. 15.5%
Crown angle. 35.5%
Pavilion angle. 41%
Girdle. 3.5%
Lower half. 75%
Pavilion depth 43.5%
Culet. none

Cut Grade . Excellent
Polish . Excellent
Symmetry . Excellent
Fluorescence . Strong Blue

Can I expect it to be excellent? What do you think?

Regards.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pics? Aset? Idealscope? We need more than just these numbers.

dimdim

Rough_Rock
nothing :(

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this from an online vendor or local?

dimdim

Rough_Rock
BN

dimdim

Rough_Rock
30 days return policy

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Looking at my notes from my search last year, your stone's numbers look pretty good overall. My parameters were: table 55-58, Pavilion Angle 40-41, Crown Angle around 34, no more than 62.5 depth. But the various combinations produce varied results when plugged into the HCA. My stone's numbers are:

Table 56%
Depth 61.9%
Crown Angle 34.5 degrees
Pavilion Angle 41 degrees
It's a round 6.49-6.50 in mm
1.03 carat
H
SI2
no fluorescence
Triple X, GIA certified
HCA score = 1.8

I really love it, even the SI2. But (and this is a personal preference), I did not want anything fluorescent. I had a stone years ago that had a strong fluorescence and I did not like how it performed in all settings. I have heard of people being very happy with their fluorescent stones, though, so once you get it, definitely check it out in all settings to see what you think. 30 days return policy is useful!

Also, plug your stone's numbers in the HCA calculator. It's not a definite predictor, but it does help narrow down possibilities. Good luck and keep us posted!

dimdim

Rough_Rock
HCA came back @3.9, that was a reason I stopped sleeping well lately.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a reason you're looking at Blue Nile?

dimdim

Rough_Rock
not at all

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Most knowledgeable PS-ers would tell you that it probably is not going to be a strong performer with a 3.9. However, it's already ordered so maybe you could check it out and see. (And BTW, when I said "settings" earlier I meant different environments/lighting, not ring settings.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it's on it's way, make sure you view it in all lights. Put some lotion on your hands. Let it soak in for 10 minutes. Then handle the stone until the stone is a little dirty. In real life the stone is rarely if ever clean. A well cut stone will sparkle a lot of through grime than a poorly cut stone.

My aunt has one of the most poorly cut stones I've ever seen. That sucker barely sparkles when it is clean, let alone when its dirty (all the time, unless I grab it and clean it). The thing is huge at 4 carats. But its just a big dead rock.

Your crown and pavilion angles are not complimentary. So you are going to have performance issues.

But you aren't exactly experienced at evaluating diamonds for performance, and if you don't see this one next to others that are better cut, you won't know what to look for. So you should (and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS) take it to a store that carries Hearts on Fire stones and compare it head to head.

So do that, and if you are still happy with it. Keep it. If you aren't happy with it, return it and we'll help you find something that CAM compete with a Hearts on Fire stone.

Also you don't need VS1 in a round. I personally wouldn't bother paying for anything over vs2 in a round brilliant. So there is room in your budget to drop down to VS2 and trade up for better performance (which usually costs more).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results