shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
+1

I wish I had a garden like yours, @Daisys and Diamonds .

Thank you, but its a bit rough
We are no where near where i wanted to be
we experimented with rewilding and not moving the lawn but it actually takes alot more effort than we hoped and we have major wedding that needs done, its been a bit of a disaster and requiring a major rethink

We were going to cut the lilly pilly down when we first moved in but the birds love it too much
but we have lovelly fertile soil on a pumice base and its flat
it has great bones

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
What I've been cooking lately. I'm noticing a pattern here...I think I might have a thing for noodles :lol:

teriyaki chicken noodles
IMG_20200318_1809012.jpg

pad see ew
IMG_20200316_1446017.jpg

Vietnamese meatballs with vermicelli
IMG_20200331_1824552.jpg

Tuscan garlic chicken with linguine
IMG_20200402_1530579.jpg

mei fun
IMG_20200406_1600280.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I've been cooking lately. I'm noticing a pattern here...I think I might have a thing for noodles :lol:

teriyaki chicken noodles
IMG_20200318_1809012.jpg

pad see ew
IMG_20200316_1446017.jpg

Vietnamese meatballs with vermicelli
IMG_20200331_1824552.jpg

Tuscan garlic chicken with linguine
IMG_20200402_1530579.jpg

mei fun
IMG_20200406_1600280.jpg

They all look sooo yummy!:lickout:

I'm like you. I prefer noodles of any kind and pasta, over rice or bread or potatoes, any day.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
They all look sooo yummy!:lickout:

I'm like you. I prefer noodles of any kind and pasta, over rice or bread or potatoes, any day.

My husband, on the other hand is a rice fiend. He has to have rice with everything. I make salisbury steak on the regular...usually with egg noodles or mashed potatoes and every single time, he'll ask me to steam him a pot of jasmine rice. I made cabbage rolls a few weeks ago and he wanted rice with that as well. But why??? There's already rice in it and it's already a meal in itself! :???:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get so hungry looking at this thread! What I wouldn't do for those Vietnamese meatballs with vermicelli! But on the other hand, we did have a full turkey dinner last week, lol. Turkey was available, it was great.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband, on the other hand is a rice fiend. He has to have rice with everything. I make salisbury steak on the regular...usually with egg noodles or mashed potatoes and every single time, he'll ask me to steam him a pot of jasmine rice. I made cabbage rolls a few weeks ago and he wanted rice with that as well. But why??? There's already rice in it and it's already a meal in itself! :???:

Lol.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know you can put butter on really ANYTHING?!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m definitely gaining weight. I eat when I’m bored, when I’m stressed, when I’m sad, when I’m happy...you get the drift. Add to the fact I’m home more so I’m snacking way too much.

I am the same. Not to mention that with two teens, we are constantly baking, making smoothies, etc. I don’t usually snack at all, but being home all day, I’m doing quite a bit. I’ve also been sewing masks for local healthcare workers so I’m sitting on my derrière much more than usual....not a good combo! I’m also drinking more (usually I only drink when we socialize with friends....now I’m Zooming or FT friends frequently, so a lot of wine has been consumed).
Luckily, I was at a healthy to low weight before all of this, so a few extra lbs won’t kill me, so as long as my clothes continue to fit, I’m just going with it during this crazy time.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Was it good.....

I ask because sometimes I eat pretty crazy looking and smelling food that tastes good to me!
yes its good.
It tastes like a mild pork similar to a pork chop if you dont add anything to it.
It has no flavorings added.
I just use ketchup but you could use bbq sauce too.
The texture is very similar to pulled pork its not ground up or pressed like so many canned meats.

The canned chicken of the same brand makes an awesome chicken soup base.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl have you tried that roast whole chicken in the can ?
I remenber seeing it in a thread at Christmas :mrgreen2: and im intrigued

I bet they are all sort out and got hoarded due to kovid 19

Gary wants to try spam - only because we never have
i saw it tonight but at $6 a can that can wait till after this is all over

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl have you tried that roast whole chicken in the can ?
I remenber seeing it in a thread at Christmas :mrgreen2: and im intrigued

I bet they are all sort out and got hoarded due to kovid 19

Gary wants to try spam - only because we never have
i saw it tonight but at $6 a can that can wait till after this is all over

Omg I looooooove spam!!! It's a treat for us in this house because it's so unhealthy but it's delicious!!!!!

I usually buy it half price but everyone hoarded it so non for us. I refuse to buy it at full price simply because I never have before and it feels wrong!!!!!

I can't even eat roast chook from the shop so I won't be eating canned chicken anytime soon!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg I looooooove spam!!! It's a treat for us in this house because it's so unhealthy but it's delicious!!!!!

I usually buy it half price but everyone hoarded it so non for us. I refuse to buy it at full price simply because I never have before and it feels wrong!!!!!

I can't even eat roast chook from the shop so I won't be eating canned chicken anytime soon!

What do you do with the spam ?
What's it actually like ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight tv started screening the new Jamie Oliver show - its unusual we get it so quickly but it must be a couple of weeks old by now
i found his breeziness a bit hard to take considering the shocking death toll in the UK but when this first episode was made maybe things didn't seem so bleeck ?

I think his show is aimed at helping the most basic cook and i must say i was disappointed i didn't really find it much use to our situation where we are running out of pantry staples and its so stressful going to get groceries and exspensive when i can't get a delivery slot from our usual
so no, i have no garlic or nuts or parmesan at this time Jamie and no way would Gary eat a vegetarian dinner let alone one with two cans of beans in - even if i had a can of red kidney beans left

On top of that Borris had a huge cat puke im hoping was just fur ball and not that her system didnt like the cheaper shop branded cat food i had to buy them today

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you do with the spam ?
What's it actually like ?

I cut it into little cubes, crisp it up and add it to my fried rice

Or we fry slices of it and pair it with deep fried eggs to make a sandwich.

It's like a very tender ham with a specific flavoring that is really nice. You need to grow up with it though. It's a very love or hate thing.

Always get the low sodium one!!!! The normal one is too salty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH enjoyed breakfast for dinner last night.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 8.27.14 AM.png

Simple yet nutritious. Spinach, eggs, avocado, chicken, cheese vegetables.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Made one of the “Depression Cake” recipes that I’ve been seeing on line. So called Depression Cake because it uses no butter or eggs. Though the frosting is all butter of course. I’ve never been a chocolate cake fan, but it was super easy to make, and my kids basically thought I was a hero. Haha. 3472525A-8A49-4F99-B6E7-F5C8E4213EF8.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that recipe @Loves Vintage , but I’m not much of a chocolate person, so instead I made a banana cake with some overripe bananas I had.

I put pecan nuts on DH’s side because I don’t like nuts either :lol:

A3D8A5C3-DF91-49C3-90C8-E6A62E8B9633.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results