shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you addressing (addressed) your outer envelopes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Calligrapher? Yourself? Trusty ol'' printer?
Pics of course!!!
2.gif

I''m printing mine, but have it narrowed down to three fonts. I''m not sure which one I like best.
Here are pics of the three I like
First is Royal Classic xPDF

fontstyle1.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Nelly script flourish

fontstyle2.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
And P22 Zaner 2

fontstyle3.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Out of those 3 I would say the nelly (second one) however without a doubt my favourite scripted font is sciptina, have you seen that one?

Not sure how we will do ours I am thinking caligripher maybe FFIL can do them not sure if he can LOL one way to find out :).

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not gettin'' too fancy - I''m hand writing mine! I like my handwriting, though its nothing like a calligrapher.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
The person we''re buying them from on Etsy is printing them in calligraphy! They''re going to be gorgeous! Especially since both FI and I have horrible handwriting.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Of those 3, Nelly Script is my favourite and the P22... is a close 2nd.

I addressed all of our envelopes by hand. I''ve been told by several people that my printing looks like a computer font! My cursive is something to be desired but I wanted a slight handmade feel to my overall invitation package. I''ll be posting pics soon in the DIY thread!
1.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, fun! i really like the nelly and the zaner. i think nelly will be the easiest to read. either one will be beautiful though!

mine are being calligraphied (sp?) and the font is called markham but i don''t have pics to share.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
My invitation designer printed them for me in a really pretty font.

I like #1 or #2. Have you thought about spelling out the state? I hadn''t, but my designer ended up doing that and it looked really pretty!!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Invitation designer is printing them for us ... I have a sample! (sorry for the redactions!)

I like Nelly the best, followed by the first one.

redaction.jpg

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for Nelly.

I hand-wrote mine and they weren''t half-bad.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I did "faux-ligraphy" -- I printed the envelopes in really pale ink, in a calligraphy font. Then I used a calligraphy pen and ink to trace over them. It made it look like real calligraphy but I didn''t have to worry about spacing, spelling, keeping things in line, etc. Everyone loved it, and I thought it was kind of fun to do.

I also vote for Nelly out of the fonts above. I don''t remember the font I used, but it took forever to find the right one!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Our invitations are being shipped in a box, so we''re just getting a label that covers the whole front of the box and printing them on a computer. I just can''t see spending more money to get them caligraphied when they''re just going to be shredded by the USPS.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Ours were printed by the invitation vendor (I ordered at the right time to get the printing for free).

We had a combo of fonts, Scriptina for the names, and Aviano for the rest of the text.

I like your second font the best, it''s the most legible.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any pics
7.gif
but I used my printer and a calligraphy type script. They looked so good and my mom's friends wanted to know if I used a calligrapher or did it myself
5.gif
I told my mom that I just printed it on and she was impressed.

eta: I have very neat handwriting, but just not neat enough. I would want it to look perfect, so it was just easier to print.

Also, I love your second font choice! The first is too ornate and the last would be hard to read I think. Unless your outer envelopes are very large, you really need to go with something simple and easy to read. Your second choice looks very similar to what I picked.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 10:55:21 PM
Author: Octavia
I did ''faux-ligraphy'' -- I printed the envelopes in really pale ink, in a calligraphy font. Then I used a calligraphy pen and ink to trace over them. It made it look like real calligraphy but I didn''t have to worry about spacing, spelling, keeping things in line, etc. Everyone loved it, and I thought it was kind of fun to do.

I also vote for Nelly out of the fonts above. I don''t remember the font I used, but it took forever to find the right one!
I totally wanted to do this, but when I ran the idea past DH he said I was a nutcase
20.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I found a calligrapher on etsy and am having her do my envelopes in the font in the photo.

Out of your three scripts, I prefer the second and third. I think the second is the most legible.

katieelongated.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 10:10:39 AM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 3/28/2010 10:55:21 PM

Author: Octavia

I did ''faux-ligraphy'' -- I printed the envelopes in really pale ink, in a calligraphy font. Then I used a calligraphy pen and ink to trace over them. It made it look like real calligraphy but I didn''t have to worry about spacing, spelling, keeping things in line, etc. Everyone loved it, and I thought it was kind of fun to do.

I totally wanted to do this, but when I ran the idea past DH he said I was a nutcase
20.gif

I didn''t ask, I just did it.
3.gif
Since I didn''t need DH to do any work, he was perfectly happy to let me!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
We hand wrote them. I have very script-like cursive writing, but many people find it difficult to read. I would have liked to have them printed, or had a calligrapher do them, but by the time I ended up getting them and putting them all together, I just wanted to get them into the mailbox and out of my hair as quickly as possible lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results