shape
carat
color
clarity

How are the expecting moms doing??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know there are several expecting mothers to be on PS. Share you stories of how you are doing and how many months along you are. What are your cravings etc.... I wish you all good wishes in the months ahead!!!!
1.gif

Lisa

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I want to know too....there is nothing cuter in the world then a pregent woman.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pregnant women are cute as long as they don't expose their bellies with some tight tube top...gosh I am so over Britney Spears!!
14.gif

Moms to be...be sure to share what DIAMOND GIFTS are in the works for after the big event.
9.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
What?! You get DIAMOND GIFTS when you have a baby???!!
9.gif
Sign me up.....
3.gif

Just kidding! Hey do you get these gifts when you adopt? LOL, when we bring our new one home in a few years, I''ll have to talk DH into buying me something nice. "But honey, even though we didn''t have the baby ourselves, I''m a new mommy!! Where are my diamonds?!" hehehehe.......
11.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif

It''s not a hard and fast rule but alot of people I know, and not even on jewelry obsessed PS, but out in the real world, end up getting jewelry (and many times diamond) gifts from the new father-to-be after they have a child. I think it''s a sweet idea because you can bequeath the items to the kids later for themselves or their eventual spouses. You hope anyway!

Hmmm.
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My SIL adopted and she got a nice piece of jewelry from her hubby. It''s pretty much a given!!! I got a charm bracelet and a charm for each child. But I only had 2 kids so it''s kind of empty!!!
3.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe, me thinks that my "one child only" rule will be changed to " hey, let''s have enough for a soccer team!"

BRING ON THE DIAMONDS!!!!!!!!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too funny Irish Eyes!!!

Ok I think I can make a list of the expectant moms, but may need your help:

Kaylagee
Butterfly17
Mingagreen

Anyone else that I am missing???

Sorry Mariahlyn, especially since I probably mispelled your name. How are you doing?? Did you have your baby yet??

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t there someone on here named Mariah or mariahlyn or something that is pregnant? I think she was in her last trimester?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes you''re right!!! Thanks, I''m not sure how to spell her name???

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
There''s another preg. Kayla too(is her ID Kayla19?) I know it''s something numerical in the name?? I remember she announced before I did.

I''ll write more later when my son takes a nap hopefully!
5.gif

BTW, *Love* the idea of the diamond gift! We should at least get some sort of jewelery piece for this. LOL!

However, I''m not sure if there is a rock large enough to balance out the pain of Pitocin(Pitocin is a medication that is used to start or improve uterine contractions.) Men have no idea what we go through!
38.gif

yeeeouch!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pitocin is the worst. I had it for 2 days and failed to dialate and then had a c section. Talk about pain, god that stuff hit me like a locomotive!!!! And went through it again with my second child, and again had a c section. Ouch!!!!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/12/2005 1:08:15 PM
Author: Mara
31.gif

It''s not a hard and fast rule but alot of people I know, and not even on jewelry obsessed PS, but out in the real world, end up getting jewelry (and many times diamond) gifts from the new father-to-be after they have a child. I think it''s a sweet idea because you can bequeath the items to the kids later for themselves or their eventual spouses. You hope anyway!

Hmmm.
11.gif
Geez! All I got from my husband was a pat on the back and a "good job!"
20.gif
And that was for having two 13 months apart!
9.gif

I can''t complain....I''m getting something new now anyway....
6.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jellybean,
At least you''re making up for it now. A pat on the back, good job, he*l no!!!!!!!
6.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I told my DH I deserve a carat for every child we have. So far I would get a 2ct rock.
9.gif
If we have any more he''s in trouble!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well then I guess Nan is in the running for a 7 carat rock!!!!
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2005 5:47:12 PM
Author: jellybean
Yeah, I told my DH I deserve a carat for every child we have. So far I would get a 2ct rock.
9.gif
If we have any more he''s in trouble!
hey jellybean
35.gif

can you handle a 6ct rock?
23.gif
if yes, can you handle 1/2 dozen kids?
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2005 8:02:32 PM
Author: kaleigh
Well then I guess Nan is in the running for a 7 carat rock!!!!
31.gif
yep...she deserve that 7ct WF ACA.
36.gif
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2005 2:40:29 PM
Author: kaleigh
Pitocin is the worst. I had it for 2 days and failed to dialate and then had a c section. Talk about pain, god that stuff hit me like a locomotive!!!! And went through it again with my second child, and again had a c section. Ouch!!!!
My midwife gave me Pitocin as well and it hurt like h*ll. . .morphine DID dull the pain for about an hour and then I started screaming for an epidural because I wanted more relief. That mostly helped, but still, labor isn''t fun AND, like you, I ended up having a c/s so all those hours of labor were mostly for torture. With my second son, my midwife tried to get me to try for a VBAC, but I said NO WAY and opted for a planned c/s.

Oh, and after my first son was born, I didn''t get any gifts from DH because my husband was still in school, but with #2, my husband gave me a pair of diamond earrings. (Actually, I bought them and then my husband pretended he had planned to get me a pair!
9.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are the best gifts, MC!!! That way you get just what you want!!!! I do that all the time. Hubby has just about given up on me!!!!
9.gif
I wish I had done it like you did. For some dang reason I was hipped on trying for a VBAC, god was I dumb. The second C section wasn't bad at all as I knew what to expect.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump for the expecting moms!!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, okay, I guess I will be the first pregnant mom to respond!

Well, I am 33 weeks today and had a sonogram on Monday and everything seems to be okay.
The baby is up to date in size and weight (approximately 4 lbs. 5 oz.) and right on target with her gestational age.

I myself am uncomfortable, tired, having occasional contractions, especially when I am standing up, and I can''t wait to have the baby at this point!!!

I am having a girl according to the sonograms ( 5 different ones with 5 different techs), so I figure that they must be right!

I am trying to decorate the baby''s room and have still not decided on the color of the walls. At this point, it''s light sage green and very light pink, but who knows what I will eventually pick?
2.gif

Lastly, the baby''s name? Yet another thing we can''t decide on.
I like the following three names (in random order)-

Jessica
Alyssa
Amanda

and my daughter Kayla likes Julia.

Feel free to chime in with what names you like!
2.gif
2.gif

Maybe I should start a poll!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
33 weeks you don''t have too much longer to go. I love the idea of having a light sage green with pink, that sounds perfect. As for the names, I''m no help as I like all the ones you listed. Hopefully others will chime in and give you some help!!!! Hang in there!!!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think the names would depend if you were to give her a middle and what your last name is. JMO

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2005 12:08:53 AM
Author: Matatora
I think the names would depend if you were to give her a middle and what your last name is. JMO

Well, I am not going to post my last name
31.gif
, but it starts with an M and is one syllable.

I decided that if I don''t pick Amanda as a first name, I will just use it as the middle name.

Also, I think all three sound nice with my last name, which is why I can''t decide which I like, although my husband says he likes Jessica the best.

My first daughter''s name is Kayla Nicole Mxx.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like Kayla as a name...it's unique and feminine..

I dislike when people all name their kids the same thing and it becomes trendy. A good example of this is Dylan...so popular in the last 2-3 years and I know like 3 kids named Dylan!

Anything on the top 10 list I would not be interested in...I think that is posted over on About.com or something.

That said, my mom was not as big into names when she had me as when she had my sisters...my first name is very unique (it's not Mara, it's longer) and I hated it...it was too unique but she really liked it. It's a pretty name but I have always disliked it. Hence why I gave myself the nickname Mara in college and it has stuck ever since. Even my parents call me that now. I believe that you should set your child apart with a name, but don't get too wild!
9.gif

That said, with my two sisters...my mom got really into the meanings of names. Coincidentally Mara means 'bitter' in many languages and in some others its still not flattering.
2.gif
But I have always loved it and it really fits me.

Anyway, my sisters names are Sabrina Rachel which means princess of truth (and ironic because she has always been a bit of a fibber) and Corin Alyssa which means maiden of light. I think Corin got the best name (pronounced core-in) combo. It suits her as well. All my sisters' names suit them.

So some people are into the whole naming structure that means something while others just want a nice sounding combo.

If we have kids I have no idea what we'll name them...our married last name is a nice easy to spell name that sounds good with alot of different things, thank goodness. And I won't be slapping my kid with some unique weird spelled long first name so they curse me each time they have to cursive write it in 6th grade!!
11.gif

Oh and Kayla...I like Alyssa as the name...it fits well with Kayla. Not into Amanda as it seems too old fashioned or something, and Jessica is too common for me. Julia is interesting.

One of my fave names has always been Emily. It's not used as much as it used to be so it seems 'vintage' or something..almost romantic.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2005 12:57:57 AM
Author: Mara
I dislike when people all name their kids the same thing and it becomes trendy. A good example of this is Dylan...so popular in the last 2-3 years and I know like 3 kids named Dylan!
One of my fave names has always been Emily. It''s not used as much as it used to be so it seems ''vintage'' or something..almost romantic.
Emily is extremely popular! Before having an ultrasound and realizing I was having a boy, I considered that name, but found that it''s VERY high up among a sampling of social security card application names between 1990-1999 so we looked into other names. . .

See: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/1999/top1000of90s.html

Dylan is ranked 37. Coming up with a boy''s name was very hard for my husband and I because our last name starts with an S and is one syllable. Only a few names sound good and it was challenging finding TWO boy names for both boys that we liked AND that didn''t remind us of someone we didn''t want to be reminded of OR that had religious significance! We''re happy with our choices and Ryan and Dylan seem to be happy too! No weird, hard to spell or pronounce names
2.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara,
I was thinking about the same thing about Jessica, very common plus, there''s that association with Jessica Simpson!
I don''t like Julia at all, I like Juliana better, but even then I don''t like it as much.
I know Emily is extremely popular. Two co-workers chose it as their baby names within the past year, but for some reason, I just don''t like it.

I have noticed that I like names that end with an "a" or "i".

also, I was never really into meanings of names, just more into the sound of the name and how well it sounds with my last name.
A name which I have always liked but my husband dislikes is Leilani, which means heavenly flower in hawaiian. Why I know that, I don''t know.

A coworker of mine just had a baby girl on July 3rd and told everyone she was going to name the baby Jamaris
32.gif
! Well, she didn''t name the baby that, but I don''t know if I like name she chose any better- Jayleece.

As far as Dylan, my nephew is named Zachary Dylan and I really like the way it sounds on him!

2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe it''s the area I live in, but I have never known one parent name their baby Emily! And I rarely meet people with that name, and I am in sales and speak to alot of different people! So for me it''s more of a unique but still old-fashioned name. I always liked Emily Rose.

I actually really like the name Dylan, I just think it''s funny that I know so many kids with it around here and one day they will all be schooling together practically...Ethan is another popular one now around here.

I love the name Julian, I used to have a big crush on the Julian character in the Flowers in the Attic books, he was a bad boy but in my young teen years I was sure he was ''misunderstood''...hah! So for my Confirmation name I chose Juliana.

Now I have a big crush on Julian McMahon (from Charmed and from Fantastic Four) so I still love the name. It sounds fabulous with our last name too.
31.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Butterfly17: I actually always love ''Maya'' (pronounced mah-yah) and ''laya'' (no..no association to star wars!) but i always thought they had a soft ''ring'' to them...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results