shape
carat
color
clarity

Houston we have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My date is NOT the Friday of Memorial Day weekend like the site coordinator told me it was. My date is 5/29/09, I just learned that the Friday of MDW is 5/23/09. She assumed that MDW was the last weekend in May like usual, but it''s not, it''s the second to last weekend. I don''t know what I''m going to do. When I booked the place 2 months ago, the weekend was already booked up (with people who I''m assuming thought it was MDW). So now the actual weekend MUST be booked.

WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and as if the night couldn''t get any worse, the Pats just ate it. So now I have the wrong wedding date AND a PO''d FI!

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
thats crazy that lady better figure out something to do she really messed up

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oh, man. So sorry.

How serious is it? maybe it''s the sort of thing where you should just decide to take a deep breath and not worry about it?
33.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord, HH, I cannot believe that happened!!! Ugh! Did she tell you the 23rd was already taken? I assume the Saturdays of both weekends are taken? If they are taken, do you think you''ll switch venues.

Learning this the same day the Pats lose the superbowl is a double whammy--needless to say, our household isn''t a very happy one right now, either. So sorry, I hope you guys can figure it out very soon.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to call the coordinator this morning. Hopefully we''ll be able to straighten it out without too much headache.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is a hard one.. I hope that you and the vendor can work something out.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
HH, If she booked the wrong date and that venue is is already booked, maybe they can help you find another venue?

I know it is not the same, when I had an event booked at a hotel, and our date could not be moved, the hotel helped us find a new venue (a sister hotel) and we got a discount on the venue fees for our event.... Of course it wasn''t as nice of a venue, but it saved us thousands.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there will still be availability at the venue, I''m just not sure that the Friday of Memorial Day weekend will be available. The need for a long weekend is due to several things starting with my brother and sister in law coming from Cali.

I''m still waiting for her to call.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Poor You! Keep us posted...

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I know this sucks at the moment, but I say just go with it! I don''t want this to sound critical of you -- I understand you are trying to do the right thing for everyone, but I''m just suggesting that there might be a silver lining. As a frequent guest of weddings and other family events that have been planned over long weekends, supposedly for the guests'' convenience, I am of the opinion that planning an event for a holiday weekend (unless it is specifically in celebration of that holiday!) causes more problems than it solves. Generally you end up taking a day off to travel anyway, esp. if the event is on Friday and requires cross-country travel. Everything seems to be more crowded and more expensive, no matter how you travel or where you are going. Plus, then you''ve given up one of the days you would have had off from school/work regardless of whether it was someone''s celebration. I''ve done this for New Years, Fourth of July, Labor Day, and have another one this Memorial Day. They were, for the most part, lovely events, but I was much more relaxed for those weddings/events where we didn''t have to fight holiday traffic or deal with holiday crowds when we got there (or, the converse, deal with all the local businesses being closed b/c of the holiday). Just some things to think about -- it could be a blessing in disguise.

That said, if they booked the wrong date and you have spent money on things that now can''t be used because they have another date on them, I would try to make them discount the cost of the venue to compensate you for having to re-do things.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope that she gets back to you soon! That would be rubbish if you got the wrong date! Keeping my fingers crossed that she can do something for you.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Did you need a holiday weekend because your wedding wasn''t going to be on Saturday and you didn''t want guests to have to take extra days off work? If there is no long weekend available, maybe she could give you a non-saturday rate on a saturday. But if your original date was a Saturday and you still need a long weekend, then that won''t work
40.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
oh so sorry you are dealing with this. i agree with enbcfsobe though. it might be a blessing in disguise. we also we debating about whether or not to have our wedding memorial day weekend or before. it turns out that the rates for the hotels are cheaper before the memorial day weekend and plus since there will be some driving for most of our guests (some about 1-1.5 hour), the traffic will be much better during a non holiday weekend. i would imagine that airfare is also cheaper.

hopefully your vendor can do the right thing and either help you find a new location if it turns out their schedule won't be able to accommodate you or they can find a date for you their and "do the right thing" and comp you on some things that you need for the wedding if they are the ones that messed things up.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH, I''m confused...how did the wrong date get booked? Didn''t you give her the date that you needed? Or did you just say memorial day weekend?
33.gif

Either way, sorry that you''re stressed about this.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG, I didn''t have a calendar with holidays that projected into 2009 and my mother mentioned that it was the last weekend in May every year. However Memorial Day is actually the last MONDAY in May so the "weekend" can change. The coordinator agreed that it was the last weekend in May and put me in for that date. I''ve since talked with her however and she had discovered her error and penciled us all in for the same nights but the weekend before (so she wouldn''t give those dates away before talking with us). So she had basically already taken care of fixing it for us but hadn''t had time to confirm the new dates. So the good news is we''re all set. Our date is now Friday, May 22, 2009. I''ve confirmed this on a calendar.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, OK HH, GLAD to hear it''s all taken care of.
36.gif
But girlfriend, calendars abound on the internet and such...you should have checked the date!
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
yea yea I''m blonde, leave me alone

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 11:17:12 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
yea yea I''m blonde, leave me alone
LOL...OK, this time I shall...
2.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 8:05:31 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
TG, I didn''t have a calendar with holidays that projected into 2009 and my mother mentioned that it was the last weekend in May every year. However Memorial Day is actually the last MONDAY in May so the ''weekend'' can change. The coordinator agreed that it was the last weekend in May and put me in for that date. I''ve since talked with her however and she had discovered her error and penciled us all in for the same nights but the weekend before (so she wouldn''t give those dates away before talking with us). So she had basically already taken care of fixing it for us but hadn''t had time to confirm the new dates. So the good news is we''re all set. Our date is now Friday, May 22, 2009. I''ve confirmed this on a calendar.
So the day is the same it''s just the DATE that''s changed? You haven''t sent out STDs yet right? No harm no foul, hopefully!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it''s still the Friday if Memorial Day weekend, but this time it''s actually MDW. No STDs had been created or sent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results