shape
carat
color
clarity

Houston Shootings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
The sex offender thread got me thinking about everything that has happened around Houston lately. We haven''t had many children go missing, but lots of young women have recently, and either not turned up or found after dying.

And then to wake up this morning, and find out that there were 5 shootings in Houston from midnight to 6 in the morning, and 4 of them were fatal. What the heck is going on??

Is anyone else seeing more violence in your city?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is horrible! I know I''ve heard of increased bank robberies, as well as attempted kidnappings from schools. 3 or 4 in the past month alone! Arizona.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Anecdotally I''ve certainly heard about more violence. I''ve also seen several articles discussing that as the recession continues, and more people get laid off and desperate and/or depressed, violence is likely to increase. Seems logical to me, if very sad.

I think that violent crime is a really unfortunate but inescapable fact of life in America. Many people have different ideas on how to stop it (gun control, stricter penalties), and I''m certainly not qualified to say which one is right (though I have my own opinions). But in any case, it is extremely tragic and my heart goes out all those affected.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see any violence where I live but my nephew who lived a couple of miles away got into trouble a couple of weeks ago. He borrowed some money from a man he met in a pub (I know - silly boy) and when he didn''t pay it back in time the man and some friends went to his house and smashed it up with baseball bats. They would have beaten or killed my nephew if he hadn''t been out at the time.

My nephew has had to move 300 miles away for his own safety.

I hate the way the world is. If I didn''t have children I would think twice about having any. Whats it going to be like for them when they grow up?
7.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I strongly believe it has a great deal to do with the current state of the world....people feeling hopeless, scared, alone, isolated and turning to violence out of their frusteration.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
The crimes being committed in and around the city of Detroit are very disturbing. There have been LOADS of reports of bodies being dumped in abandoned houses after being brutally attacked... Yesterday there was an 82 year old man who was beaten to a bloody pulp in his own home... They couldn't even identify him by his face. What the hell is wrong with people?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 6:58:31 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I strongly believe it has a great deal to do with the current state of the world....people feeling hopeless, scared, alone, isolated and turning to violence out of their frusteration.
Italia, I could totally understand this... but the recession hasn't even really hit Houston yet. Housing prices haven't dropped around here yet, and compared to the workforce, the layoffs have been very minimal.

Two of these shooting were completely pointless.
1. 3 guys go into tattoo parlor at 3 this morning, and for some reason the artist was shot. No money stolen, no outward clues, they think that there was just an arguement, and they shot him. Then they left him there to die. Some other patron that were coming to get tattoos come in about 15 minutes later and saw him on the ground. I mean not even fist punches anymore... straight to guns??

2. This is the weird one... 6 Bounty hunters, yes 6, go to a house at like 2 this morning, pounding on the doors and trying to force their way inside. Well, the man inside shoots out his front door, hitting a bounty hunter, nbut not killing him. The police arrive, after the man inside had called them like 15 minutes earlier. This man, his wife, and son, were not who the bounty hunters were searching for. The guy that skipped court had given them an old address!!! Since when do Bounty Hunters have the right to try and break into your house in the middle of the night!! Can you imagine what might have happened to this dad if the hunters had gotten in, and couldn't tell that he wasn't the right guy?? He could have been beaten for no reason.

It's like everything just centers around extreme violence now.
38.gif

Maise: I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. Did the entire family have to move, or jsut the son?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 4:50:23 PM
Author:meresal
The sex offender thread got me thinking about everything that has happened around Houston lately. We haven''t had many children go missing, but lots of young women have recently, and either not turned up or found after dying.

And then to wake up this morning, and find out that there were 5 shootings in Houston from midnight to 6 in the morning, and 4 of them were fatal. What the heck is going on??

Meresal,

Have you heard about the women bandits who are going around robbing other women? They attacked a woman in a Hobby Lobby parking lot and beat her up until she gave them her purse. They are driving a white and/or tan Corolla.

Nobody is safe anymore!

Lori, Katy, TX

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 6:53:24 PM
Author: Maisie
I don''t see any violence where I live but my nephew who lived a couple of miles away got into trouble a couple of weeks ago. He borrowed some money from a man he met in a pub (I know - silly boy) and when he didn''t pay it back in time the man and some friends went to his house and smashed it up with baseball bats. They would have beaten or killed my nephew if he hadn''t been out at the time.

My nephew has had to move 300 miles away for his own safety.

I hate the way the world is. If I didn''t have children I would think twice about having any. Whats it going to be like for them when they grow up?
7.gif
Oh Maisie....I''ve got chills thinking about this.....how scary!!!

Lori

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 2:34:26 AM
Author: loriken214

Date: 4/8/2009 4:50:23 PM
Author:meresal

Meresal,

Have you heard about the women bandits who are going around robbing other women? They attacked a woman in a Hobby Lobby parking lot and beat her up until she gave them her purse. They are driving a white and/or tan Corolla.

Nobody is safe anymore!

Lori, Katy, TX
Are you kidding me?? I missed the local news last night??

This is seriously ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results