shape
carat
color
clarity

House Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Someone suggested I break off and start a new thread. It's definitely a work in progress, but I'll be leaving my job next month so hopefully everything will all come together.

The entire downstairs is pretty much a work in progress. These were all taken about a month ago, I had to show my parents. The kitchen got flipped with the family room. The cabinetry is all Wood-Mode cabinetry. I'm in the trade, but usually you have to get it from a designer of some sorts. The second best option would be KraftMaid. I gotta run but I'll post more later.

housepic2.jpg

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
YOU MUST POST DETAILS ABOUT YOUR HOME!!!! IT''S AMAZING...granite type, paint colors, etc....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto... Please tell..
36.gif
36.gif

I would especially like to know your kitchen cabinets type.. color, make.... I Love the look of your home.

I am in the area.... Where did you get those beautiful window treatements??? Sorry -

I feel like I have my tounge hanging out waiting for your response.
20.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous home, Penn!!!

Cant wait to see more pics/here more about it!!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
oh it looks beautiful!! agreed: we need details!
35.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
32.gif

I''ve heard this is how drug dealers do it...

"Your first one is free"

One pic is NEVER enough when the goods are that good! More pics please!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous house, you have to post more pics. Are you a U of P grad?? My daughter is a sophmore there.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Nope- Not yer She said she had to run... hopefully we didn''t scare her off.....

Is this not a gorgeous house... I am about 30 minutes away from her area. It looks like new construction - which
there is so much of in this area.

I love what she has done so far.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Master Bedroom

master.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Guest Bedroom

guestbedroom.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Home Theatre

home theatre.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
What will be the living room

livingrooom1.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Bath

fullbath1.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Another Bath

guestbath.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Master Bath

masterbath1.jpg

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
What do you do and when can I have your job????? Kidding...BUT in all honesty, your house is amazing!!! I love the floors and the paints on the walls...what colors did you paint on your walls?

LOVE IT

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great house, thanks for the extra pics!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! That house is fantastic! It has everything! Congratulations!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
First, I''m a guy, not a girl. :) I take it that most of the posters here are ladies? As I posted in the other thread, I moved here with my partner, he''s pediatric cards fellow at Penn. I work for Toll Brothers, which is a home builder, but I''m leaving my job next month because I''m in a masters program at Penn AND we''re having twins in May, but I think she''s gonna pop in April. I graduate in May and the plans are for me to stay home for a few years. Who knows?

Kaleigh, I completed my BA in chemistry and math at Tulane. The father isn''t pleased with my decision to become a teacher, but he''ll get over it. I originally intended to attend medical school like my dad, but I had to forge my own path and I love the feeling of being in the classroom and learning new things AND I love kids so it''s the best of both worlds.

The house is right at 5000 sq ft (4987). And I''ll be honest, my dad gave us the down payment. Plus, it helped that I went to college on scholarship so what my parents saved up for my education is mine.

All of the floors are Brazilian Cherry from Mohawk. The carpet is also from Mohawk.

The paint is all from Benjamin Moore. Of all of the finishes, I think paint is the most important, don''t go cheap on the paint, you''ll regret it! The color of the kitchen, dining, living, and family rooms is Blond Wood. The master bedroom is painted in Barely Beige. The master bath is paint in Whitall Brown. The guest bedroom is painted in Twilight Gold. The home theatre is painted in Chicago Blues I *think*, I did not choose that color because I don''t really care much for that particular room. The light blue in the guest bath is called Dolphin''s Cove. There are some rooms that aren''t picture for various reasons and they are all painted in Blond Wood, it is the main color of the entire house.

The cabinets are Wood-Mode which interior and kitchen designers sale. It''s custom cabinetry. I think the main door style is called Renaissance. And the main finish is dark cherry. The island is the same thing but the added a bead board type insert. That wasn''t my idea. The appliances are by Thermador.

I think I answered everything? Ohh, and it''s 5 bd, 4.5 baths.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, congrats on the beautiful house and becoming a teacher! Oh and yay for the twins!!! Thanks for sharing!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you and your partner, you have achieved so much!! I'm sure many happy memories are ahead for the twins in this gorgeous house. Your Dad will come around, you need to do what is right for you. Can I ask one more question, CHOP or HUP?? I'm not usually this nosy, just love both...

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

What a beautiful home! I love the details and the floors. Also, your driveway is amazing.

Yup, majority female here, but there are definately some guys too. How cool that your parents let you have the college money they saved as a downpayment since you got scholarships.

Kids are amazing and you and your partner are going to have 2 at once! Better watch out with your plan to stay home. I too am college educated and had started on my masters when I had my first child. I had planned on going right back to grad school and only take a semester off but I ended up never going back. My husband had just finished his medical training when we had the baby and was still in training when I got pregnant. One day I will go back.

I hiope your surrogate has an easy and healthy pregnancy. And enjoy your new home. It really is incredible.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
OMG! pennquaker09,

I Love your home, I am GREEN with Envy!
emotion-41.gif

Poor DH was just dragged in and shown your living room (mmmmhh panelling and your master bath mmmmhhhh and the home cinema mhhhh)

How do you get the ideas for the rooms? Please share. I am building next year and am driving myself demented trying to get ideas so as to create your type of style. It is so difficult.
39.gif

Well Done.

ETA: Thanks Skippy, just saw 'em! Mhhhhhh

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
pennquak, i echo everyone in saying it''s a gorgeous dream home!! And congrats on all the big milestones you''re about to hit at once! :))

i''m curious about how foreclosure works, sounds like some real bargains out there? we''re still in the market for a home, so maybe that''s not a bad route--your home is just beautiful.

thanks for posting all the pics!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful house PennQuaker! Congrats on the masters program, house, and twins!! I''m green with envy over the twins part...
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking!!! What a lovely home! I crave your large master bath. I''d love a huge soak tub like yours.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG what a beautiful home. I love it. Congratulations to you and your partner. Like Kaleigh said, your dad will come around. Please just concentrate your your career, your partner and your beautiful twins that will be arriving. You and your family are what is most important.

Linda

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
wow that is a beautiful house...Congratulations to you and your partner on the wonderful house, amazing careers (just think how much good you both do with one of you as a doctor and one of you as a teacher!) and your upcoming twins - what a blessing. Ditto Linda - your father will come around, he loves you and I'm sure he wants you to be happy and productive. My dad is still smarting that I turned down Harvard for grad school, almost 4 years later, but they do get over it.

Thank you for sharing pictures
1.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
You... have a movie theater. Not like, a room with a TV, but a theater.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results