shape
carat
color
clarity

hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone else had this problem- I contacted niceice via hotmail. Apparently he''s getting my emails but I am not getting his replies. How do I fix this. I swear it''s not the filters...
sad.gif

Lisa

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
If you really want to know, I can check if they've been RBL'd (realtime black hole -- it means the server which handles their mail has a numerical address which someone thinks is spamming or is /close/ to an IP address which someone thinks is spamming). If that's the case, a lot of mail servers will drop the connection and you'll never see the mail at all, even if you don't have client-side spam filtering turned on. It's also possible that their mail server is misconfigured in some way, and that will get their mail dropped some places as well (because spammers try to hide information by misconfiguring or are incompetent).

I hate to say it, but the real solution is not to use Hotmail. If they're on a big RBL list, this might not help, but try Yahoo mail or Gmail (I have invitations, if you need). I'd try to debug the mail setup, but they haven't asked me to
1.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, get off Hotmail. MS ruined it ever since they bought it so many years ago. Yahoo offers 100MB now for free.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info!
Lisa

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
I forgot the exact number but to catchup with the rest Hotmail will soon offer 250mb (or 100mb) storage space. COMING SOON they said.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I just miraculously got 2 emails from niceice today wed. sent on mon. How is that possible? Can't be a time zone thing as I live in CA. Can you tell I'm computer challenged?
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Our email seems to be floating through a Black Hole of some sort because while Lisa was the first person to tell us that she hadn't received email from us this week, she has since not been the last... Strangely enough, it seems like our email is arriving 24 - 48 hours after we initiate a response! How scary is that?!?! Needless to say that our internet host is scrubbing their server to determine what the problem might be because we're losing our minds! Everybody familiar with us knows that we practically sit on top of our email, we're known for our fast response time and this is stressing us out to no end! Sorry for the hassle and the delay folks, we're trying to resolve the issue ASAP!
eek.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
9 times out of 10 these types of delays are due to a misconfigered or overloaded spam filter on the recieving end.
The spam filter software makers have been scrambling lately to keep up and a lot of crap code has gotten released and in production.
Email is a mess right now accross the internet.

Hotmail just switched spam filter vendors and is in the process of switching over to the new package.
Expect delays for a few weeks while they sort it out.
MS does not have the technical know how to run a large scale operation like hotmail and is always messing it up.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/1/2004 10:41:57 AM niceice wrote:

Strangely enough, it seems like our email is arriving 24 - 48 hours after we initiate a response! How scary is that?!?!
eek.gif
----------------
That is horrible! In a business when answers are expected in minutes to hours 48 hours is excruciating.

I have been experimenting for the last week with a new Gmail account, courtesy of an invite from a PS member, I love it. If you want you can set up your current name to autoforward every thing to your gmail account, then you don't have to go through the trauma of changing your email name.

So far the only down point I can give it is the lack of ability to personalize the dictionary for spellchecking, but I am sure that will be coming soon. That is more than made up for by the instant searches that I am using even after only a week.

Wink

squares

Rough_Rock
I sent you a PM about gmail. I too am stuck on hotmail which is awful and am horribly desperate to get into gmail!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you read the aup and policies of gmail???
Anyone that uses it for business purpases is opening themselves to getting sued under gmail's current rules.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results