shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would just like to make it known here that tonight as I read chapter IV of The Hobbit to my 7-year-old daughter (who is LOVING it so far) I used my best Donald Trump impression for the part of the nasty Great Goblin. She thought it was hilarious, for different reasons than I, and we were both laughing our heads off. Times like these you’ve gotta find humor where you can.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF This is the part that gave me an "Aha" moment: Science has shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening. A 2008 study in the journal Science found that conservatives have a stronger physiological reaction to startling noises and graphic images compared to liberals. A brain-imaging study published in Current Biology revealed that those who lean right politically tend to have a larger amygdala — a structure that is electrically active during states of fear and anxiety. And a 2014 fMRI study found that it is possible to predict whether someone is a liberal or conservative simply by looking at their brain activity while they view threatening or disgusting images, such as mutilated bodies. Specifically, the brains of self-identified conservatives generated more activity overall in response to the disturbing images.

These brain responses are automatic and not influenced by logic or reason. As long as Trump continues to portray Muslims and Hispanic immigrants as imminent threats, many conservative brains will involuntarily light up like light bulbs being controlled by a switch. Fear keeps his followers energized and focused on safety. And when you think you’ve found your protector, you become less concerned with offensive and divisive remarks.
[/QUOTE]

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1151241622744682496

Here is a good example of feeding fear. Listening to this president, you would think there is no hope for our country. Heap on another dose of Hannity and Fox News and the amygdala would be firing at an awesome rate.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Washington Post is reporting The Trump administration plan changes to citizenship test.

How about we pass a law that states the President needs to pass the citizenship test immediately before being sworn and we all get to watch him take the test and see his answers in real time.

I think it’s a pretty safe bet Trump couldn’t pass the test.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our president should be required to pass the citizenship test. My guess is past Democratic Presidents could pass the test.

Trump cancels appearance at the NAACP National Convention in Detroit.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure Trump could pass the citizenship test even better than it's ever been passed before, because he’s the greatest citizen who ever citizened in the U.S. Oh, and he’d hire his own proctor, and if by chance he still couldn’t pass, he’d just lie and say he did (150%!!!) anyway.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a pretty safe bet Trump couldn’t pass the test.
I did, :praise: but this was 42 yrs ago. I probably would flunk the test today. :shhh:. The immigration officer asked me like 18-20 Qs :o and I answered every one of them correctly. She almost made me sing the Star-Spangled Banner. :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most adult Americans can't pass the citizenship test so that's hardly a referendum on Trump. In fact, old people score the best and of those under 45 only 19% can pass.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...-3-americans-wouldnt-pass-us-citizenship-test

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/most-us-would-fail-u-s-citizenship-test-survey-finds-n918961
I think it depends on your age. They seem to take it easy on the elderly. My dad didn't apply for citizenship till he was like 62 yrs old. He said the immigration officer only asked him like 5 easy Qs.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on your age. They seem to take it easy on the elderly. My dad didn't apply for citizenship till he was like 62 yrs old. He said the immigration officer only asked him like 5 easy Qs.
The study was done on native born citizens not immigrants, the old ones answered 74% correctly, the young ones not so much. ;)2

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The study was done on native born citizens not immigrants, the old ones answered 74% correctly, the young ones not so much. ;)2

This is what we get for putting so much emphasis on STEM education at elementary and secondary school at the expense of other important courses, particularly civics. It's really a shame. (And I say this as a math teacher.)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I thought you meant Alcoholics Anonymous, who knows if black Americans will vote for Trump or whomever the democrats pick, it's too early to say. Trump's employment numbers sucked, wages continue to grow due to low unemployment, the wall isn't built, infrastructure sucks, our standing in the world is at an all time low, Trump draws lines on maps and embarrasses himself royally, BAU, we shall see who votes for him in 2020, hopefully no one.

More bad news for the Dems. AA will reward Trump with more votes in 2020. W/o minority votes the D party is done.

More fake news from CNN?
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/economy/black-unemployment-rate/index.html

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we shall see who votes for him in 2020, hopefully no one.
Then you better hope for our economy to collapse within the next 14 months.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More bad news for the Dems. AA will reward Trump with more votes in 2020.

LOL I thought you meant Alcoholics Anonymous....

Nah. The preamble states that "A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes." :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did, :praise: but this was 42 yrs ago. I probably would flunk the test today. :shhh:. The immigration officer asked me like 18-20 Qs :o and I answered every one of them correctly. She almost made me sing the Star-Spangled Banner. :bigsmile:
its not that hard
everything i know about American comes from being a Bruce Springsteen fan and i can pass all the tests i have ever tried on the internet
sometimes its an educated guess but its not like ive studied or been educated in America
it was pretty bad when the President didn't even know he was the president of Puerto Rico
i find the whole Trump thing hard because im a life time conservative voter and he is the worst example of a conservative politician anywhere
except remember he was never a politician until he moved into the white house
he has no understanding of how diplomacy or international relations work let alone trade

anyway i don't come here to talk politics :whistle:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Says a guy who doesn't read anything but Fox and Wall Street Journal (maybe).. collapse? get on the planet.

Then you better hope for our economy to collapse within the next 14 months.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9E5D2E7E-831E-4FAF-9E68-8D512D834E7D.png These are mostly 5th Grade questions, but still fun!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now people are being punished for saying that Trump was wrong when he said Alabama was at risk from Hurricane Dorian. No one is allowed to say the President is wrong, There is no such thing as free speech.

"The hurricane was accelerating away from the Mid-Atlantic coast. In the Bahamas, victims were picking through the devastation. In the Southeast, they were cleaning up debris. And in Washington, President Trump waged war over his forecasting skills.

On Friday, for the sixth straight day, Mr. Trump continued his relentless campaign to prove that he was right when he predicted that Hurricane Dorian could hit Alabama regardless of what the scientists said, a quest that has come to consume his White House and put his veracity to the test.

And once again, Mr. Trump’s government came to his aid. Late Friday afternoon, the parent agency of the National Weather Service issued a statement declaring that its Birmingham, Ala., office was wrong to dispute the president’s warning that Alabama 'will most likely be hit' by the hurricane despite forecasts to the contrary.

'The Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time,' the parent agency, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, said in the statement.

Neither the White House nor NOAA responded to inquiries about whether the statement was issued at the direction of or in consultation with the president’s aides. But it followed a concerted effort by Mr. Trump and his team to use the levers of government to back up a presidential claim that has been widely discredited and ridiculed, including posting outdated weather maps and having his homeland security adviser issue a statement backing him."

Link...https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/us/politics/trump-alabama-dorian.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. God.

Screenshot 2019-09-08 at 11.56.43 AM.png Screenshot 2019-09-08 at 11.56.00 AM.png

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump Diverts US Military Flights To Kuwait To His Scotland Property

This is, actually, the most brazen thing Trump has done. As one observer said, he has turned the White House into an ATM machine. The worst aspect to it is that he may have gotten the cooperation of the military in his corrupt plan, something no other president ever managed to do (as news commentators are constantly pointing out).

He has been having US military flights bound for Kuwait refueled at a tiny airport that he needs to stay open (and that has been threatened with closure) in Scotland if guests are to be able to go to his golf course there. And while the crew is there, they must stay in his hotel, which they cannot afford on their per diem. When interviewed, crew members spoke of how ill at ease they felt there!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/us/politics/military-stopover-trump-turnberry.html

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now people are being punished for saying that Trump was wrong when he said Alabama was at risk from Hurricane Dorian. No one is allowed to say the President is wrong, There is no such thing as free speech.

We have learned that is is illegal to publish /broadcast a false weather report in the midst of the discussion over Trump and his insistence that Alabama was going to be hit by Hurricane Dorian.
Professionals who work for the weather service have pointed out that when people prepare for hurricanes there are sometimes casualties, as there were as people prepared for Dorian. People fall off ladders and off roofs boarding up their homes. Making an area prepare for a hurricane if it is not threatened should not be taken lightly. Therefore, what president Trump did was not simply to tell a harmless lie.

Now it has been uncovered that Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross threatened to fire government employees who didn't give the president cover with his lies.

"WASHINGTON — The Secretary of Commerce threatened to fire top employees at NOAA on Friday after the agency’s Birmingham office contradicted President Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian might hit Alabama, according to three people familiar with the discussion.

That threat led to an unusual, unsigned statement later that Friday by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration disavowing the office’s own position that Alabama was not at risk. The reversal caused widespread anger within the agency and drew criticism from the scientific community that NOAA, a division of the Commerce Department, had been bent to political purposes."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/climate/hurrican-dorian-trump-tweet.html

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the Kafkaesque world of the USA government, you never thought you'd see it, read about it, or even dream it, but here were are..

from wiki:

Franz Kafka (1883-1924) was a Czech-born German-language writer whose surreal fiction vividly expressed the anxiety, alienation, and powerlessness of the individual in the 20th century. Kafka's work is characterized by nightmarish settings in which characters are crushed by nonsensical, blind authority. Thus, the word Kafkaesque is often applied to bizarre and impersonal administrative situations where the individual feels powerless to understand or control what is happening.

We have learned that is is illegal to publish /broadcast a false weather report in the midst of the discussion over Trump and his insistence that Alabama was going to be hit by Hurricane Dorian.
Professionals who work for the weather service have pointed out that when people prepare for hurricanes there are sometimes casualties, as there were as people prepared for Dorian. People fall off ladders and off roofs boarding up their homes. Making an area prepare for a hurricane if it is not threatened should not be taken lightly. Therefore, what president Trump did was not simply to tell a harmless lie.

Now it has been uncovered that Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross threatened to fire government employees who didn't give the president cover with his lies.

"WASHINGTON — The Secretary of Commerce threatened to fire top employees at NOAA on Friday after the agency’s Birmingham office contradicted President Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian might hit Alabama, according to three people familiar with the discussion.

That threat led to an unusual, unsigned statement later that Friday by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration disavowing the office’s own position that Alabama was not at risk. The reversal caused widespread anger within the agency and drew criticism from the scientific community that NOAA, a division of the Commerce Department, had been bent to political purposes."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/climate/hurrican-dorian-trump-tweet.html

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now he's turning away hurricane victims from the bahamas because some are "gang members and Very bad people."

Dumb as F***

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results