shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Man, the honeymoon planning is my new headache.

I can''t make a decision to save my life.

Originally we weren''t even going to have a honeymoon--we were having a 4 day destination wedding in Jamaica--so funds were tight.

His family just generously offered us money for the honeymoon. So now we are planning away.

We were looking at staying at Playacar Palace in Mexico (all inclusive)

but with everything going on in Mexico we figured we needed to look at other options.

We thought about staying in Jamaica--but decided against that.

He really wants hawaii--but I think the cost of the flight is ridiculous.

So now I''m thinking a cruise would be our best bet--because I can''t decide on an Island---I figured a cruise would take us to several places.

Any suggestions on cruise ships? or maybe suggest an island/all inclusive that you''ve stayed at that my sway our decision.

Thanks!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
many of us PS''ers are still going to mexico for our honeymoons and DW.
I myself was thinking about picking another location but asked everyone here their thoughts and the majority said they are still going.
As long as you stay smart and in the resort/tourist area, you will be fine.

CellarDoor

Rough_Rock
I would go with St. Thomas or St. John. They are about twenty minutes apart by ferry - you can also get to the British Virgin Islands by ferry, about thirty minutes from St. Thomas to Tortola, you can get to Jost Van Dyke in about thirty minutes from St. Thomas as well. Virgin Gorda is a bit farther, probably about an hour and a half ferry ride from St. Thomas. I would prefer that over a cruise because you would have more flexibility regarding how you could spend your time. I''m doing my honeymoon that way... 3 days on St. John, 4 on Tortola, 4 on Jost and 2 on St. Thomas, but I may be partial since I have been there before and think that it''s gorgeous. There are also a lot of direct flights into St. Thomas from Atlanta so if you are from the East coast or the Midwest, you can generally leave in the morning and be in St. Thomas by the afternoon.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to St. John for our honeymoon and it was AMAZING.
I would strongly advise against St. Thomas, it''s really not that nice, especially compared to St. John. If you''re looking in that area, stay on St. John and you can always spend a day on St. Thomas if you must. It''s gross, though, really. Totally overrated.

DH has spent a lot of time in Hawaii, and he said it pales in comparison with St. John, for whatever that''s worth.

I don''t really like cruises at all, so I can''t give any advice there.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
We''re looking at Bora bora lagoon resort and spa
1.gif

You get:

Five-nights accommodations
Refreshing welcome beverage on arrival
Tahitian-style “Bed of Flowers” decorating bed on arrival
A bottle of chilled French champagne on arrival day
Daily American buffet breakfast for two in Otemanu Restaurant
A 50 minute Traditional Polynesian massage, per person (cannot be applied to couples massage).
Breakfast delivered via canoe on one morning during stay for Overwater or End of Pontoon Bungalows; Motu, One Bedroom Motu Suite, the Villa receives room service delivery.
Bora Bora Lagoon Resort & Spa logo gifts of a Pareo for the bride and T-shirt for the groom
One romantic 3-course dinner for two in Otemanu Restaurant; includes appetizer or salad, entrée and dessert, Mouton Cadet Rothschild wine and a bottle of Evian
Motorboat shuttle service between the Resort and Vaitape, Bora Bora (the village)
Use of tennis courts, fitness center and all non-motorized watersports

Resort

CellarDoor

Rough_Rock
Haven - Where in St. Thomas did you stay? I have never actually been to any of the beaches on St. Thomas, I have only gone down the main drag when going from the airport to the ferry on the way to St. John or Tortola. We were originally going to skip St. Thomas altogether, but we''re staying on JVD for the last four days of our honeymoon, and I would rather stay in St. Thomas for a night or two rather than trying to scramble to get on the ferries and to the airport from JVD in one day. Plus I''ve always heard that Magen''s bay is really beautiful and I figure I might as well see it if I''m going all the way down there anyway.

Do you have any advice on what hotels or resorts to avoid?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
What about Costa Rica? It would be close, and it is fantastic. Especially if you are outdoorsy/nature-lovers. You might also want to look into South America. Many of the northern countries are a bit politically unstable, but Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, and Chile are all relatively safe. Even if the flights are a bit more, the exchange rate makes up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results