shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I was set on going to Hawaii for the honeymoon but after checking prices, I''m just not sure I want to spend that much. So I''m trying to think of less expensive options, either in the US or out (preferably out but not sure I''ll find much cheaper).
Any suggestions?

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
well what are you looking for?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mexico, even the higher end resorts, used to be reasonable but I am not sure now.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
budget? activities? level of luxury? AI/non AI? big or small? what''s important to you? in a city or in a quiet area?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, I think it makes sense to think about all of that...and distance too!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
yup, how expensive do you want the flight to be? and how long?

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I guess that was kind of vague
19.gif
. Well, what I don''t want is a place like Ixtapa, Mexico.. nothing to do but lay on the beach. I want somewhere that is warm, has a beach (preferably) and has things to do, a little of everything! Maybe somewhere like Hawaii but cheaper
33.gif

What''s AI?
Budget... well, I expect Hawaii would''ve been $3-$4,000 so less than that! I don''t need a 4 star hotel, we''d be fine w/something smaller, fairly laid-back. Not necessarily bed & breakfast just b/c I''d prefer the privacy but a reasonable room that''s clean, has a kitchen area so we don''t always have to go out to eat, nothing fancy.
Doesn''t need to be a big city but not so small that there''s nothing to do. I would love to go somewhere out of the US but not sure if anywhere is much cheaper. Would be open to coastal areas in the US, I think although I''ve been to most of CA and would rather go somewhere different.
The wedding is Sept. 9th and we''d go right after.
I hope that helps a little more!
Thanks!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:38:47 PM
Author: Diamonds are Hot!
yup, how expensive do you want the flight to be? and how long?
Good questions and not sure. We''ll probably stay a week so not so long that it takes up too much of our trip. I really don''t know how long it takes to get places so it''s hard to answer that question at this point. Right now I''m just searching around a bit so not sure about flight cost but I guess less than Hawaii.. if that helps at all.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
San Diego? Santa Barbara? The water on the pacific coast of the US is rarely warm enough to swim in (yep, the ocean currents suck for california-ites) but there ARE beaches...

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
cabo san lucas is beautiful with so much to do....its scenic too....dreams hotel is ai and the best!!....i don''t know if you want to do carribean....antigua was awesome....lots to do and reminded me of hawaii with its lush mountains and greenery.....turks and caicos was also beautiful...very relaxing....puerto rico is a great place to vacation as well--great food and lots to do

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
What about Costa Rica? There''s a lot more to it than just the beach. Pricing is reasonable.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Where in Hawaii were you looking? We did 2 weeks on 3 islands at NIIIIIIIIIICE hotels for just under $6K and that included airfare from the east coast and everything we did and ate. We went the same time you would be going. Just wondering. I have no other travel experience to offer... sorry!
3.gif

love is in the air

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 1:45:37 PM
Author: IslandDreams
What about Costa Rica? There''s a lot more to it than just the beach. Pricing is reasonable.

you beat me to it as a suggestion! :)

I''m looking into it too as I''ve heard only good things about it.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hijack a bit, but do many americans go to the Cayman Islands on their honeymoon? I was looking at a quick dvd of the islands, and they look fantastic!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your suggestions!

Musey, been to San Diego a few times and many other parts of CA so I''m looking for something different. Maybe the Northern West Coast or East Coast. I''ve barely been to the East Coast at all and don''t know that much about different areas.

NYC, I''ll look into Cabo and the Caribbean although I don''t think I want to go to the Carib. for other reasons. Also, don''t want to go to PR b/c I may be going there at another point.

ID, I will look into Costa Rica too b/c I know little about it also.

Njc, we were thinking of Kauai and Maui, maybe a few days at each or just Kauai. It looks beautiful but I''m just not sure I want to spend so much and I''m sure my FI would prefer to spend less!

Love is in the air, thanks! If you find out good things, please let me know!

Bee, don''t know anything about the Cayman Islands so, sorry can''t help you there.

Does anyone know much about Cozumel? I saw a great offer for 6 days there, all-inclusive under $400 per person. That sure seems cheap or is there a reason it''s that cheap??

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
What about the Florida Keys? They are lots of fun.

One of my favorite Ritzy places is this:
http://www.seaisland.com/

I''m not sure how affordable it is of course. But it sure is sweet.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Have u considered a cruise? If you are going in the summer the prices will be great...i have been to all-inclusive resorts and 2 cruises...IMO the cruise is far superior (in terms of price, food, variety and service) hands-down. You can visit several islands and get a combo of lounging and sight-seeing...i just love that you wake each morning to a new sight, spend the day on an island and then sail to a new locale while you sleep...i didn''t even notice i was on a boat most of the time! Just some food for thought....

let us know what you choose, u have some great suggestions...

niku414

Rough_Rock
Hello :) I'm not sure where you are located ... but I just did a little "vacation package" thingy from expedia... from LAX to HNL and the whole package (including flight and rental car) for Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (4 star)

Total: $2342 for two

Honolulu, HI
City View Check in: 9/10/07
Check out: 9/17/07

not sure how long u want to go for -- i just did a week to get an idea... :)

Anyhow, it's ur honeymoon -- i hope you go somewhere really nice and enjoy yourselves :)

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I did some quick searching online and it seems that Costa Rica, Cozumel and Cabo are all similar to Hawaii rates. Sure, some hotels were a few hundred less but I worry about the ones that are so much less than others. Maybe I''m just not doing enough searching but it doesn''t seem like I''d save that much money with any of those.

Fancy, I hadn''t considered Florida only b/c I''ve been to Miami and Tampa and wanted a state or county (if outside the US) that I''ve never visited. That may not be possible though so I will check out the Keys. It can''t hurt to look!

Jas, I hadn''t considered a cruise. I will have to look into some although I like the idea of being in one place, to get a feel for that location vs. going from one to the next so quickly.

Niku, thanks for checking for me. Unfortunately, we fly out of the Midwest so I think that is part of the problem. $2300 is pretty good for two and I did not find that cheap when I looked! I will check expedia b/c I don''t think I went there yet.

Thank you everyone!! I''m still researching away!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
While you are researching, you may want to check out this site: http://www.tripadvisor.com

But beware--it is almost as addictive as PS. When I first started researching honeymoons, I was on there ALL the time reading reviews of hotels and researching prices and amenities and rooms and everything else you can think of.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Fancy, thanks for the website! I try to remember to use it whenever going somewhere.
Do you have a favorite island in the Florida Keys? What sort of things are there to do there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results