shape
carat
color
clarity

honeymoon spots in sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hey all, We are thinking of marrying in September--what are some great honeymoon destinations for that time of year (something beachy). Thinking it''s hurricane season, so that rules out a lot of the carribbean
7.gif

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
We are also getting married in September and we''re going to the Greek Isles (3 days Santorini, 3 days Mykonos and 4 days Crete with 2 days in Athens). I hear it is lovely that time of the year weatherwise and most of the crowds have died down from the summer tourist rush.

A lot of places in Europe are very nice in September, we had considered Italy as well. Had time permitted, our first choice was actually Australia. There are many islands around the mainland and there''s the great barrier reef and rainforests.

Good luck!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
we are getting married in september also,
pretty sure we are going to do a 4 day "mini-moon" up to Maine to a romantic b&b

and then having our big trip sometime during the winter when the weather is bad here!

we very much want to go to some tropical locale, and that''s the only way we could think to avoid hurricane season.

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That''s a wonderful time of year for Turkey. The beaches in the southern part of the country are absolutely breathtaking. Greece is a nice option - nothing like the island hopping there, and the food is great - and if you''re thinking about that part of the world, what about Croatia? More stunning beaches there.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
How about Mexico or Hawaii? There are several places in Hawaii that have adults only Septembers. Kona Village is one of those places. We''re getting married there and it looks incredibly romantic!
35.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
We are going to Aruba....I know its the Carribbean, but it is actually out of the "hurricane belt," as they say...

Guess we''ll find out...
6.gif
2.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I got married in September 2001, and was planning an all-inclusive in Mexico. We ended up in Catalina Island because of 9/11, but I know the Western side of Mexico should have good weather that time of year.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Sept is a great time to see Europe, and the temps are still wonderful, and the crowds are much better after Labor Day.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
You can always take a shot in the Caribbean. Just get insurance.

Otherwise, my best man went to Greece and surrounding areas in Sept. Loved it. Hawaii and Western side of Mexico are good places to try and avoid hurricanes. Maybe Australia/SE Asia or that region (like the Maldives or Thailand).

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Even if you get insurance for hurricaines, won''t it be a huge bummer to not get to go on that honeymoon when you plan it to occur? I don''t know......

We ended up booking in Aruba as our HM will be first week in Sept also. Feels SO much better knowing we have a great chance of great weather :)

Look on beachdestinations dot com...........they have AMAZING deals right now. I got a 7 night all inclusive 4-star place in Aruba from JFK for $3200 total. Includes xfers. Just didn''t find that on expedia or orbits or with my TA or anywhere else. I''d say grab a deal NOW from there.

FI and I are 30 and 32 and really don''t mind (anymore....after beign realistic on our budget) that we don''t get to stay at a 5-star property........in fact, this trip will probably be the most expensive/luxirious one we''ve ever taken so we are so PSYCHED.

Let me know if you find anything good :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results