shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon resorts - opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
FI and I had planned on staying at the Sandals Grande St. Lucia, but because of airline cancellations, we can''t do that anymore. (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/honeymoon-woes.86469/)
39.gif

Since we had also considered Riviera Maya originally, our travel agent offered the following resorts as options. A lot of travel sites are blocked from my work so I can''t look them up right now, but I was wondering if anyone had opinions? Thoughts? Advice? Help, please!
33.gif

Assuming prices are similar (so take $$$ out of the equation) which of these would you go to?

1. Excellence Isla Mujeres (not on the island, but across from it, same quite resort feel as the Riviera Maya) Room category is a 2 story roof top terrace suite with you own private hydro massage pool on the terrace. Suite is 807 sq ft. 8 different restaurants to choose from. Honeymooners will also receive---- fresh fruit, and sparkling wine, rose petals on bed, turndown service, 1 champagne breakfast in bed, 15% discount on all spa treatments. It is an Adult only resort ---- beautiful beach, brand new resort that just opened in Nov. of last year. This is all inclusive, includes transfers, tips, and taxes.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Iberostar Grand ---- On the Riviera Maya
Room Category --- Junior Suite Oceanfront w/ Concierge/Butler service --- all inclusive, includes transfer, tips and taxes. Again on a beautiful beach, but they do not offer and additional amenities for honeymooners. You will get a free round of golf, because you are staying more than 5 nights. There are 5 restaurants. This is an Adults only property as well, and you have exchange privileges at the Iberostar Maya, and Lindo (meaning you can eat in their restaurants, however the people staying at the other two resorts are not allowed to come onto the Grand''s property.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. Secrets Capri ---- Riviera Maya
Room Category---- Junior Suite Oceanview ---- all inclusive, adults only, good beach. As honeymooners you will get a welcome letter, fresh fruit, and sparkling wine, and 1 Champagne breakfast. There is a complementary shuttle that takes you Playa Del Carmen twice daily.

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Are any of them part of Palace Resorts? We are staying at Le Blanc in Cancun. It is part of the Palace chain. I think they have a policy where you can stay hang out at any of their resorts. That is cool. We booked our trip based on personal reviews on Trip Advisor. Looks like Excellence has great reviews

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! That''s the one we ended up with!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Are you talking about Excellence Playa Mujeres? If so, that''s where FI and I booked our honeymoon...it looks beautiful!!!
1.gif
We will be there July 21st-28th....CAN''T WAIT!!!!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results