shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon Question.. Gulf Shores, AL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and I are considering Gulf Shores for our honeymoon. We''re paying for it ourselves so we''re on a strict budget. We''re looking for inexpensive hotels on or near the beach. I can''t even find a website with an option of a "beachfront" search. If you can help me in any way, or if you''ve stayed in Gulf Shores, please let me know if you know of any place that would be good for us. Thank you.

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
Google Meyer Real Estate. They rent out condos, which are abundant on the Alabama Coast and FL. We spend a long weekend every year in Perdido Key and have always have great service. They have an office in Gulf Shores that is open 24 hours and two other ones that have limited hours in Orange Beach and Perdido. I really can''t recall too many hotels in the area.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 5:31:36 PM
Author: doxiemom
Google Meyer Real Estate. They rent out condos, which are abundant on the Alabama Coast and FL. We spend a long weekend every year in Perdido Key and have always have great service. They have an office in Gulf Shores that is open 24 hours and two other ones that have limited hours in Orange Beach and Perdido. I really can''t recall too many hotels in the area.

my FBIL and FSIL both live in pensacola, fl. last time we went to visit, we went to perdido key which i really loved (my fav beach spot we visited on the trip)! it''s not as "touristy" as gulf shores---more just condos & beach. depends on what you''re looking for but i thought i''d throw in my 2 cents.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
lu-

we are open to florida also. we''re from louisiana so we were just trying to keep it close because of gas money and all. do you remember where you stayed?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 12:04:23 AM
Author: ArtistJess
lu-

we are open to florida also. we''re from louisiana so we were just trying to keep it close because of gas money and all. do you remember where you stayed?

well, we stayed at FBIL''s apartment. want me to call and see if the couch is available??
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
but like doxiemom said there were mostly rental condos in the perdido key area. so, look for real estate condo rentals. sorry, i don''t have more info on that--just loved the area--so relaxing!

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
If you just want to be near the water than Gulfport/ Biloxi could be a good option. For beaches definitely go to Gulf Shores or Perdido. The nice thing about the condos there is that you do not have to eat out all the time. Plus they have amenities like full kitchens, washer and dryer, some have pools, hot tubs and work out centers. You can rent Gulf front or off the beach. Lost Key in Perdido is a nice place to stay. It''s on a golf course and the intercoastal waterway. You can see the Gulf from there and it is a very quick drive to the beaches. It is not hard to make a reservation and you can check out what the unit looks like before you book it. Meyer is really good at having pictures of each individual unit they rent out. Plus you can pick the number of rooms you want and the exact floor/condo you want to stay in/on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results