shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon Playa Del Carmen?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msontaratta

Rough_Rock
We are starting to do lots of research towards booking our honeymoon - and have narrowed it down to going to the Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen). Has anyone been there or have any suggestions on hotels/resorts?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We stayed at Iberostar. It was nice and we had a lot of fun. I have a thread on here about it SOME where.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
This past Thanksgiving we stayed at the Grand Palladium for a week. Beautiful beaches. The resort itself was huge so we did a lot of walking.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Do you want AI?

If you want AI and you want to be right in PDC, I recommend The Royal in Playa del Carmen or Playacar Palace, we are getting married at the Royal, it''s a great resort! If you don''t mine being outside a PDC a little check out Royal Hideaway, Secrets Capri and El Dorado Royale...these resorts are all the most upscale AIs in the area.

wendybird

Rough_Rock
AVENTURA SPA PALACE!!! Hands down! We went last year for 7 nights... sigh... so wonderful =o). I also have several documents of tons of research that I did on Playa del Carmen if you want it. i.e. things to do, where to eat, and tips if you''re staying at the Aventura Spa Palace. Just let me know!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 4:19:59 PM
Author: Diamonds are Hot!
Do you want AI?

If you want AI and you want to be right in PDC, I recommend The Royal in Playa del Carmen or Playacar Palace, we are getting married at the Royal, it''s a great resort! If you don''t mine being outside a PDC a little check out Royal Hideaway, Secrets Capri and El Dorado Royale...these resorts are all the most upscale AIs in the area.
I can second the Royal Hideaway. You can usually get your stay for cheaper at skyauction.com

wendybird

Rough_Rock
Also if you''re looking to save money and get VIP treatment... I highly recommend looking at buying someone''s timeshare. Not actually buying a timeshare, but getting it from someone who already owns one. It''s cheaper b/c they already got a good deal & you get better treatment, obviously.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I stayed at the Royal Hideaway a few years ago. The resort was beautiful and the staff catered to our every need. (i.e. At 3am my ex and I were walking around and a staff member asked us if we wanted anything. My ex jokingly responded that he could really go for a burger. When we got back to our room it was waiting for us. We never figured out how they knew what room we were in)

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
i was there several years ago (just prior to the building boom) it was great--close enough to Cancun that you could catch a bus there for a day, but quiter and prettier...can''t remember the name of the resort (it was gorgeous) i''ll try to track it down

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
found it: Gran Porto Real, Resort and Spa...just google it and tons of stuff will come up. (we were there in 2000 so things may have changed, but i thought it was great--a stone''s throw away from the downtown markets, airy, spacious rooms, good food by resort standards, good service)

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I love the Riveria Maya although I like the areas south of PDC better. There is a great website for this area that offers lots of advice and forums. http://locogringo.com/ There are some regular folks on it that are very passionate about the area. They answer questions well.

If you''re willing to go non-AI, there are several fun hotels in the Tulum Beach area. I really liked going to the different restaurants. This one is nice and different:

http://www.locogringo.com/tulum/anayjose.html?name=Ana%20y%20Joses

There are also a couple of AI''s in the Tulum area.

msontaratta

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone for their suggestions. I travel a lot for my job, and I inquired with the travel agency that my company goes through if they could do some research for me. It happens that I have personal benefits to go through them because of my business travel.

They gave me prices on the following hotels that seem reasonable.

Any thoughts?

http://www.secretsresorts.com/capri/

http://www.excellencerivieramaya.com/

http://www.karismahotels.com/doradoroyal/

http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/AventuraSpaPalace/Index.asp

msontaratta

Rough_Rock
WendyBird - I would love to get more information from you regarding the Aventura Spa Palace!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I''m staying at The Royal Playa del Carmen for my honeymoon.. I went to the resort and it''s great!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I have not stayed there, but in January, hubby and I were in Puerton Vallarta, which is a little south of there but INCREDIBLY beautiful!! The prices were extremely reasonable, and from what I understand, it isn''t such a ''party'' scene, a little more laid back. so I guess it depends on the setting you desire.

Mexico is fabulous, I will definately go back again!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I know several people who have had bad experiences with the palace resorts. They mentioned that they were regularly harrassed about purchasing time shares, to the point where they felt very uncomfortable walking around the property. I don''t know if this is a common problem, but I do know more than one couple who have had this compliant. I would definitely research this before I go, especially for something as special as a honeymoon :)

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 5:52:59 PM
Author: sap483
I know several people who have had bad experiences with the palace resorts. They mentioned that they were regularly harrassed about purchasing time shares, to the point where they felt very uncomfortable walking around the property. I don't know if this is a common problem, but I do know more than one couple who have had this compliant. I would definitely research this before I go, especially for something as special as a honeymoon :)

This might be true of a lot of resorts. For our honeymoon in August, we stayed at the Paradisus Riviera Cancun, which is about 25 minutes south of Cancun. It was absolutely gorgeous! We managed to duck and dive the time share folks until the day we were leaving, we we got stopped by three.
1.gif
One of the reasons our travel agent recommended the Paradisus was the food - she said for an all-inclusive, it was very good. I agree, especially the French restaurant.

The only thing about the Paradisus is they allow kids. At first, I was VERY worried, but our travel agent said there wouldn't be many there during the time we went and she was right. The few that were there were very well-behaved.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results