shape
carat
color
clarity

honeymoon: Maui or Kauai???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arnel_Regina

Rough_Rock
Hi Sunkist!

You should try both islands if you can. Both are special in their own ways.

In Kaua''i:
helicopter ride is a must. Out of all the islands, people recommend doing it in Kaua''i.
We just returned from a 9 day vacation in kaua''i and took a boat out to the Na Pali coast...the forbidden coast. It was amazing. We saw dolphins along the way, doing flips and swimming with out boat. We snorkeled right off the steep cliffs...I even saw a turtle and a monk seal. The fishes were amazing.
North shore is nice, go to Tunnels beach for snorkeling. We spent three days there snorkeling. yes three days. We saw little baby turtles (well small compared to the ones we are used to seeing in O''ahu) and tons of fishes. It was amazing...make sure to bring your under water camera. If you''re an experienced diver, you can swim through the lava tubes...or just hang over the coral.
We also did an ATV ride which was cool too. We did a zipline thing..I forget what you call it, but you basically swing from one part of this dense forest to another. that was cool. Stay away from the tubing adventure. It was around 200 bucks and it was real boring for us. I was a bit shocked since it was book 8 days in advance. We were able to get a spot since we had a long stay...but it defintely wasn''t worth it to us. It was too short and not enough rapids.
Check out the forbidden island too: Ni''ihau. If you or your fiance is into diving, that is the place to go.
Waimea canyon - the grand canyon of the pacific: make sure you have enough gas. The view at the end is amazing!!!!! One of most beautiful I have ever seen.

This place also has the wettest spot on earth...I think they usually average over 470 inches of rain per year.

Overall our stay in Kaua''i was amazing. I''m going back.

Mau''i...we have family there and yes it''s more touristy than Kaua''i...but where can you go to check out the sunset at 10,000 feet...it''s cold so bring a sweater...i''m serious. Try buying a package to bike down the mountain. It''s so much fun.
Take the road to Hana and feed the horses.
go snorkeling or diving at molikini (sp?). it''s been awhile since I''ve been there and usually i''m not a tourist since i stay and hang out with family.

But try to go to both. For our next major trip I would like to do one week eachon O''ahu, Kaua''i, Mau''i and Hawai''i. We''ll see how our finances work out.

good luck.

jokerselsa

Rough_Rock
Hi Sunkist,
My husband and I are visiting the Big Island,Maui and Kaui thi Oct.. Both of us have never been to Hawaii
We are staying at Napili Kai resort in west Maui and Whalers Cove in Kaui (Poipu).

Our travel agent recomended some exellent guidebooks called big Island Revealed, Maui Revealed etc. They are written by residents who know the islands. They have been very helpful to us. We ordered them thru Amazon.

I dont know when you are planning on going,but if its after we go I will be happy to share oppinion on the islands when we return.

Which ever one you decide I am sure it will be a wonderful Honeymoon. Congrats!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
We skipped the expensive touristy helicopter ride over Kauai and instead opted to have a private tour in a 4 seater Cessna. It's operated by Wings Over Kauai. www.wingsoverkauai.com We got a extensive personalized tour of Kauai by a very friendly pilot who knows the island inside and out and it was much less expensive than the helicopter ride. He also operated on our schedule and let us agree on a time to leave and what parts of the island we wanted to see. My DH had his pilots license so this tour appealed more to him.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 4:52:53 AM
Author: Arnel_Regina
Hi Sunkist!

You should try both islands if you can. Both are special in their own ways.

In Kaua''i:

helicopter ride is a must. Out of all the islands, people recommend doing it in Kaua''i.

We just returned from a 9 day vacation in kaua''i and took a boat out to the Na Pali coast...the forbidden coast. It was amazing. We saw dolphins along the way, doing flips and swimming with out boat. We snorkeled right off the steep cliffs...I even saw a turtle and a monk seal. The fishes were amazing.

North shore is nice, go to Tunnels beach for snorkeling. We spent three days there snorkeling. yes three days. We saw little baby turtles (well small compared to the ones we are used to seeing in O''ahu) and tons of fishes. It was amazing...make sure to bring your under water camera. If you''re an experienced diver, you can swim through the lava tubes...or just hang over the coral.

We also did an ATV ride which was cool too. We did a zipline thing..I forget what you call it, but you basically swing from one part of this dense forest to another. that was cool. Stay away from the tubing adventure. It was around 200 bucks and it was real boring for us. I was a bit shocked since it was book 8 days in advance. We were able to get a spot since we had a long stay...but it defintely wasn''t worth it to us. It was too short and not enough rapids.

Check out the forbidden island too: Ni''ihau. If you or your fiance is into diving, that is the place to go.

Waimea canyon - the grand canyon of the pacific: make sure you have enough gas. The view at the end is amazing!!!!! One of most beautiful I have ever seen.

This place also has the wettest spot on earth...I think they usually average over 470 inches of rain per year.

Overall our stay in Kaua''i was amazing. I''m going back.

Mau''i...we have family there and yes it''s more touristy than Kaua''i...but where can you go to check out the sunset at 10,000 feet...it''s cold so bring a sweater...i''m serious. Try buying a package to bike down the mountain. It''s so much fun.

Take the road to Hana and feed the horses.

go snorkeling or diving at molikini (sp?). it''s been awhile since I''ve been there and usually i''m not a tourist since i stay and hang out with family.

But try to go to both. For our next major trip I would like to do one week eachon O''ahu, Kaua''i, Mau''i and Hawai''i. We''ll see how our finances work out.

good luck.
Wow Arnel! Lots of great suggestions. We have our place booked and so now I''m planning out our activities. We are definitely into diving and so I appreciate your tips. Thanks!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 9:18:36 AM
Author: jokerselsa
Hi Sunkist,

My husband and I are visiting the Big Island,Maui and Kaui thi Oct.. Both of us have never been to Hawaii

We are staying at Napili Kai resort in west Maui and Whalers Cove in Kaui (Poipu).

Our travel agent recomended some exellent guidebooks called big Island Revealed, Maui Revealed etc. They are written by residents who know the islands. They have been very helpful to us. We ordered them thru Amazon.

I dont know when you are planning on going,but if its after we go I will be happy to share oppinion on the islands when we return.

Which ever one you decide I am sure it will be a wonderful Honeymoon. Congrats!

Oh Cool! I hope you have a wonderful trip, Joker! I''ll look into those guide books and I would LOVE to hear what you think of all the stuff to do there. We won''t be going until the end of November. Have fun!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 1:32:09 PM
Author: pearcrazy
We skipped the expensive touristy helicopter ride over Kauai and instead opted to have a private tour in a 4 seater Cessna. It''s operated by Wings Over Kauai. www.wingsoverkauai.com We got a extensive personalized tour of Kauai by a very friendly pilot who knows the island inside and out and it was much less expensive than the helicopter ride. He also operated on our schedule and let us agree on a time to leave and what parts of the island we wanted to see. My DH had his pilots license so this tour appealed more to him.

oooo, that does sound like fun Pear. We have a friend with a pilot''s lisence who we fly with every now and then, so that may be special for us too. I''m so glad you shared that!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
hi Sunkist! I haven''t been on the past few days so now just catching up on this thread. I LOVE Hawaii. Fiance and I are headed there in December for a vacation. I''ve been to Kauai and Oahu in the past and I def. also recommend the helicopter ride-- the view is GORGEOUS and you really get to appreciate the encompassing natural beauty of that island.

We are hoping to fit in Oahu and Maui on this next trip because I''ve heard tons of good recs for Maui- including that sunset viewing and the bike ride down the mountain someone else mentioned on this thread.

When is your honeymoon? You guys really do have everything planned-- he''s gotta get the proposal out ASAP then.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results