shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon in September- where to go?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

We have been thinking about the honeymoon a lot lately and haven''t been able to decide on anything. i thought maybe you girls might have some ideas! The wedding is in early September so this really eliminates the Caribbean which is really a shame because what sounds good to me now is a nice beach, nice water, yummy drinks, and lots of relaxation. I know September is a great time to travel to Europe but we just went on a trip to Europe about 9 months ago and so we''d like to try something else. I was looking into the South Pacific but it is soooo $$$ - still haven''t totally ruled it out but I wouldn''t want to be thinking about how much everything costs the whole time. So that leaves me with not a lot of ideas....do any of you know a nice, relaxing location with good weather in September?

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
we are getting married in the fall as well, so we have encountered the same problem with hurricane season. We decided on Aruba because its below the hurricane belt and gets very little rain year round...and if you go in the fall, room prices are cut in half. (peak season is mid december and mid april).

We are staying at the occidental grand aruba (all inclusive) which is a 4 star hotel and got decent reviews.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao (the ABC islands) are all safe Caribbean islands in September. If you want beautiful beaches and lots of fruity drinks, you''ll love it there. September is also a good time to go to Hawaii--we were married in September of last year and I found that September/October were comparatively cheap times to go to Hawaii.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I vote Mediterranean Sea. My mother and I went on a cruise late august/early september, and the weather was GORGEOUS!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
FI and I are going to Sri Lanka for ours at the end of September.

If you like the Far East, places like Vietnam, Nepal and Thailand are gorgeous - not sure when the monsoon is there though. We just about miss it in Sri Lanka.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I will definitely look into those suggestions...

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Bermuda is nice in September. If you want to go to Europe you might consider Venice, Como or Sardegna.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
What is the weather like in that time of year? 80s? 90s? mid 70s?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
There are several islands in the Caribbean that are out of the hurricane area. You may be able to find a pretty safe place to visit. I don''t think Turks and Caicos has been bothered by a hurricane since the 70s or something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results