shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon in Oahu Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DM

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
My soon to be wife and I plan on spending our honeymoon in Oahu Hawaii, can anyone recommend a good resort/hotel that will be romantic and fun at the same time. I am hoping some of you on here have spent some time there. Thanks in advance for all your responses.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
There have been lots of Hawaii threads already, try doing a search.

You'd probably also have more luck on Virtual Tourist and Trip Advisor.

Or just do a google search for "Honolulu resort reviews".

For the swank factor, you can't beat the Hilton Hawaiian Village, in my opinion. I also like the Outrigger. However, I'm not a "Resort" type of person, so I don't have experience with actually staying at these resorts, just walking through. Personally, I think Hawaii is better done in the smaller boutique hotels AWAY from the cities. The hotel is for sleeping--there is so much more do do in Hawaii than lounge on the beach or by the pool. That's what Florida's for
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I stayed at Ko''Olina Marriott (JW Ilihani) in October and we loved it - very beautiful out of the way hotel on the West side of the island.

happyday

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I also stayed at the Ko''Olina Marriott (JW Ilihani). It was wonderful. They even upgraded our room to a gorgeous "honeymoon" suite. We stayed there for 3 nights, then went to the Four Seasons in Maui for 5 nights. We finished off with 2 nights on Lanaii. It was perfect! Good luck with your plans!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sitting in the Honolulu airport right now waiting for my flight to go back home :( I don't have any resort recommendations as I normally stay at one of the military bases when I come here, but I we drove past a place on the North Shore that looked amazing - Turtle Bay I think it was called. I would stay away from the west side of the island as it seems that's where the homeless seem to congregate.

Wherever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

ETA: my remarks about the west side of the island - perhaps my daughter and I traveled farther west than the resort that others recommended!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
although it''s in the middle of Waikiki Beach, the Halekulani just feels secluded, romantic and it''s very posh!

i do second Musey''s advice- check out tripadvisor for the nitty-gritty on hotels & resorts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results