shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon in Asia - any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
We are thinking of taking our honeymoon in asia. My idea is for a layover in Hong Kong to visit old friends and then off to Bali, Thailand or the Philippines. I''ve traveled to these countries, but traveled on the cheap using my Lonely Planet guide
9.gif

I''d like suggestions on honeymoon quality places to stay in Bali, Thailand or the Philippines!
love.gif
Also open to other destination suggestions.

Thanks
Todd & Alice

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Bali is very nice, you can check Conde Nast for top 100 hotels, several from Bali make the list. Sanur Beach and Nusa Dua area are where most want to be. Nusa Dua area is a little more money. Thailand is great, just got back from there. Phuket area is very popular, loved that place. There is a beach where all 5 hotels are owned by the same company, Sheraton is one of them. I liked that cove much better than where most stay down by club med. Pataya very popular with Americans. Hong Kong is fun but not as good of value as Thailand or Bali. Phillipines I would not do, too many problems.
If you want more info on any of them, please ask.

starfire

Shiny_Rock
Hi Todd,

It would be a good idea to consider the following places:

* Bali (but you have already heard that)
* Sipadan island (off East Malaysia)
* Koh Samui island (Thailand) - beautiful unspoilt resort
* Phuket island (Thailand) - VERY fun and beautiful place with many unspoilt beaches and places for snorkeling and scuba.
* Banyan Tree (Bintan island, near Singapore) - BEAUTIFUL resort! Pricy though!

I am sure that there are many more nice places in the region, but these are some I thought of off the cuff.

Best regards,
Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier
Singapore

----------------
On 10/8/2004 1:55:44 PM Todd07 wrote:

We are thinking of taking our honeymoon in asia. My idea is for a layover in Hong Kong to visit old friends and then off to Bali, Thailand or the Philippines. I've traveled to these countries, but traveled on the cheap using my Lonely Planet guide
9.gif

I'd like suggestions on honeymoon quality places to stay in Bali, Thailand or the Philippines!
love.gif
Also open to other destination suggestions.

Thanks
Todd & Alice----------------

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I lived in Bali for a semester during college, and I would recommend getting away from the touristy areas like Nusa Dua. I lived VERY CHEAPLY there, but if I had had money I would stay at the Amandari or something similar (http://www.99bali.com/amandari/). It's definitely a splurge, but hey, it's your honeymoon! It's in Ubud, which is an artist community and the hotel is hidden among the rice paddies. It's gorgeous, and so relaxing. Another part of the trip can be at the beach, but in my opinion it's more enjoyable to explore the fascinating life and culture of Bali in some of the more "off the beaten path" areas than dealing with the pushy people trying to sell you stuff at Kuta and Nusa Dua beaches. Of course, this is just me and my 2 cents
2.gif

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sparkler,

I spent two weeks in Bali many years ago. I did it on the cheap and travled via motorcycle. I was thinking of splitting our stay between a nice beach resort (anywhere but Kuta) and Ubud. Although Ubud is my favorite, my FI deserves some time on the beach and to see the contrast with Ubud. Now, I'll also steer away from Nusa Dua.

Thanks for the link to amandari. I'll have to call and see if I can get a better rate
naughty.gif

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
I second the Thailand recomendations.

Very affordable! Phi Phi or Phuket or Koh Samui are wonderful and the Baht is cheap compared to USD. All are cheap flights from HK or BKK. I got to BKK on business once a month and love it there. Cheap, and a great mix of interesting expats.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Hi again - Bali is one of the most magical places on earth - I'm going to look back at my notes and see if I can pass on any additional suggestions
2.gif
I went to some amazing beaches that were black sand and deserted - great for skinny dipping on your honeymoon
11.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think Thailand is the perfect vacation spot. It's got islands, mountains and big cities. Laos is nice too.

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
BTWN THE ABOVE CHOICES I WOULD CHOOSE THAILAND.

THAILAND . THERE ARE LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL ISLANDS.

PHILIPINES HAS MANY BEAUTIFUL ISLANDS AS WELL- NOT TO MANY WORLD CLASS HOTELS- UNLESS YOU GO TO THE POPULAR ISLANDS.

BALI - I DIDNT FALL IN LOVE WITH THE PLACE. BUT RIVER RAFTING WAS AMAZING THERE.

MY FRIENDS JUST CAME BACK FROM MALDIVES AND SEYCHELLS. THEY SAID IT WAS AMAZING. - MALDIVES ( MALE CAPITOL) IS OFF OF INDIA. AND SEYCHELLS IS OFF OF AFRICA - MADAGASCAR. IT'S VERY POPULAR WITH THE EUROPEANS AND ASIANS. AS FOR AMERICANS IT'S PROBABLY TOO FAR NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE FAMILIAR WITH THEM. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Nick Toseland

Rough_Rock
I Came back from Langkawi in February. That was really nice. The Datai Hotel is very nice

Koh Samui is nice, but wont be for long. lots of development happening

Not a great lover of the Maldives.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Phuket has really nice resorts. Had you been to Singapore? Me and my fiance went there for vacation in July; it was nice and very easy to get around. And the chili crab is YUMMY.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results